It is Not Artsakh Issue, It is All-Armenian Issue: Artsakh Republic National Assembly MP Vardges Baghryan (EXCLUSIVE)
- Mr Baghryan, Pashinyan-Aliyev first official meeting took place on March 29. How do you assess the meeting results?
- Given that there is little information it is difficult to assess the results. But obviously any high ranking meeting is better than a war.
- There is a lot of stress on bringing Artsakh to the negotiation table. Do you think it is realistic in the near future?
- We emphasize Karabakh participation in the talks process on behalf of Artsakh authorities. We have been saying this for years and that format should be recovered to finally settle the issue. However, Azerbaijani authorities are against it. Particularly the recent statement of the OSCE Minks Group co-chairs seems to have inspired Azerbaijan with the latter having toughened their rhetoric. If these talks or meetings are going to be continued the Karabakh side must be engaged, not at the last stage to sign a paper, but in preparing that paper, as it is the destiny of Artsakh people at stake, and the issue can’t be settled without us.
- It has been 3 years today since the April war. How do you assess the possibility of resuming the war?
- The possibility of war is always there. Three years ago Azerbaijan unleashed a large-scale war. Some say it was not a war, others say it was a four-day war. It was, however, a war, and not a four-day one. There were military operations all through the month and unfortunately we had casualties. The danger of war is always there and we must always be ready for that. Indeed it has been relatively quiet at the border in the recent months, but it is not for granted. We must always be ready for any scenario.
Personally I don’t think that the Azerbaijani authorities are ready for any constructive dialogue with the Armenian sides. Even following the meeting with the Armenian authorities, they don’t say anything constructive whether for domestic use or it is their policy, they continue their claims that not only the liberated territories are theirs (by the way it is not accurate to consider those territories as liberated, they are enshrined by the constitution of Artsakh), but Artsakh is also theirs, and more than that, Yerevan is theirs. Thus, to my mind there is no Artsakh issue, there is an all-Armenian issue. And as once we unanimously liberated Artsakh, we must be ready to settle the issue.
- President of Artsakh Congratulates Major-General Arkady Ter-Tadevosyan on His 80th Jubilee On 22 May Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan sent a congratulatory address to Hero of Artsakh, major-general Arkady Ter-Tadevosyan on the occasion of his 80th jubilee.
- Armenian Journalist’s Answer to Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister What will happen next? You will remain at that corner if you are not willing to accept the real picture of the Karabakh conflict.
- France Should Contribute to Return of Artsakh to Negotiation table: Statement by France-Artsakh Friendship Circle Statement by the France-Artsakh Friendship Circle on the Occasion of the 25th Anniversary of the Agreement on the Full Cessation of Fire and Hostilities
- INSIGHT From Yerevan: 25 Years of the Ceasefire Agreement “Insight from Yerevan: Realpolitik” hosts first prime minister of newly independent Armenia Vazgen Manukyan, to discuss the achievements and failures of the 25 years of ceasefire, Artsakh conflict...
- Magnifier: Liberation of Shushi “Magnifier” deals with the role of the liberation of Shushi and the future of the victory reinforcement.
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Deadly Air Raids Kill Children in Afghanistan
Aubameyang Makes Europa League Promise to Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Armenia-China Visa Regime Being Lifted
Yerevan State University Rector Resigns
President Armen Sarkissian Made a Statement at the Opening of the Eurasian Media Forum: We Should be Ready for the World We Will Have 20 Years From Now
Amnesty International Condemns Henrikh Mkhitaryan's Europa League 'Ban' by Azerbaijan
Ankara Stopped Buying Iran Oil Out of "Respect" For US Sanctions
Ukrainian Anti-Corruption Prosecutor’s Office Opens Another Case Against Poroshenko
Chinese Market is Open for Armenian Goods: PM Pashinyan
California Senate Passes California-Armenia Trade Office Bill
Libya's Haftar Tells Macron No Ceasefire for now
OSCE Conducts Monitoring at Armenia-Azerbaijan Border
Arsenal, Chelsea Sending Back 6,000 Tickets to UEFA
European Elections 2019
Theresa May Prepares to Quit After Cabinet Mutiny
India Elections: Narendra Modi's BJP Set to Sweep Back to Power
Qatar 2022 World Cup to See 32 Teams Only: FIFA
US Ultimatum Unlikely to Change Turkey’s Position on S-400 Deal
8 Armenians in the Crashed Bus in Italy: MFA
It Is a Crime that Turkey Doesn't Want to Return Mount Ararat to Armenians: Zhirinovsky
Recognition Path of the Armenian Genocide Through 2018-2019
Nubar Pasha, Armenian, the First Prime Minister of Egypt
This Year Marks the 150th Birthday of Renowned Armenian Composer Komitas
INSIGHT From Yerevan: Turkey’s Genocide Policy
INSIGHT FROM YEREVAN: The Legal Aspects of the Armenian Genocide
Anna Kazanjian Longobardo, Armenian, Designer of the American Missile Navigation System
Erdogan Follows the Footsteps of His Criminal Ancestors
"During its EAEU Presidency, Armenia will Make Every Effort to Back the Positive Dynamics of Integration" - Eurasian Intergovernmental Council Meets in Yerevan
Rammstein Released a New Video
Wind: 8 km/h