"We Have a Historic Opportunity to Upgrade Bilateral Relations" – Armenian Prime Minister to President of Georgia
Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan today met with Georgian President Salome Zurabishvili who has arrived in Armenia on a two-day official visit. Private talks were held between the Prime Minister of Armenia and the President of Georgia.
Greeting Georgian President Salome Zurabishvili, Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan said:
I am glad to welcome you and your delegation to Armenia. I think we have a historic opportunity to upgrade the relations between our countries. As the Prime Minister of Armenia, I paid my first official visit to Georgia, which testifies to the special attention of our government, my personal attention and awareness of the importance of Armenian-Georgian relations.
I noted that our relations should be based on common strategic interests, and I am glad that I was honored with an adequate response from the government of Georgia. Now the time has come to materialize our mutual understanding. Once again, you are welcome to Armenia.”
Georgian President Salome Zurabishvili noted:
“Thank you, Mr. Prime Minister.
I am glad to be in the neighboring friendly Armenia on an official visit. I am also convinced that a new stage will be ushered in our close relations, and we will be able to develop them ahead. We have a lot in common: geography, history, but besides history and geography, we are also united by a common vision of the future. I think that we will be able to tap our capabilities, especially those related to the European Union. Together, we can do a lot, and we have a lot of joint work. Thank you again.”
After their private talks, Nikol Pashinyan and Salome Zurabishvili continued the discussion in an extended format during a working lunch.
The Prime Minister of Armenia and the President of Georgia praised the current level of relations between the two friendly countries, stressing the need for the furtherance of cooperation. In a bid to deepen Armenian-Georgian relations in different directions, the parties looked at ways of expanding trade and economic ties. The process and prospects for building multifaceted ties were discussed during the meeting.
- Georgia Lifts Ban on Entry of Small Trucks from Armenia According to the agreement, light trucks can cross the border of Armenia and Georgia through the Bagratashen - Sadakhlo checkpoints.
- MFA: Embassy in Georgia Sends 4th Group of Armenia Citizens to Homeland To note, due to the introduction of a strict quarantine in the Marneuli and Bolnisi regions of Georgia as a result of the novel coronavirus, the movement of people is still prohibited toward the Sadakhlo...
- Armenian and Georgian Citizens Can Cross the Border with ID Cards: Nikol Pashinyan The visit was held at a very high level, I want to thank Giorgi Gakharia [Prime Minister of Georgia], all our Georgian partners for the productive and impressive visit.
- Pashinyan Considers Armenian-Georgian Partnership One of the Key Guarantees for Regional Stability "I am more than convinced that all preconditions exist for that. Undoubtedly, the centuries-old friendship, that is based on common values and historical heritage, creates a firm base for our cooperation",...
- Parliament Speaker Says Georgia Moving forward, Opposition Interrupts with USSR Anthem Opposition members interrupt parliament speaker's speech with USSR anthem.
Cyprus Pledges to Cover Costs for Virus-Hit Tourists
Queen Allows Boris Johnson to Exercise in Buckingham Palace Grounds
Trump Threatens to Close down Social Media Platforms after Twitter Posts Warning under His Tweet
Restaurants, Shopping Malls, Public Transport Reopening in Georgia
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
California Governor Denies Sassounian Parole
Trump Wants Full Afghanistan Pullout
Thousands of Citizens May be Infected but do not Know About it: PM on Necessity to Wear Masks
Samvel Avanesyan Appointed Minister of Labor, Social Affairs and Housing of Artsakh
Armenia Records 7774 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Parliament Ratifies EEU Customs Privileges Extension
Roads are Mainly Open in the Republic of Armenia
The Statement by the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the ECHR Ruling on ''Makuchyan and Minasyan vs Azerbaijan and Hungary'' Case
Armenia's President Sent a Congratulatory Message to Salome Zurabishvili
Armenia’s PM: We Are Dealing with Second Wave of Coronavirus
PM Calls for Tougher Sanctions Against Those Who Neglect the Preventive Rules
Artsakh President Has Appointed a Number of Ministers
Lavrov: Armenia, Russia Have Very Close Military Cooperation
President of Artsakh Signed Several Decrees
President of Artsakh Convoked a Consultation on the Upcoming Harvest Activities
Ara Darzi, Outstanding Surgeon, the First Armenian in the House of Lords
Scarecrow Society: Kim Kardashian Responded to Turkish User's Comment on Armenian Genocide
Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand
The "Koltso" operation of deportation of Armenian villages of Artsakh
Armenian Values and Upbringing Always Helped Me: Paul Ignatius, Former US Navy Minister
Trump Nominates Patrick Hovakimian as National Intelligence General Counsel
Armenians Caused the Coronavirus to Plague Us: Garo Paylan Raised the Issue of Attack on Armenian Church in Turkey
David Tukhmanov, Armenian, Author of the Best Victory Day Song
How Can the Armenian Genocide Be Forgotten? Russian TV Journalist to Ukrainian Politician
Azerbaijan Informed neither Armenia, nor International Organizations about the Military Exercises: RA Defense Ministry Spokesperson
Wind: 4 km/h