Iran Intends to Double Its Oil Exports
Official Tehran is confident that the oil embargo imposed on Iran by the US and the European Union will be lifted in January 2016, Iran’s Deputy Trade Minister Mojtaba Khosrowtaj said in an interview to RIA Novosti.
"We believe that the oil embargo imposed on Iran will be lifted as early as December 2015 or January 2016. We do not accept an option of gradual lifting of the sanctions.We have stated that all sanctions should be lifted simultaneously", - Sputnik News Agency reports. The Iranian Deputy Minister said Iran expects to have favorable conditions for access to international markets. "The banking sanctions have a key role as they create many obstacles. He hope in January they will not be anymore", - he said.
At the same time, Mojtaba Khosrowtaj said Iran is ready to double its oil exports within three months after sanctions have been lifted. "Earlier, before sanctions, we produced 1.8 million barrels of oil per day for domestic use and 2.5 for export. Currently, we export almost one million barrels per day, and we are fully prepared to add another 500,000 barrels of oil to our exports immediately after sanctions are lifted. And within a few months, maybe three, we can add another 500,000 barrels per day," Iranian Deputy Minister said.
It should be noted that earlier Bloomberg reported that oil and financial sanctions on Iran will probably be lifted within the first three months of 2016. Under the terms of a July 14 deal between world powers and Iran, sanctions imposed internationally on the Persian Gulf nation will be lifted in return for restrictions on nuclear work. The Vienna-based International Atomic Energy Agency will assess when Iran has fulfilled the terms of deal, paving the way for the removal of restrictions. The monitoring necessary for that to happen will probably be in place by January or February, according to some sources. Others say restrictions may last as late as March.
However, Iran and the European countries have already started working to create a base for the new cooperation after the lifting of sanctions. The frequent visits of European delegations to Tehran during the recent months can prove this claim.
- Iran's Nuclear Enrichment at Higher Level than before 2015 Deal: Rouhani Iran has gradually scaled back its commitments under the nuclear deal in retaliation to Washington’s withdrawal from the pact in 2018 and its reimposition of sanctions that have crippled the country’s...
- EU’s Dispute Mechanism "A Strategic Mistake": FM Zarif After the mechanism is implemented, Iran would be given 15 days to resolve the dispute with the three European signatories to the nuclear deal.
- Dispute Resolution Mechanism On Iranian Deal To Be Launched The UK, Germany and France will notify the EU on Tuesday that they are launching a dispute resolution mechanism as part of the implementation of the Iranian deal (JCPOA), Reuters reported referring to...
- Johnson: Let's Do a 'Trump Deal' to Replace the Iran Nuclear Deal British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Tuesday called on U.S. President Donald Trump to replace the Iranian nuclear deal with his own new agreement.
- Pence: Trump Will Ask European Allies to Withdraw from the Disastrous Iran Nuclear Deal The agreement has been unraveling since Trump pulled the United States from it.
Denmark Confirms First Coronavirus Case in Man Returning From Holiday in Italy
Armenia Women's National Team will Have a Training Camp
"Law enforcement must meet our people’s legitimate expectations" - PM holds consultation on corruption
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
First Flow of Armenian Citizens Returns from Iran by Special Flight
Euro Zone Governments Should Use Budget Measures to Support Growth: Lagarde
Facebook to Ban Misleading Ads About Coronavirus
Bako Sahakyan Visited the Artsakh Republic Defense Ministry
Georgian Defense Minister Will Arrive in Armenia on Official Visit
Armenian Ambassador to Iran Urges not to Spread Panic Over Coronavirus Outbreak
Armenian, Cuban FMs Met in Geneva
12 New Flights from Europe to Armenia to Launch in 2020
Pope Expresses Closeness to Those Affected by Coronavirus
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Armenia FM in Geneva, Meets with Greece Counterpart
Armenian FM holds Phone Call with Top EU Official
San Francisco Declares Local Emergency Amid Coronavirus
YES Group Will Start Active Campaigning On March 2
Trump Extended For a Year Sanctions Against Russia
The First Case of Coronavirus in Brazil Confirmed
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
Nikol Pashinyan Made A Motion To Grant Armenian Citizenship To A 105-Year Old Italian-Armenian
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
‘That Day Solidified Our Unity’: Congratulatory Message of President Armen Sarkissian on the Occasion of Artsakh’s Revival Day
Wind: 4 km/h