EU Countries Who Refuse To Host Refugees Could Pay More For Projects
EU countries who refuse to host refugees could instead pay more for EU migration and development projects in Africa, said the head of the European Parliament, Reuters reports.
"No relocation - (then) more money for Africa," European Parliament President Antonio Tajani told a news conference on Thursday as the bloc’s 28 national leaders discussed migration.
"This should be a good compromise. It’s better to have an agreement with a compromise than no agreement," he said.
The migration feud has divided southern and eastern EU states as well as rich destination countries such as Germany since 2015, when more than one million refugees and migrants from the Middle East and Africa reached the bloc’s borders. But the tone of the discussion has changed recently after years of one camp insisting that all EU states must take in some migrants and the other side rejecting that.
Mediterranean arrivals of migrants and refugees are below 100,000 people so far this year, according to United Nations data, a far cry from the 2015 influx that caught the bloc unprepared and overwhelmed security and other public services.
- Italy Tells Rescue Ships not to Help Refugees in Peril at Sea Officials said the vessels – carrying people from North Africa to Europe – were all in Libyan waters and, therefore, Libyan responsibility.
- EU Leaders Fail on Migration After the meeting, German Chancellor Angela Merkel told reporters that the bloc had a hard job ahead of it to reform asylum rules by a deadline of June next year.
- Is the Construction of Walls by Turkey Also Beneficial for the EU? It is noteworthy that the idea of building walls by Turkey was not criticized by the EU, which, based on its values, has always been in favor of open borders with neighbors, cross-border cooperation.
- Rome Asks to Stop Sending Immigrants to the City According to polls, about half of Italians do not want immigrants to come to their country.
- A Large Fire on Housing of 1,500 Migrants In Northern France As a result of the fire at least 10 people were injured. The fire tore through closely-packed huts at the Grande-Synthe camp, near the port of Dunkirk.
Putin, Macron Discuss Nagorno-Karabakh
Statement by Members of the UN Security Council Puts a Final End to the Speculations of the Azerbaijani Authorities: Artsakh MFA
Video Showing that Azerbaijan Handed Over the Air Command of Offensive Operations against Artsakh to the Turkish Air Forces
Armenians in Nagorno Karabakh Will Never Be Defeated: Kim Kardasian Posted President Sarkissian's Interview
Talking to Charles Michel, Nikol Pashinyan Stresses the Inadmissibility of Turkey’s Involvement in Hostilities
We Have Yet to See what Problems These Mercenaries Will Cause for the Azerbaijani People: Arayik Harutyunyan
Russia Has to Talk with Armenia and Turkey, not Azerbaijan: President of Artsakh
Russia's MFA Urges to Immediately Withdraw Foreign Mercenaries and Terrorists from the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Line of Contact
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Lose 29 Tanks and Equipment, Suffer 130 Casualties
Prime Minister Pashinyan Briefs Hassan Rouhani on Turkey's Involvement in Hostilities
Zohrab Mnatsakanyan and Sergey Lavrov Held a Phone Conversation
Takeover of an Azerbaijan position (video)
Azerbaijan Handed over the Air Command of Offensive Operations against the Artsakh to the Turkish Air Forces
New Destructions of the Adversary Strongholds and Military Equipment
Armen Sarkissian Informed the Emir of Qatar on the War Unleashed by Azerbaijan against Nagorno Karabakh
Georgia’s PM Offers NK Conflicting Parties to Meet in Tbilisi for Talks
Three Civilians Killed in Artsakh's Martakert as a Result of Azerbaijan's Attacks
The Defense Army has Noticeable Achievements in Several Directions
Armen Sarkissian Appealed to the Heads of Some Arab states on the Occasion of Azerbaijan’s Military Actions against Artsakh
Special Meeting of the OSCE Permanent Council to Discuss the Situation in the Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict Zone
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Ancient Armenian Fortress Surfaces from under Lake Van
Artsakh Women Participate in 1-Week Combat Preparedness Training at Initiative of Armenian PM’s Wife (PHOTOS)
Artsakh Republic President Approved the New Composition of the Security Council of the Country
ICRC Representatives Visited Armenian Captives In Azerbaijan
Azerbaijani Side Launches New Fortification Works on the Border, Armenian Side Suspends such Activities
Armenia, Artsakh ex-President Kocharyan: Nagorno-Karabakh Republic Has Never Been Part of Independent Azerbaijan
Armenia Records 47877 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Nikol Pashinyan On UN 75th Anniversary: "Rejection of the right to self-determination could only lead to oppression and further violence"
OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Invited the Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan to Meet Individually
Wind: 6 km/h