A Meeting Between Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan was Held in Brussels
On July 11, a meeting between Foreign Minister of Armenia Zohrab Mnatsakanyan and Foreign Minister of Azerbaijan Elmar Mammadyarov was held in Brussels.
This was the first meeting between the Foreign Ministers of the two countries after the change of power and forming of a new government in Armenia as a result of democratic movement.
OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Igor Popov, Stefan Visconti, Andrew Schofer and Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairman-in-Office Andrzej Kasprzyk were present at the meeting.
Foreign Minister of Armenia thanked the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs for organizing the meeting and underscored the importance of the peace process under their aegis and the need of maintaining the negotiation dynamics. The meeting was of familiarizing nature and was aimed at getting to know each other's viewpoints.
Zohrab Mnatsakanyan underlined that the negotiation process has no alternative and in this context highlighted the importance of steps aimed at creating environment conducive to peace, building confidence, reducing tensions, as well as strict adherence to the ceasefire and the cessation of aggressive rhetoric.
He emphasized that realistic and constructive engagement of all sides of the conflict is of primary importance for the success of the efforts aimed at achieving a lasting peace. The interlocutors exchanged views on the issues related to Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement negotiation process.
The Co-Chairs presented their upcoming plans to the Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan. Further steps were touched upon.
- OSCE MG Co-Chairs Appealed To Continue Implementing Dushanbe Understandings On the occasion of the OSCE Ministerial Council Meeting in Milan, the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair countries (the Russian Federation, the United States of America, and France) and the Foreign Minister of...
- As a Humanitarian Gesture, the Authorities of Artsakh are Ready, within the Framework of the Law, to Consider the Possibility of the Early Release of Citizen of Azerbaijan, Elnur Huseynzade The authorities of the Republic of Artsakh have repeatedly stated that they did not and do not negotiate on the release or exchange of Dilham Askerov and Shahbaz Guliyev.
- OSCE Mission Monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border Passed in Accordance with the Agreed Schedule From the Artsakh side, the monitoring mission was accompanied by representatives of the Republic of Artsakh Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Defense.
- OSCE Mission to Conduct Monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border The authorities of the Republic of Artsakh have expressed their readiness to assist in conducting the monitoring and to ensure the security of the OSCE Mission members.
- Karabakh Conflict Settlement Not to be Postponed for Long: Konstantin Zatulin The Karabakh conflict settlement process cannot be postponed for long, Konstantin Zatulin, first deputy chairman of the committee of the State Duma for the CIS and European integration affairs said during...
Saudi Journalist Jamal Khashoggi Is Named "Person of the Year"
250,000 Syrian Refugees Could Return Home in 2019
Johannes Hahn Congratulates Pashinyan on Election Victory
Armen Sarkissian Will Take Part in the Inauguration of the Georgian President
Bako Sahakyan Visited New Church's Site In Stepanakert
Acting PM’s Spouse Anna Hakobyan to Depart for Switzerland on Working Visit
Australia to Recognize Jerusalem as Israeli Capital - Report
"Yellow Vest" Movement: Macron’s New Economic Measures will Cost up to 10 bln Euro
"Bohemian Rhapsody" Now Most-Streamed 20th Century Song
Secretary Pompeo: "China is the Greatest Threat US Faces"
Georgian President Congratulates Pashinyan over Impressive Victory of "My step" Block in Elections
The USA Congratulates Armenians on the Conduct of their Parliamentary Elections
EU Accepts Results of Early Parliamentary Elections in Armenia
Democratic Elections were Held in Armenia: PACE observer group
May God Keep and Hold Firm our Homeland: Catholicos Aram I Sends Letter to Armenian President
Sharmazanov: We Will Continue our Fight as an Extra Parliamentary Opposition
President Sarkissian Addresses Nation on General Election
Schiff Says Trump May Face "Real Prospect of Jail Time" after Leaving Office
Artur Arushanyan from Artsakh Became Four-Time European Champion
Armen Sargsyan: "My grandmother Fleeing from the Genocide Took the Most Precious Things – Her Son and the Bible"
President Discussed with the Leadership of THALES and OpenClassrooms Opportunities of Cooperation in Armenia
We are Unable to Change History, but History is Well Able to Change us to Make Our Future Better: Nikol Pashinyan
MFA of Artsakh: John Bolton’s Expectations For The Azerbaijan-Karabakh Conflict Settlement Are Not Realistic
President Views as Desirable UNESCO’s Participation to the Preservation of the Cultural and Historical Heritage of Gyumri
President of Artsakh Met co-Chairs of Coordinating Council of Armenian Organizations of France in Paris
Nikol Pashinyan Visited Meguerian Carpet Company and had Working Dinner with Harvard University Graduates (photos)
Armenia Ombudsman Prepares Special Report on Shooting towards Armenian Border Villages by Azerbaijani Side
Artsakh's President Visited the Phonethon Center Organized in Paris by the "Hayastan" All-Armenian Fund
Armenian President, Italian Global Leading Aerospace, Defense Company CEO Discuss Opportunities for Cooperation
Nikol Pashinyan Made a Donation to Hayastan All-Armenian Fund and Addressed the Nation in a Live Broadcast
Wind: 19.31 km/h