Situation Stable on Artsakh Frontline During Holidays, Top Official Says
The situation on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Line of Contact is generally stable during the New Year holidays, David Babayan, a senior Artsakh official, told Panorama.am.
He says however some minor ceasefire breaches are reported on these days.
"Naturally, those violations have never fully stopped, but are relatively fewer. In general, the situation is stable," the official said.
According to Babayan, who heads the Central Information Department of the Artsakh presidential office, the frontline situation is calmer against the same period last year.
He says the servicemen are in an alternative mood during the New Year celebrations. "They are, of course, in a festive mood, meantime maintaining strong vigilance. Naturally, vigilance should be high every day, every hour, every minute, but it doubles and triples during holidays," he said.
"As a matter of fact, the adversary always makes violations during festivities, national and religious holidays, even during international holidays, further boosting its terrorist policies," the official explained.
- Nikol Pashinyan Holds Informal Meeting with Ilham Aliyev During the meeting, the parties exchanged views on the current status and the prospects of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement negotiations.
- January of 1990 Divided the Lives of Baku Armenians into Before and After They betrayed not only their Armenian friends and neighbors, they also betrayed themselves.
- António Guterres Welcomes Paris Meeting of Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs The Secretary-General reiterates the full support of the United Nations for the important mediation efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group,” reads the statement.
- Preparing for Peace? Stepanakert Responded to OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Statement Statement by the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs on the results of the Armenian and Azerbaijani Foreign Ministers meeting held in Paris on January 16, although maintains the trends of previous statements......
- "Possible Summit Between Leaders of Armenia and Azerbaijan" under Consideration: Statement by the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group The Co-Chairs underlined the importance of possible mutually beneficial initiatives designed to fulfill the economic potential of the region.
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Informal Meeting with Ilham Aliyev
Aliyev: Azerbaijan's CSTO Membership Isn't Being Discussed Yet
Azerbaijani Embassy Carries Out 1-Dollar Propaganda Attempt in Switzerland
Nikol Pashinyan Discusses Cooperation Prospects with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, JICA and eBay Executives in Davos
Lapshin Has Applied to Armenian Defense Ministry Asking to Allow Him Visit the border Zone Shelled by Azerbaijan
''Armenia!'' Exhibition in New York Metropolitan Museum Registered a Record Number of Visitors
Pashinyan: Armenia Has Agreed with Gazprom on Gas Price
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
The Criminal Case Against Azerbaijani Blogger Was Terminated
Report: 73% of Germans Support the Construction of the Nord Stream - 2
Bako Sahakyan expresses Gratitude to Jean-Michel Ekherian for Implementing Healthcare Projects in Artsakh
Minister Nikol Pashinyan Will Travel to Moscow on January 25
Mevlut Chavushoghlu: With Karabakh Conflict Unresolved, Normalization of Ties with Armenia Impossible
Macron Vows to Continue Reforms Despite Protests
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Erdogan: Turkey won’t Let Syria Safe Zone be Turned into "Swamp"
Artsakh Republic Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Received the ARFD "Hai Dat" Delegation
"If You are Ready to Make Your Move, Come to Armenia, Get Rich and Enrich" – Nikol Pashinyan Meets with Swiss Businessmen in Zurich
Nikol Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message to Swedish PM
Nikol Pashinyan Meets Businessmen in Zurich to Discuss Investment Projects for Armenia
Congratulatory Address by Acting Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan on New Year and Christmas Holidays (VIDEO)
Erdogan Officially Declared 2019 as the Year of Armenian Portasar
His Holiness Karekin II Catholicos of All Armenians Sends a Message on the Occasion of the Feast of the Holy Nativity and Theophany of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Artsakh Republic President Addressed Congratulatory Message on the Occasion of New Year and Christmas Holidays
Pompeo: US Withdrawal from Syria doesn't Change Mission to Destroy ISIS and Stop Iran's Influence in the Mideast
President Armen Sarkissian Met with the Minister of State of the United Arab Emirates Sultan Al Jaber
Eve of Feast of the Holy Nativity and Theophany of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Candlelight (Lucernarium) Divine Liturgy
'For the Sake of Armenia': Saghatelyan, Bekaryan, Hakobyan and Farmanyan Have Established a Media Company
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Discussed Issues on the Activities of The HALO Trust in Humanitarian Demining
Father Ghevond Mayilyan: Christ Left the Heavens and Descended into the Earth for Us, Bringing Salvation and Life