There is some progress in Armenia-Turkey relations: FM Mirzoyan
Despite all the complexity of relations and realities, the Republic of Armenia extended its helping hand and expressed its readiness to provide humanitarian support to both Turkey and Syria, ARMENPRESS reports Armenian Foreign Minister Ararat Mirzoyan said during the press conference held after the meeting with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Germany.
"We, as a nation that suffered a devastating earthquake in our territory in 1988, consider it important that no society should be left alone during natural disasters," the Armenian FM emphasized, expressing his condolences regarding the earthquake that occurred in Turkey and Syria.
In response to a clarifying question, what kind of support Armenia has offered to Turkey, the minister detailed:
“The Republic of Armenia is ready and is currently discussing the transfer of essential goods in the form of humanitarian aid to the earthquake-affected regions of Turkey and Syria, as well as to dispatch rescue service teams to relevant places to provide assistance on the ground. I want to repeat what I said in my introductory speech. In 1988, in our territory, in the Republic of Armenia, we ourselves saw what disastrous consequences an earthquake can have, and we were not alone at that time. we have received help from the international community. I believe that we should also be ready to extend our helping hand to all the peoples who at that moment need that help as a result of natural disasters."
Minister Mirzoyan also referred to the ongoing dialogue between Armenia and Turkey.
"There is a dialogue, as you know, about the opening of borders and the establishment of diplomatic relations.
I want to reaffirm the readiness of the Republic of Armenia to be sincerely involved in this process and bring it to a logical and positive conclusion as quickly as possible. I want to let you know that there is some progress. In our opinion, the process is a bit slow, but it is still very positive that we have positive records on the ground.
Recently, Turkey and Armenia decided to lift the air cargo ban. This is another positive step, and we hope that this process will continue faster and with more tangible achievements. In any case, on behalf of the Armenian side, I want to reaffirm our position regarding this issue in having a peaceful, cooperative and stable large region."
Other materials on this subject
- Armenia, Turkey to discuss implementation of agreements on air cargo transport, land border "Soon a meeting is expected on the border between representatives of respective ministries of the two countries to discuss the implementation of the two agreements reached in July. These agreements are...
- Cavusoglu: Azerbaijan, Armenia have agreed on main points of peace treaty They include recognition of each other’s territorial integrity, demarcation of borders, etc.
- Ter-Petrosyan's Comparison of Zurich Protocols and Possible Armenian-Turkish Peace Treaty is Inappropriate "Third Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan's point of view regarding the first RA President Levon Ter-Petrosyan's assessment of the Catholicos's initiative of a meeting of the former presidents of Armenia...
- Turkey Ready to Move Armenia Normalisation Talks to Yerevan and Ankara Last month, Turkey and Armenia decided to begin direct air-cargo trade and open their land borders to third-country citizens as soon as possible.
- Ruben Rubinyan Presented the Current Situation of the Armenia-Turkey Settlement Process to the French Ambassador to Armenia A number of issues regarding the regional security were also discussed.
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 0.51 km/h