Eurogroup to Disburse 10.3 bln Euros to Greece
After eleven hours of negotiations, Euro zone finance ministers have approved new loans to Greece worth EUR 10.3 billion, the European Council's press service reported.
"The second tranche under the European Stability Mechanism program amounting to EUR 10.3 billion will be disbursed to Greece in several disbursements, starting with a first disbursement in June (EUR 7.5 bln) to cover debt servicing needs and to allow a clearance of an initial part of arrears as a means to support the real economy," a statement reads, according to Unian.
The Eurogroup also recalled the medium-term primary surplus target for Greece at 3.5% of GDP as of 2018 and underlined the "importance of a fiscal trajectory consistent with the fiscal commitments under the EU framework."
It is noted that the Eurogroup agrees to assess debt sustainability under the baseline scenario, according to which gross financing needs should remain below 15% of GDP during the post program period for the medium term, and below 20% of GDP thereafter.
- Greece Emerges from Eurozone Bailout Programme The economy has grown slowly in recent years and is still 25% smaller than when the crisis began.
- Greece Can be Competitive Once Makes Reforms: Schaeuble Greece can have a competitive economy once it makes reforms agreed with its euro zone creditors, German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said on Monday.
- Greek Unemployment Rises to 23.4 Percent in August, Eurozone Highest Greece's unemployment rate has come down from record highs but remains more than double the euro zone's average of 10 percent in August.
- 48-Hour Strike Began in Greece Public transport workers joined the strike. Today and on Saturday in the Greek capital metros, trolley buses and trams will not work.
- Greece to Launch a New Round of Bailout Talks Following pressure from bailout creditors, the government has committed to overhaul the country’s pension system, which, it admits, is otherwise moribund.
Secretary General: CSTO Will Provide Necessary Aid, if Armenia Turn to It
EU Calls for Quick De-Escalation in Syrian Idlib
Putin And Erdogan Discuss Idlib
Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Receives Georgian Defense Minister
Video of Alleged Azerbaijani in Armenia was Fabricated, National Security Service Acting Chief Says
Karabakh MFA Issues Comment on 32nd Anniversary of Armenian Pogroms in Azerbaijan’s Sumgait
Weather Forecast in Armenia: Rain Is Expected
Judy Chu Calls for $10 Million in U.S. Aid to Artsakh
Mongolian President Under Virus Quarantine
Nikol Pashinyan Pays Tribute To The Memory Of Victims Of Sumgait
Nikol Pashinyan Offers Condolences Over Death of Historian Samvel Karapetyan
Canadian Lawmakers Have Commemorated the Sumgait and Baku Pogroms
President Sarkissian Extends Condolences Over Death of Expert of Medieval Architecture Samvel Karapetyan
Georgian Defense Minister Visited The Armenian Genocide Memorial
Bako Sahakyan Laid Flowers For The Memory Of The Sumgait Pogroms
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
North Atlantic Council Meets For Consultations On The Situation In Syria
33 Turkish Soldiers Were Killed In Idlib
Recovered Coronavirus Patients Are Not Infectious (Official)
Sumgait Massacre: 32 Years Passed
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
Nikol Pashinyan Made A Motion To Grant Armenian Citizenship To A 105-Year Old Italian-Armenian
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
ANCA Calls on US to Match Armenia and Azerbaijan Military Assistance
Wind: 4 km/h