Azerbaijan Officially Assumed Responsibility for Aggression – FM Mirzoyan tells diplomatic corps
On August 4, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Armenia Ararat Mirzoyan received the heads of diplomatic missions accredited in Armenia.
Minister Mirzoyan drew the ambassadors' attention to the situation resulting from the provocative and aggressive actions of Azerbaijan in Nagorno-Karabakh in recent days. He noted that the Azerbaijani armed forces, once again violating the Trilateral Statement on the secession of hostilities in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone signed by the leaders of Armenia, Russia and Azerbaijan on of November 9, 2020, carried out aggression in the area of responsibility of the Russian peacekeeping forces, as a result of which nineteen servicemen of the Nagorno-Karabakh Defence Army were injured and two were killed.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Armenia particularly emphasized that the Azerbaijani side has officially and blatantly assumed the responsibility for the aggression, clearly evidenced in the statements of the Ministry of Defence and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan, and the violations recorded by the Russian peacekeeping forces deployed in Nagorno-Karabakh.
Minister Mirzoyan noted that Azerbaijan’s aggression was preceded by the letter submitted to the Russian peacekeeping contingent regarding the transfer of control over the Lachin Corridor, according to which the Azerbaijani side plans to change the currently operating route through the Lachin Corridor. This is a gross violation of the Trilateral Statement of November 9 as the 6th provision of the Statement clearly reads that the plan for the construction of a new traffic route through the Lachin Corridor connecting Armenia with Nagorno-Karabakh should be decided by the agreement of the parties (i.e. Russia, Armenia and Azerbaijan) within the next three years, while there is no such plan approved in a trilateral format yet.
Ararat Mirzoyan also stressed that the Azerbaijani authorities respond to the efforts of the Armenian side to achieve stability and peace in the region with Armeophobic rhetoric, aggressive statements, and blatant threats of use of force. He considered Azerbaijan's continuous policy of subjecting the people of Nagorno-Karabakh to ethnic cleansing unacceptable.
The Foreign Minister of Armenia also referred to the unaddressed humanitarian issues resulting from the 44-day war, stressing that the Azerbaijani side continues to hold Armenian prisoners of war and civilians in violation of the provisions of international humanitarian law.
The Foreign Minister of Armenia reiterated the position of the Armenian side on the peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict under the auspices of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairmanship, which is the only international format mandated by the UN Security Council.
It was also emphasized that in order to support the agenda of the Armenian side to achieve peace in the South Caucasus, coordinated and unanimous assistance of the international community is necessary.
- Russian forces have clearly failed in their duties: senators press Biden Administration to break Azerbaijan’s blockade The United States cannot stand aside while the Aliyev regime callously threatens the lives of Nagorno-Karabakh’s citizens, and must hold Azerbaijan to account for blocking a civilian population’s access...
- US calls for the full restoration of free movement through the Lachin Corridor "We remain concerned about impeded access to the Lachin Corridor and the humanitarian implications of this situation. This sets back the peace process and undermines international confidence. We call for...
- Azerbaijani forces violate the ceasefire in Artsakh The ceasefire violation was reported to the command of the Russian peacekeeping troops.
- Azerbaijani units violate ceasefire in several directions, Artsakh’s Defense Ministry says The Armenian side has no losses. The incidents of ceasefire violations were reported to the command of the Russian peacekeeping troops.
- Russian Diplomat Reassures Armenians Over Corridor In Karabakh "The parties are in direct contact, and I assure you that the peacekeepers will not move a single centimeter until there is a new corridor," Seleznyov said.
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 0.51 km/h