3.0 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern Georgia
An earthquake with magnitude 3.0 has occurred in the south of Georgia, Novosti-Georgia reported.
According to the National Seismic Monitoring Center, the tremor was recorded at 10:34 am Tbilisi time. The epicenter was located 55 km away from the capital, 16 km southwest from town Tsalka (Samtskhe-Javakhk region).
The earthquake with magnitude 6.1 occurred in Georgia on the evening of Sunday. It was followed by a series of aftershocks, the strongest of which was 4.5. The epicenter was near the village of Sameba, in the Dmanisi municipality. The earthquake damaged a school building and about 20 houses in the district center.
Other materials on this subject
- Giorgi Sharvashidze, former rector of TSU, appointed Ambassador of Georgia to Armenia In 2004-2013, he served as Director of the Academic Support Program at the Open Society Institute in Budapest.
- Ruling party MP found dead at home Relatives have told the media that the 51-year-old lawmaker had suffered health issues since the death of his son in a road accident in 2017.
- Tbilisi Celebrates Traditional "Vardaton" Festival Dedicated to Sayat Nova According to a tradition established over a century ago, Georgian Armenians marched from Hovhannes Tumanyan's house to the Sayat Nova monument, laid roses, and then headed to the Saint Gevorg Church, paying...
- US President Joe Biden Releases Armenian Genocide Remembrance Day Statement As we reflect on the Armenian genocide, we renew our pledge to remain vigilant against the corrosive influence of hate in all its forms.
- Four NATO Ships Make Port Call in Poti The Group, led by Rear Admiral Manuel Aguirre Aldereguía, is composed of Spanish flagship Cristobal Colon, Bulgarian Smeli, Romanian Regina Maria and Turkish Kemalreis.
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 1.54 km/h
Wind: 1.54 km/h