Russia Donates Aivazovsky's Letter Addressed to Tolstoy to Matenadaran
Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has donated a letter addressed to Russian Foreign Minister Ivan Matveyevich Tolstoy written by Armenian seascape painter Hovhannes (Ivan) Aivazovsky 161 years ago, Matenadaran’s Facebook page reports.
Apart from the letter, the Мinistry donated the copies of a number of other archival documents displayed during an exhibition organized as part of the events marking the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic ties between the two countries.
The donated materials include a letter by Hovhannes Aivazovsky’s brother Gabriel Aivazovsky, an Archbishop, scientist and historian, addressed to Russian Foreign Minister A. M. Gorchakov (written in 1857), as well as a decree by Catholocos Ghukas I Karnetsi issued to Russian Tsar (emperor) Paul I in 1979, a decree of Catholocos Yesai – to Tsar Peter the Great issued in 1716, etc.
- Israel Wins 2018 Eurovision Song Contest (Video) Based on online and phone voting during the event on May 12, Israel's Netta Barzilai captured the top prize with her song Toy.
- April 15 is Universal Day of Culture It was proposed by the author of the Roerich Pact - the Russian artist Nicholas Roerich.
- President Sargsyan Congratulates People’s Artist Artavazd Peleshyan on 80th Birthday You managed to show in the film the hidden episodes of human essence and psychology, human and nature relationships: President.
- Bill Gates Will Star in a Comedy To note, new episodes of The Big Bang Theory return Thursday, March 1 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.
- The Forbes Woman about Armenia, Yerevan, Armenian Mountains, Cuisine, Brandy "Traditional Armenian cuisine is not limited to lavash. Nevertheless, lavash just taken out of the tandoor is worth trying. Just wrap vegetables, cheese and fresh greens in it," the publication says, also...
Trump: "My Biggest Threat is the Fed"
Israel Strikes Gaza in Response to Rocket Attack on Be’er Sheva
Canada Becomes Second Country to Legalise Recreational Marijuana
Border Crosser from Turkey ID’d as Ethnic Kurd Felon, Russian Border Guards Say
Politico: State Department Spokeswoman Nauert in the Mix for U.N. Ambassador
President Sarkissian Accepts Cabinet’s Resignation
Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan: “Armenia is Entering a Historic Stage of Development”
Armenian Akhtala to be Renamed After Charles Aznavour?
Saudi Missing Journalist Jamal Khashoggi: Explanation Expected from Saudi Arabia as Mike Pompeo Arrives
ARF won’t Nominate Candidate for Prime Minister
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received Board Members of the International Francophone Press
Donald Trump has talked with King of Saudi Arabia
Turkey to Inspect Saudi Consulate over Journalist’s Disappearance
Kadyrov Invited Pashinyan and Macron to Participate in a Dance Festival in Chechnya
UK PM Launches First Strategy to Combat Loneliness
Russian Border Guards in Armenia Apprehend Trespasser
Armenia 2nd President: PM has Personal Hatred Towards Me
Istanbul Municipality Renames One of Streets of Şişli District After Hrant Dink
PM Receives U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
The Refusal from US State Bonds by the Investing Countries Can Have Crisis-Leading Consequences
Brigitte Macron: We Feel So Good in Armenia that We Don't Want to Leave
Macron: April 24 to be Remembered in France as the Day of Remembrance of the Armenian Genocide
In Honor of Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, RA Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan Gave Official Dinner (photos)
It Is Suggested in Armenia to Rename one of the International Airports in Honor of the Great Chansonnier Charles Aznavour
German Publicist about Erdogan's Visit: You Mean the Carpet, which Is Painted with the Blood of Armenians?
Aliyev Criticized International Observers' Assessment on the Yerevan Council of Elderly Elections before the Election Results Were Published
CSTO Chief of Joint Staff not Authorized to Comment on Matter Regarding Secretary General Yuri Khachaturov
Justin Trudeau: Many Years ago I Had the Opportunity to Visit Armenia with my Father during Summer Holidays
Artsakh's Defense Army Serviceman Artsakh Hovsepyan Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Artsakh's Defense Army Serviceman Aghasi Mkrtchyan Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Wind: 11.27 km/h