Four NATO Ships Make Port Call in Poti
Four NATO ships, assigned to the Standing NATO Maritime Group Two (SNMG2) are visiting the Georgian port of Poti on March 15-18, hosted by the Georgian Coast Guard, Civil.ge reported.
The Group, led by Rear Admiral Manuel Aguirre Aldereguía, is composed of Spanish flagship Cristobal Colon, Bulgarian Smeli, Romanian Regina Maria and Turkish Kemalreis.
Georgian Interior Ministry says the NATO ships will conduct joint exercises with the country’s Coast Guard.
“It is important that NATO port visits to Georgia’s Black Sea ports are regular, which is one of the tangible results of NATO-Georgia cooperation in strengthening Black Sea security,” says the Ministry’s March 15 statement.
Allied Maritime Command stated earlier that the Group entered the Black Sea on March 12 and after completing the deployment, will resume its activities in the Mediterranean.
- Giorgi Sharvashidze, former rector of TSU, appointed Ambassador of Georgia to Armenia In 2004-2013, he served as Director of the Academic Support Program at the Open Society Institute in Budapest.
- Ruling party MP found dead at home Relatives have told the media that the 51-year-old lawmaker had suffered health issues since the death of his son in a road accident in 2017.
- Tbilisi Celebrates Traditional "Vardaton" Festival Dedicated to Sayat Nova According to a tradition established over a century ago, Georgian Armenians marched from Hovhannes Tumanyan's house to the Sayat Nova monument, laid roses, and then headed to the Saint Gevorg Church, paying...
- US President Joe Biden Releases Armenian Genocide Remembrance Day Statement As we reflect on the Armenian genocide, we renew our pledge to remain vigilant against the corrosive influence of hate in all its forms.
- 3.0 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern Georgia According to the National Seismic Monitoring Center, the tremor was recorded at 10:34 am Tbilisi time. The epicenter was located 55 km away from the capital, 16 km southwest from town Tsalka (Samtskhe-Javakhk...
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 0 km/h