Azerbaijan Rejects Call for Freeing Armenian Hostages, Continuing Manipulations over Humanitarian Issues - Artsakh Foreign Ministry
Tert.am contacted Artak Nersisyan, Head of Information and Public Relations Department at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Nagorno-Karabakh (Artsakh) for comments on Azerbaijan's expectations from Armenia on the release of two Azerbaijani citizens.
- How would you comment on the recent statement by the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry that Azerbaijan expects Armenia to release two other Azerbaijani citizens?
- First of all, it should be noted that Azerbaijan’s appeal to the Republic of Armenia is untenable. As to the issue of the Azerbaijani criminals convicted in Artsakh, official Baku must directly appeal to official Stepanakert, which last December, as a gesture of goodwill has expressed readiness to consider within the framework of the law the possibility of early release of Azerbaijani citizen Elnur Huseynzade, who did not commit any grave or particularly grave crime in Artsakh.
At the same time, Foreign Ministry of the Republic of Artsakh called on official Baku to take a reciprocal step and release the Armenian hostages held in Azerbaijan, first of all, those who obviously had health problems. Azerbaijan rejected the proposal, demonstrating an absolute disrespect for its citizens' fate and a full ignorance of its commitments under international humanitarian law. The Azerbaijani authorities' position on the issue leaves no doubt as to the real intentions of official Baku.
In strict observance of the legislation of the Republic of Artsakh, on February 2, 2019, Elnur Huseynzade, a citizen of Azerbaijan convicted in Artsakh for years in prison for illegally crossing the state border (Article 350 of the Criminal Code), was released.
Elnur Huseynzade appealed to the authorities of the Republic of Artsakh, asking them not to return him to Azerbaijan. The possibility of hading him over to a third country is now being considered.
As to Azerbaijan’s speculations over humanitarian affaris, it should be noted that issues regarding persons, who have committed grave crimes are on a different plane. Dilham Askerov and Shahbaz Guliyev, whom Azerbaijan refers to, are criminals who are found guilty of kidnapping and killing an underaged boy, based on the national hatred, as well as a range of other crimes committed in the territory of the Republic of Artsakh.
It is also worth recalling the ill-fated precedents in Azerbaijan of glorifying such criminals as heroes.
- Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs to Meet Soon He noted that there is an agreement between the foreign ministers of the two countries and the co-chairs to announce the meeting simultaneously.
- Maria Zakharova about Pashinyan's Statement "Artsakh is Armenia" Russian Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Maria Zakharova was asked to express Moscow's attitude as one of the co-chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group to the statement of the Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia...
- Armenia Committed to its Approaches, FM Comments on NK Talks Speaking of the dynamics of the peace process, Minister Mnatsakanyan said: “We haven’t taken any break since May of the last year and have been engaged in the process without any delay.”
- Armenia Soldier Wounded by Azerbaijan The Investigative Committee of Armenia has launched a criminal case into this incident, and on the grounds of attempted murder.
- Please Have a Bit Patience: Armenia’s FM on Next Meeting with Azerbaijani FM “I would ask you to be more patient as it is principle for me to state about the date of the meeting on the day and time agreed with the co-chairs and the other side,” Mnatsakanyan said.
Relatives of Four-Day Artsakh War Heroes to Be Baptized at Armenian Church in Shushi
Armen Sarkissian Send Condolence Telegram on Death of His Holiness Aram I's Mother
Houthi Group Attacked Saudi Arabia’s Oil Facilities
Trump Announced That bin Laden's Son Was Killed
Tunisia Holds Presidential Elections
Feast of Exaltation of the Holy Cross
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President of Artsakh Receives Delegation of the Yerevan State Medical University
Arms Sale by Some CSTO Members to Azerbaijan Discredits Organization: Armenian MFA
Vanadzor-Alaverdi-Bagratashen Highway is Closed for Truck Traffic
Eve of the Feast of Exaltation of the Holy Cross
Artsakh Republic President Met with a Group of Participants of ''The Past, Present and Future of the Armenian Statehood'' International Conference
World Championship: Greco-Roman Wrestlers Leave for Kazakhstan
President of Artsakh Convenes Working Consultation
Alex Chung to Join Kim Kardashian West on a Panel at WCIT 2019 in Yerevan
Armenia’s MFA Responds to Russia’s Statement about Granting Status of Observer to Azerbaijan in CSTO
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia's Defense Ministry Plans to Establish a New Agency
The Proposal for Organizing a Meeting Between Armenian and Azerbaijani Foreign Ministers Was Voiced by the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group
Trump Says Iranian Leadership ‘Wants to Meet’
Famous Russian Singer Lyubov Uspenskaya Performed an Armenian Song in Azerbaijan (VIDEO)
The Government Dismisses the Mayors, then Beats the Deputies Elected by the People: Garo Paylan
Models and Celebrities Love Kim Kardashian's Vogue Arabia Cover
Commemoration of Sts. John the Baptist and Job the Righteous
Mikael Minasyan: Serzh Sargsyan Will Be Arrested to Sidetrack Armenia Public From Real Issues for a While More (NEWS.am)
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Government Sets up Terms and Conditions for Affordable Long-Term Mortgage Lending for Contract Servicemen
Mine Exploitation Means 10-25 Blasts a Day, with Each Blast Raising 25 Tons of Dust: Ex-Governor of Vayots Dzor
Not Rejection But Eexpression of Ssovereignty: Armenia’s FM on PM’s Decision Not to Participate in Economic Forum in Poland
"Our Task is to Get the Best Possible Result for Each Dram Invested and Spent in Every Area" - PM Attends My Step for Kotayk Marz Investment Forum
Wind: 8 km/h