The UN Should Not Be Complicit in Turkey's Rejection of History- Congressman
United States Congressman Frank Pallone called out the President of the United Nations General Assembly Abdulla Shahid for “capitulating to pressure from Turkey” and deleting his tweet on his visit to the Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan.
“33 countries, including the United States, have formally recognized the Armenian genocide. The UN should not be complicit in Turkey's rejection of history. UNPGA Abdulla Shahid was wrong for deleting his tweet and capitulating to pressure from Turkey,” Pallone tweeted.
33 countries, including the United States, have formally recognized the Armenian genocide. The @UN should not be complicit in Turkey's rejection of history.@UN_PGA Abdulla Shahid was wrong for deleting his tweet and capitulating to pressure from Turkey.https://t.co/v5wJskaZmX— Rep. Frank Pallone (@FrankPallone) August 1, 2022
Other materials on this subject
- Delegation of U.S. House of Representatives Visits Tsitsernakaberd Memorial Complex The guests laid flowers and a wreath at the Eternal Fire perpetuating the memory of the Armenian Genocide victims, observed a one-minute of silence to honor the memory of the Holy Martyrs.
- Liberal Party of Australia recognized Artsakh independence, Armenian Genocide- David Babayan Recently, the New South Wales Parliamentary Friends of Armenia has also issued a statement condemning the aggressive policy of Azerbaijan towards the Republic of Artsakh.
- Germany Delegation Visits Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan The members of the delegation laid a wreath and flowers at the Eternal Flame, and then they visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute.
- The Embassy on Dismantling of Armenian Genocide Memorial in Cologne
- Mississippi Becomes the 50th US State to Recognize the Armenian Genocide "Genocide has no place in society, and we must do everything we can to prevent it," the Governor said.
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 2.06 km/h