The Embassy on Dismantling of Armenian Genocide Memorial in Cologne
In response to the numerous enquiries since May 6th regarding the Armenian Genocide Memorial located on the left side of the Hohenzollernbrücke bridge in Cologne, the Embassy of the Republic of Armenia in the Federal Republic of Germany reports the following:
"The monument was erected on 15 April 2018 at the Remember the Genocide Initiative (Initiative Völkermord erinnern) and a number of individual citizens. Due to the absence of an official installation permit, the monument was dismantled four days after its installation (19 April 2018), which was the subject of a legal dispute.
Every year, ahead of 24 April, the monument is erected and then dismantled on the grounds of the absence of an official permission, which has clearly become the subject of outrage by many of our compatriots and a legal dispute with the local authorities.
The Embassy of the Republic of Armenia is in direct contact with the members of the initiative and other interested parties and will make efforts to reach a mutually acceptable solution," Armradio.am reports.
- Delegation of U.S. House of Representatives Visits Tsitsernakaberd Memorial Complex The guests laid flowers and a wreath at the Eternal Fire perpetuating the memory of the Armenian Genocide victims, observed a one-minute of silence to honor the memory of the Holy Martyrs.
- Liberal Party of Australia recognized Artsakh independence, Armenian Genocide- David Babayan Recently, the New South Wales Parliamentary Friends of Armenia has also issued a statement condemning the aggressive policy of Azerbaijan towards the Republic of Artsakh.
- The UN Should Not Be Complicit in Turkey's Rejection of History- Congressman 33 countries, including the United States, have formally recognized the Armenian genocide.
- Germany Delegation Visits Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan The members of the delegation laid a wreath and flowers at the Eternal Flame, and then they visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute.
- Mississippi Becomes the 50th US State to Recognize the Armenian Genocide "Genocide has no place in society, and we must do everything we can to prevent it," the Governor said.
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 4.12 km/h