MFA Statement on the Scheduled Meeting of Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan in Washington D.C.
"We announce that on June 20, 2019 the next meeting of the Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan is scheduled to take place in Washington D.C. under the auspices of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs. Following the meetings held in Paris in January and in Moscow in April, consideration was given to hold the next meeting of the Foreign Ministers in the third Co-Chair country - the United States. As it was before, this time as well the participants agreed to announce the meeting simultaneously. Armenia respects that agreement.
At the same time Azerbaijan’s continuous deplorable violations of ceasefire and provocative actions in recent days, which caused human irreversible losses and led to a serious escalation of the situation on the Line of Contact, have created unfavourable environment before the meeting.
The actions of Azerbaijan, which are marked by the use of force and threat of use of force, hinder the establishment of an environment conducive to peace and thus undermine the advancement of the peace process.
The current situation defines the priorities of the agenda of the upcoming meeting in Washington D.C.", - said in the statement of the ministry of foreign affairs of the Republic of Armenia.
- Turkey's Significant Role in the Crimes Committed by Azerbaijan Against the People of Artsakh is Well-Documented and Beyond any Doubt: Artsakh MFA All these actions by Turkey make it impossible to see it as a member of the OSCE Minsk Group.
- Nikol Pashinyan Holds Phone Conversation with Vladimir Putin The Russian President expressed serious concern over the ongoing hostilities and stressed the importance of observing the ceasefire and taking steps to de-escalate the situation.
- In the past three hours the enemy has lost 12 tanks: Shushan Stepanyan Intensive military operations continue along the entire length of the Artsakh front.
- Artsakh Defense Army Destroys 11 Azerbaijan’s UAVs, Armored Vehicle, 5 Tanks and Big Number of Manpower (video) The units of the Nagorno Karabakh Defense Army successfully neutralize the military offensive, causing significant losses to the manpower and equipment.
- Robert Kocharyan Leaves for Artsakh Former defense minister of Armenia Seyran Ohanyan departed for Karabakh too.
Turkey's Significant Role in the Crimes Committed by Azerbaijan Against the People of Artsakh is Well-Documented and Beyond any Doubt: Artsakh MFA
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Phone Conversation with Vladimir Putin
Azerbaijan Is Expanding Geography of Hostilities to Territory of Armenia with Active Support of Turkey: Pashinyan
Turkish F-16 Shoots Down Armenian Jet in Armenian Airspace
Erdogan and Turkey Have Been the Most Destabilizing Factor in This Entire Situation: Armenia's FM
Adversary Targets Vardenis, Mets Masrik Community and other Town in Armenia's Gegharkunik Region
In the past three hours the enemy has lost 12 tanks: Shushan Stepanyan
Tehran: Iran, Russia and Turkey Can Help Baku and Yerevan Find Peaceful Solution
Artak Beglaryan Met with the Head of ICRC Mission in Nagorno-Karabakh Bertrand Lamon
CSTO on Standby Awaiting Armenia’s Request Regarding Azeri Bombardment of Towns
Armenian-Americans Rally in Glendale in Protest of Azeri Attacks
Armenian, Russian Security Council Secretaries Discuss Situation in Nagorno Karabakh
Merkel Calls for Immediate Ceasefire in Azeri-Armenian Conflict
Artsakh Defense Army Destroys 11 Azerbaijan’s UAVs, Armored Vehicle, 5 Tanks and Big Number of Manpower (video)
Robert Kocharyan Leaves for Artsakh
MFA: Armenia And Artsakh Will Give Adequate Military-Political Response To Azerbaijan’s Consistent Attempts To Undermine Regional Security And Peace
Russia Actively Working not to Allow Destabilizing External Influence in Nagorno Karabakh Conflict Zone: Ambassador
Two Enemy Helicopters Destroyed By Igla MANPADS
Azerbaijan Shells Villages in Armenia’s Vardenis: Artrsun Hovhannisyan
Turkey Deploying Syrian Fighters to Help Ally Azerbaijan, two Fighters Say
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Ancient Armenian Fortress Surfaces from under Lake Van
Artsakh Women Participate in 1-Week Combat Preparedness Training at Initiative of Armenian PM’s Wife (PHOTOS)
Artsakh Republic President Approved the New Composition of the Security Council of the Country
ICRC Representatives Visited Armenian Captives In Azerbaijan
Azerbaijani Side Launches New Fortification Works on the Border, Armenian Side Suspends such Activities
Armenia, Artsakh ex-President Kocharyan: Nagorno-Karabakh Republic Has Never Been Part of Independent Azerbaijan
Armenia Records 47877 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Nikol Pashinyan On UN 75th Anniversary: "Rejection of the right to self-determination could only lead to oppression and further violence"
OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Invited the Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan to Meet Individually
Wind: 8 km/h