Armenia-EU Agreement Is a Unique Development Plan: Foreign Minister
Foreign Minister of Armenia Zohrab Mnatsakanyan sent a message on the occasion of the Europe Day. According to the press service of the MFA Armenia, the message runs as follows:
"Distinguished Ambassador Świtalski,
I would like to congratulate all of us on the occasion of Europe Day and thank the Delegation of the European Union to Armenia for putting together this celebration concert.
Europe Day symbolizes peace and unity, which the modern Europe embodies the best. Indeed, lessons learned by Europe, which experienced two devastating world wars, can be a guiding way forward for the entire humanity. A stable, peaceful and developing society and a true citizen can be shaped only through respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms, tolerance, democracy and other common values.
Since ancient times, Armenia has been a part of European civilization and tried to make its modest, but visible contribution to the latter's development. Today, Armenia continues expanding its ties with the European Union and EU member states, strengthening its position in European structures, in particular in the Council of Europe, and contributing to the work of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe.
Significant developments have been taking place in our relations with the EU since last year's celebration of the Europe Day. Armenia-EU Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement (CEPA) was signed in November, 2017 and was ratified by Armenia in April of this year. It is not just a new legal instrument regulating relations between Armenia and EU, but an expression of partnership based on the common system of values. In February, we signed "the Armenia-EU Partnership Priorities" document, which along with the CEPA is the main guideline for further development of bilateral cooperation.
I can certainly say that the new agreement is a unique development plan with its clear goals and timetable, and its successful implementation will have a profound impact on almost all areas of public life.
Ladies and Gentlemen, the interest around Europe Day events held in Yerevan and in our regions is evident. I want this interest and the approaches to spread across the whole spectrum of Armenia-EU relations, our entire agenda and its successful implementation.
Armenia's new government, formed on the wave of the nationwide love and solidarity movement, is determined to continue close partnership with the European Union, remains committed to the established agenda, our commitment and vision to regional stability, peace and sustainable development.
Happy Europe Day!
Other materials on this subject
- EU Fully Supports Normalization Process of Armenia-Turkey Relations - Toivo Klaar "Normalization of relations and opening of communications is an important objective that the European Union fully supports", he said on Twitte
- The EU Wants To Be Engaged In South Caucasus The EU wants to be a very committed, active, and engaged partner for Armenia's stability, prosperity, and security. In this context, we had the opportunity to talk about Armenia-EU relations
- The 6th Meeting of the Armenia-EU Joint Visa Facilitation Committee Took Place The importance of the continuous mutual efforts aimed at promoting the mobility of citizens, fighting illegal migration and opening in due course the Visa Liberalization Dialogue has been underlined.
- Export From Armenia To The EU In 2019 Was 196.6 Million EUR Armenia has the highest percentage of the use of the preference among all the EU GSP+ beneficiaries in 2019, EU delegation in Armenia informs.
- Austria Completes Internal Procedures Necessary for Ratification of Armenia-EU CEPA Austria notified on July 22 the General Secretariat of the European Council and the Council of the EU about the completion of its internal procedures necessary for the ratification of the Armenia-EU Comprehensive...
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 2.57 km/h