Collective West Subordinates Human Rights to Geopolitical Interests: Artsakh Ombudsman
It's impossible to protect the rights of Artsakh's residents in conditions of Azerbaijan's policy of Armenophobia, Ombudsman of Artsakh Gegham Stepanyan said in his interview with journalists, NEWS.am reports.
Answering a question about the fact that despite all the atrocities committed by Azerbaijan, the collective West considers it as a "partner" and doesn't apply sanctions, Gegham Stepanyan said: "This is a bitter reality. The protection of human rights is subordinated to political and geopolitical interests. We have repeatedly voiced this concern in various discussions." According to him, with this approach, tons of documents created after World War II become meaningless.
"But that doesn't mean we should refuse to go our own way. We should always stick to our chosen path - the right to self-determination, the right to security, the right to life, the right to preserve cultural values. This is perceived at the public level. That is, if those who make political decisions constantly refer to political gains, then at least for those who are guided by the public interest, they understand the agenda of defending rights," he noted.
"My task is to make ordinary people in Europe, the US and Russia understand that it's impossible to protect the rights of Artsakh's residents under Azerbaijan's policy of Armenophobia. In this context, I can say that my impression is that the Russian peacekeepers before coming to to Artsakh had one perception of our conflict, but having been here, faced with different circumstances for a year and a half, they changed their views on many issues. That's why we say to the representatives of international organizations: come and get acquainted with the situation on the spot," Gegham Stepanyan said.
- Artsakh MOD: Azerbaijan Again Violated Ceasefire in Some Directions Together with the Russian peacekeeping contingent, work is continuing toward further stabilization of the situation.
- Azerbaijan Violated Ceasefire in Some Sections, Artsakh Says With the mediation of the Russian peacekeeping contingent, efforts continue to prevent further escalation of tension and stabilize the situation.
- Azerbaijan Continues to Violate Ceasefire Regime: Artsakh Defense Army Several wounded in the past days were discharged from the hospital. The condition of three remains critical, the condition of another one is extremely critical, with some positive dynamics.
- Putin Discusses Nagorno Karabakh Escalation With Security Council Members The high necessity to implement all provisions of the trilateral agreement was underscored.
- Azerbaijan Officially Assumed Responsibility for Aggression – FM Mirzoyan tells diplomatic corps The Armenian FM specially emphasized that the Azerbaijani side has officially and overtly assumed the responsibility of the aggression, evidence of which are the statements released by the Azerbaijani...
2 of 19 Injured Armenian Servicemen Discharged from Hospital
PM Pashinyan Holds Phone Talk with Vladimir Putin
Men's Chess Team of Armenia defeats Azerbaijan: Olympiad
Tense Operational Situation Created in Armenian-Iranian State Border: Border Guard Department of FSS of Russia
China Calls on Armenia, Azerbaijan to "Avoid Escalating Situation"
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia Denies Shooting at Azerbaijani Positions
Artsakh MOD: Azerbaijan Again Violated Ceasefire in Some Directions
What Makes Tunisia an Attractive Place for Tourists?
Iran’s Political Doctrine Has No Place for Nuclear Weapons: Foreign Minister
Two Ships Permitted to Leave Ukrainian Ports on Monday: UN
The Two-Day Session of the Economic Policy Council Inspires Optimism that We are on the Right Track: PM Pashinyan
Armenian Soldier Wounded in Azerbaijani Shooting
Situation Relatively Stable: Artsakh MoD Reports Ceasefire Violation in Some Areas
The Work of the Session of the Economic Policy Council Under the Prime Minister has Started in Dilijan
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
I Strongly Condemn Azerbaijan’s Use of Military Pressure Against Artsakh- Congressman Brenda Lawrence
It Is Necessary to Hold the Aliyev Regime Accountable For the Attacks on Artsakh- US Congressman
Azerbaijan Violated Ceasefire in Some Sections, Artsakh Says
The Armenian Side Conveyed Proposals Regarding the Activities of the Peacekeepers to the Russian Leadership in 2021: MFA
Asatour Sarafian, the Inventor of Automatic Transmission For Automobiles
Russia Supports Normalization of Armenia-Turkey Relations: Zakharova
Azerbaijani Special Services Continue Hacking Armenian Accounts of Facebook – NSS Artsakh
Faith, Patriotism, Professionalism are Among Effective Mechanisms for Fighting Eternal Enemies: David Babayan
EU Will Not Recognise Passports Distributed By Russia To Ukrainians: Josep Borrell
Armenian Film Producer Armen Grigoryan Dies In Courtroom
Edvard Asryan Appointed Chef of Staff of Armenia’s Armed Forces
Armenian PM Receives Participants of 2022 Golden Apricot Yerevan International Film Festival
Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs to Meet in Tbilisi
Prime Minister Pashinyan Receives US CIA Director William Burns
Wind: 8.23 km/h