President of European Council Issues Statement After Hosting Pashinyan-Aliyev Meeting
European Council President Charles Michel released a statement after hosting Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan and Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev for trilateral talks in Brussels.
“Today I hosted President Aliyev of Azerbaijan and Prime Minister Pashinyan of Armenia again. This was our third discussion in this format. We focused on the situation in the South Caucasus and the development of EU relations with both countries as well as the broader region.
The discussion was frank and productive. We reviewed the entire set of issues. We had a detailed discussion on humanitarian issues, including demining, and efforts to free detainees and address the fate of missing persons.
We reached the following outcomes:
The first joint meeting of the Border Commissions will take place on the inter-state border in the coming days. It will address all questions related to the delimitation of the border and how best to ensure a stable situation.
The leaders agreed on the need to proceed with unblocking the transport links. They agreed on the principles governing transit between western Azerbaijan and Nakhichevan, and between different parts of Armenia via Azerbaijan, as well as international transport through communications infrastructure of both countries. Notably they agreed on principles of border administration, security, land fees but also customs in the context of international transport. The Deputy Prime Ministers will take this work forward in the coming days.
The leaders agreed to advance discussions on the future peace treaty governing inter-state relations between Armenia and Azerbaijan. Teams led by the Foreign Ministers will take forward this process in the coming weeks. In addition to this track, I also stressed to both leaders that it was necessary that the rights and security of the ethnic Armenian population in Karabakh be addressed.
The EU will take forward with both parties the work of the Economic Advisory Group, which seeks to advance economic development for the benefit of both countries and their populations.
I also stressed the importance of preparing the populations for long-term sustainable peace. The EU is ready to step up its support.
We agreed to remain in close contact and will meet again in the same format by July/August,” Michel said in the statement.
- Washington and Paris Stopped Contacts with Russian Co-Chair of OSCE Minsk Group – Zakharova She stated that Russia is interested in the normalization of the relations between Armenia and Azerbaijan.
- The most important is not to betray the principles: Armenian President delivers remarks in Davos Till now Armenia is regularly facing crises, which it tries to overcome in a special way. We have closed border, and this greatly affects our life quality.
- Collective West Subordinates Human Rights to Geopolitical Interests: Artsakh Ombudsman My task is to make ordinary people in Europe, the US and Russia understand that it's impossible to protect the rights of Artsakh's residents under Azerbaijan's policy of Armenophobia.
- Statement of the Foreign Ministry of the Republic of Artsakh on the Occasion of the 30th Anniversary of the Massacre in Maragha Only a strong and prosperous Artsakh that develops its statehood, has a status of an international legal subject and unites all Armenians around itself, can become the best guarantee of non-repetition...
- Since Yesterday, Peacekeepers Are Not Only in Parukh, but Also in Karaglukh: President of Artsakh The right of the people of Artsakh to self-determination has been and will be the main guide of the country's foreign policy.
Prosecutor Generals of Armenia, Russia, Azerbaijan Discuss Issues of Resolving Humanitarian- Legal Issues Caused by War
The Republic of Armenia Reaffirms its Readiness to Launch Consultations on a Peace Agreement at Once: Ararat Mirzoyan
Belarusian President Arrives in Russia’s St. Petersburg
I Have Received Confirmation From the Armenian Side That the Border Delimitation Process Is Very Important - Lavrov in Baku
Azerbaijan and Russia Sign Agreement on Security Cooperation
Luxembourg Is Among Those Countries Whose Parliaments Have Recognized the Armenian Genocide. FM of Armenia
Azeri Military Spreads Disinformation Falsely Accusing Armenia in Opening Fire at Border
UN Chief Opposes Russia's Exclusion from UN Ocean Conference: Agency
Armenian MP: Right of Self-Determination is Simply a Right to Live for Nagorno-Karabakh People
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
Armenian and Greek MPs Discuss Issues of Mutual Interests in Tsaghkadzor
Russia Full of Determination over Kaliningrad Situation: Kremlin Spokesman
Armen Grigoryan to visit France
Armenian State Revenue Committee Chair, South Korea’s Customs Service Commissioner discuss expansion of cooperation
Michel Matthew Ter-Pogossian, the ''Father'' of Positron Emission Tomography
Armenian Woman is Elected to France Parliament
Baghdad-Yerevan Flights Launched
You Can Observe Austria as a Reliable Partner: President of the Federal Council of Austria Said to Alen Simonyan
SADA Cup։ Winning Start of Armenian Team
EU Summit Grants Ukraine, Moldova Candidate Status to Join EU
May 28: the Day of Armenian First Republic
Alexander Leonovich Kemurdzhian, Designer of the First Planet Rover
Artsakh's NSS Urges Against Spread of Dubious News
The People of Artsakh Have the Same Rights as Everyone: Ararat Mirzoyan
Andranik Iosifyan from Artsakh: Father of Electromechanics, "Chief Electrician" of Missile Technology
Artsakh’s NSS Reveals Case of High Treason
Space Camp 2022 Registration Begins
It Is Necessary to Work Closely to Launch Crisis Prevention Mechanisms: Pashinyan to CSTO Foreign Ministers
Armenia is Not Only Russia’s Partner, it is a Strategic Ally, Putin Tells Khachaturyan
The Resident of Berdzor, Lost on the Azerbaijani Side, was Returned Through the Mediation of Peacekeepers
Wind: 3.6 km/h