"We Have a Historic Opportunity to Upgrade Bilateral Relations" – Armenian Prime Minister to President of Georgia
Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan today met with Georgian President Salome Zurabishvili who has arrived in Armenia on a two-day official visit. Private talks were held between the Prime Minister of Armenia and the President of Georgia.
Greeting Georgian President Salome Zurabishvili, Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan said:
I am glad to welcome you and your delegation to Armenia. I think we have a historic opportunity to upgrade the relations between our countries. As the Prime Minister of Armenia, I paid my first official visit to Georgia, which testifies to the special attention of our government, my personal attention and awareness of the importance of Armenian-Georgian relations.
I noted that our relations should be based on common strategic interests, and I am glad that I was honored with an adequate response from the government of Georgia. Now the time has come to materialize our mutual understanding. Once again, you are welcome to Armenia.”
Georgian President Salome Zurabishvili noted:
“Thank you, Mr. Prime Minister.
I am glad to be in the neighboring friendly Armenia on an official visit. I am also convinced that a new stage will be ushered in our close relations, and we will be able to develop them ahead. We have a lot in common: geography, history, but besides history and geography, we are also united by a common vision of the future. I think that we will be able to tap our capabilities, especially those related to the European Union. Together, we can do a lot, and we have a lot of joint work. Thank you again.”
After their private talks, Nikol Pashinyan and Salome Zurabishvili continued the discussion in an extended format during a working lunch.
The Prime Minister of Armenia and the President of Georgia praised the current level of relations between the two friendly countries, stressing the need for the furtherance of cooperation. In a bid to deepen Armenian-Georgian relations in different directions, the parties looked at ways of expanding trade and economic ties. The process and prospects for building multifaceted ties were discussed during the meeting.
- Armenian and Georgian Citizens Can Cross the Border with ID Cards: Nikol Pashinyan The visit was held at a very high level, I want to thank Giorgi Gakharia [Prime Minister of Georgia], all our Georgian partners for the productive and impressive visit.
- Pashinyan Considers Armenian-Georgian Partnership One of the Key Guarantees for Regional Stability "I am more than convinced that all preconditions exist for that. Undoubtedly, the centuries-old friendship, that is based on common values and historical heritage, creates a firm base for our cooperation",...
- Parliament Speaker Says Georgia Moving forward, Opposition Interrupts with USSR Anthem Opposition members interrupt parliament speaker's speech with USSR anthem.
- Facebook Removes Hundreds of Georgia Govt Linked Pages “Today, we removed 39 Facebook accounts, 344 Pages, 13 Groups and 22 Instagram accounts as part of a domestic-focused network that originated in the country of Georgia,” Nathaniel Gleicher, Head of...
- Saakashvili Says it was Mistake to Leave Georgia What I regret most of all today is that I left Georgia in 2013. I just abandoned everything and left. I did it not because I was afraid of being jailed. You know that they threatened me of the same in...
Nikol Pashinyan Sent Condolence Message By Over Passing Of Levon Aronian’s Spouse
Artsakh MFA: the Statement of the MFA of Turkey Another Example of Ankara’s Biased Position
Armenia Will Be Supplied With 100 Ventilators, 60,000 Coronavirus Test Kits
Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway Open Only For Trucks
President Sarkisisan Sent a Letter to the President of PRC Xi Jinping
The statement of the MFA of Turkey is yet Another Expression of Turkey's Hostile Policy towards the Armenian People: Armenia
Armenian Grandmaster Levon Aronian’s wife Arianne Caoili Dies
Trump: Russia Sends Plane with Medical Equipment to US (TASS)
Artsakh Heads to Polling Stations to Eect New President and Parliament
Statement of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the military incident at the Armenian-Azerbaijani border
Lavrov, Pompeo Discuss Coronavirus Situation, Results of G20 Summit- TASS
Artsakh Central Electoral Commission Chairperson Receives Armenia MPs
3 Armenian Servicemen Wounded from Azerbaijan's Gunshots
Putin, Trump Discuss Oil Markets, Coronavirus by Phone: Reuters
Prince Charles Is out of Isolation after Contracting Coronavirus: CNN
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Government to Provide Support to Workers in a Number of Sectors, Pregnant Women and Job-Seekers: 3 New anti-Crisis Packages Adopted
New Dates For Tokyo Olympics Games Confirmed
Local Governments in China Issue Free Digital Coupons to Stimulate Consumption Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
Bloomberg: Bulgaria’s Euro Accession Dream Stumbles as Virus Spreads
Garo Paylan: Putin Made Erdogan Sit under the Statue of Catherine the Great who Symbolizes Russia's Victory over the Ottomans
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
This Is Our Armenian Pizza: Turks Have Lashed Out at Kim Kardashian for Describing Lahmacun as Armenian Pizza (VIDEO)
Aliyev Angered by Armenian Toponyms on Azerbaijani Museum Maps, Orders New Ones (VIDEO)
French Armenians Alarm About Links Between Paris Mayor Candidate and Azerbaijani Authorities
March 15: Tehlirian’s Bullet Toppled Talaat to the Ground
Daughter of Emir of Kuwait Told about Her Armenian Grandmother, who Survived the Armenian Genocide
Kim Kardashian Visits White House with Prisoners She Helped Free
Joaquín Caparrós Appointes as Armenian National Team Head Coach
Armenian Coat of Arms Printed on Famous American Rapper's Jacket
Wind: 9 km/h