Millions of Barrels of Iranian Oil Are Piled Up in China’s Ports
Tankers are offloading millions of barrels of Iranian oil into storage tanks at Chinese ports, creating a hoard of crude sitting on the doorstep of the world’s biggest buyer.
Two and a half months after the White House banned the purchase of Iran’s oil, the nation’s crude is continuing to be sent to China where it’s being put into what’s known as “bonded storage,” say people familiar with operations at several Chinese ports. This oil doesn’t cross local customs or show up in the nation’s import data and is not necessarily in breach of sanctions. And while it remains out of circulation for now, its presence is looming over the market, Bloomberg reports.
The store of oil has the potential to push down global prices if Chinese refiners decide to draw on it, even as Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries and allies curb production amid slowing growth in major economies. It also allows Iran to keep pumping and move its oil nearer to potential buyers.
- MFA: 35 Armenia Citizens Applied to Tehran Embassy Due to Spread of Coronavirus in Iran She added that the embassy is in constant contact with the Armenian citizens, and is taking all necessary steps to promptly address the issues raised by Armenian citizens.
- Iran Coronavirus Death Toll Reaches 12 The fatalities have been recorded in the provinces of Qom, Markazi and Mazandaran.
- Iran Records 5th Coronavirus Death Iran’s Health Ministry announced that 8oo people have applied to hospitals and they are under the supervision of doctors. The number of coronavirus-infected people in Iran is 28.
- Ara Shahverdyan, Robert Beglaryan Elected Members of Iranian Parliament The parliamentary elections in Ira took place on February 21. The number of eligible voters in Iran is nearly 58,000,000.
- Armenian Embassy in Iran Urges Armenia Nationals to Stay in Touch The Armenian nationals can send a message to Armenian embassy's Facebook or contact the embassy via phones +98(21)66704833 // +98(21)66760509, +989121051639 or an e-mail [email protected]
Seventh Coronavirus Patient Dies in Italy as Authorities Urge Calm
Some Roads are Closed in the Area of the Republic
Erdogan Hopes to Meet with Putin on March 5 ‘in the Worst-Case Scenario’
Colombia Congressional Committee to Investigate President After ex-Senator's Allegations
Armenians Advised to Avoid Crowded Locations in Northern Italy and Contact Embassy
Artsakh President Attends Opening of Conference of Armenian National Committees and Offices
Armenian President Congratulates Kuwait’s Emir and Crown Prince on National Day
PM Receives Slovakian Foreign Minister
Three Ex-Premiers to Apply to Court for Changing Robert Kocharyan’s Preventive Measure Under Their Personal Guarantees
Armenia Constitutional Court President Has Filed a Lawsuit against Prime Minister
Car Drives Into German Carnival Parade
PM Introduced to Investment Support Center’s Activities
Armenian-Azerbaijani Top-Level Meetings on Karabakh 'Signal Positive Developments': Miroslav Lajčák
Ararat Mirzoyan Receives President of Parliament of Republic of Moldova Arrived in Armenia on an Official Visit
Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Estonia’s Prime Minister on Independence Day
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Departs For Geneva
Government Decides to Close Land Border and Communication with Iran, with Some Exceptions
Bako Sahakyan Chairs Working Consultation in Askeran Regional Center
Anti-Trust Regulator Calls on Businesses to Refrain from Increasing Medical Protective Mask Prices
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
‘That Day Solidified Our Unity’: Congratulatory Message of President Armen Sarkissian on the Occasion of Artsakh’s Revival Day
Wind: 19 km/h