Collective West Subordinates Human Rights to Geopolitical Interests: Artsakh Ombudsman
It's impossible to protect the rights of Artsakh's residents in conditions of Azerbaijan's policy of Armenophobia, Ombudsman of Artsakh Gegham Stepanyan said in his interview with journalists, NEWS.am reports.
Answering a question about the fact that despite all the atrocities committed by Azerbaijan, the collective West considers it as a "partner" and doesn't apply sanctions, Gegham Stepanyan said: "This is a bitter reality. The protection of human rights is subordinated to political and geopolitical interests. We have repeatedly voiced this concern in various discussions." According to him, with this approach, tons of documents created after World War II become meaningless.
"But that doesn't mean we should refuse to go our own way. We should always stick to our chosen path - the right to self-determination, the right to security, the right to life, the right to preserve cultural values. This is perceived at the public level. That is, if those who make political decisions constantly refer to political gains, then at least for those who are guided by the public interest, they understand the agenda of defending rights," he noted.
"My task is to make ordinary people in Europe, the US and Russia understand that it's impossible to protect the rights of Artsakh's residents under Azerbaijan's policy of Armenophobia. In this context, I can say that my impression is that the Russian peacekeepers before coming to to Artsakh had one perception of our conflict, but having been here, faced with different circumstances for a year and a half, they changed their views on many issues. That's why we say to the representatives of international organizations: come and get acquainted with the situation on the spot," Gegham Stepanyan said.
- Washington and Paris Stopped Contacts with Russian Co-Chair of OSCE Minsk Group – Zakharova She stated that Russia is interested in the normalization of the relations between Armenia and Azerbaijan.
- The most important is not to betray the principles: Armenian President delivers remarks in Davos Till now Armenia is regularly facing crises, which it tries to overcome in a special way. We have closed border, and this greatly affects our life quality.
- President of European Council Issues Statement After Hosting Pashinyan-Aliyev Meeting The first joint meeting of the Border Commissions will take place on the inter-state border in the coming days. It will address all questions related to the delimitation of the border and how best to ensure...
- Statement of the Foreign Ministry of the Republic of Artsakh on the Occasion of the 30th Anniversary of the Massacre in Maragha Only a strong and prosperous Artsakh that develops its statehood, has a status of an international legal subject and unites all Armenians around itself, can become the best guarantee of non-repetition...
- Since Yesterday, Peacekeepers Are Not Only in Parukh, but Also in Karaglukh: President of Artsakh The right of the people of Artsakh to self-determination has been and will be the main guide of the country's foreign policy.
Major Accident in Syunik: Serviceman Dies, Four People Hospitalized
Prosecutor Generals of Armenia, Russia, Azerbaijan Discuss Issues of Resolving Humanitarian- Legal Issues Caused by War
The Republic of Armenia Reaffirms its Readiness to Launch Consultations on a Peace Agreement at Once: Ararat Mirzoyan
Belarusian President Arrives in Russia’s St. Petersburg
I Have Received Confirmation From the Armenian Side That the Border Delimitation Process Is Very Important - Lavrov in Baku
Azerbaijan and Russia Sign Agreement on Security Cooperation
Luxembourg Is Among Those Countries Whose Parliaments Have Recognized the Armenian Genocide. FM of Armenia
Azeri Military Spreads Disinformation Falsely Accusing Armenia in Opening Fire at Border
UN Chief Opposes Russia's Exclusion from UN Ocean Conference: Agency
Armenian MP: Right of Self-Determination is Simply a Right to Live for Nagorno-Karabakh People
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
Armenian and Greek MPs Discuss Issues of Mutual Interests in Tsaghkadzor
Russia Full of Determination over Kaliningrad Situation: Kremlin Spokesman
Armen Grigoryan to visit France
Armenian State Revenue Committee Chair, South Korea’s Customs Service Commissioner discuss expansion of cooperation
Michel Matthew Ter-Pogossian, the ''Father'' of Positron Emission Tomography
Armenian Woman is Elected to France Parliament
Baghdad-Yerevan Flights Launched
You Can Observe Austria as a Reliable Partner: President of the Federal Council of Austria Said to Alen Simonyan
SADA Cup։ Winning Start of Armenian Team
May 28: the Day of Armenian First Republic
Alexander Leonovich Kemurdzhian, Designer of the First Planet Rover
Artsakh's NSS Urges Against Spread of Dubious News
The People of Artsakh Have the Same Rights as Everyone: Ararat Mirzoyan
Andranik Iosifyan from Artsakh: Father of Electromechanics, "Chief Electrician" of Missile Technology
Artsakh’s NSS Reveals Case of High Treason
Space Camp 2022 Registration Begins
It Is Necessary to Work Closely to Launch Crisis Prevention Mechanisms: Pashinyan to CSTO Foreign Ministers
Armenia is Not Only Russia’s Partner, it is a Strategic Ally, Putin Tells Khachaturyan
The Resident of Berdzor, Lost on the Azerbaijani Side, was Returned Through the Mediation of Peacekeepers
Wind: 0.51 km/h