U.S. Sets New Sanctions On Iran Construction Sector, Extends Waivers On Civil Nuclear
The United States has extended nuclear-cooperation waivers on Iran's civil nuclear program to "help preserve oversight" of the sector but at the same time imposed new sanctions on the country's construction industry because of its links to the hard-line Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), RFERL reports.
State Department spokeswoman Morgan Ortagus said in a statement on October 31 that retaining the waivers will also "reduce proliferation risks, constrain Iran’s ability to shorten its ‘breakout time’ to a nuclear weapon, and prevent the regime from reconstituting sites for proliferation-sensitive purposes."
The waivers were among of the final remaining elements of the 2015 Iran nuclear deal signed by Tehran and six world powers.
U.S. President Donald Trump in May 2018 pulled out of the nuclear deal and began reimposing sanctions that had been lifted in the deal in return for curbs on Iran's nuclear program.
The waivers were extended for another 90 days to allow European, Russian, and Chinese companies to continue to work with civilian nuclear facilities in Iran without facing U.S. penalties.
- Trump and Netanyahu Discuss ‘Threat from Iran’ The two last spoke on November 19, when Netanyahu thanked the president for Washington’s decision to repudiate a State Department legal opinion that said West Bank settlements were illegal.
- Six More Countries Join Trump-Busting Iran Barter Group The system has not yet enabled any transactions.
- Iranian Foreign Minister Held Talks With a Taliban Delegation Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif held talks in Tehran with a Taliban delegation led by Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, one of the group's founders, the official IRNA news agency reported on Wednesday.
- Iran Says Pro-Government Rally to Show who 'Real' Iranians are After days of state-sponsored marches in dozens of cities to condemn the unrest, Iran is holding a pro-government rally in the capital to be addressed by the commander of the elite Revolutionary Guards,...
- Terror Sponsors Must Stop Blaming Iran for Their Problems: Foreign Ministry "The very countries that spawn and promote terrorism and extremism and have interfered in the internal affairs of others by violating the principle of good neighborliness, and [those who] have weakened...
Loire: A Mayor Forbids His Citizens to Die on Weekends
Armenia's Defense Minister Visited Military Hospital
German KfW Bank, Armenian Cenbank sign €60,000,000 Loan Deals
Armenia Considers the Agreement With the EU as a True Blueprint for Reforms: Mogerini
Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia, United States Discuss Recent NK Talks
Karabakh MOD: Azerbaijan Armed Forces Fired About 1,000 Shots in Passing Week
Russian Foreign Minister to Meet with Pompeo in DC Next Week
Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass
Armenia PM Visits Epicenter Spitak Town (Video)
Trump Calls for World Bank to Stop Loaning to China
Armenia Deputy FM Receives Guatemalan Delegation
Gabriel Sargissian Wins European Rapid Chess Championship 2019
Armenia Remembers Victims of 1988 Earthquake
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan Attended Concert Dedicated to 91st Anniversary of Hovhannes Chekijian
Angela Merkel Visits Auschwitz for the First Time as Germany's Chancellor
Government Continues Discussing Public Agencies’ Budget Requests
We're Acquiring New Weapons: Armenia’s Deputy Defense Minister
Armenian Military Will Have Special Army Sports Club for Distinguished Athlete Conscripts
Mistake Has Occurred while Publishing the Translation of the Text: Armenia's MFA
"You and Erdogan Brought ISIS": Cher Comments on Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Komitas Statue to Be Unveiled in Front of Istanbul’s Armenian Patriarchate
Two Armenian Priests Shot Dead by Terrorists in Syria
Pope Francis Refers to Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Artsakh Republic President Participated in the Opening Ceremony of the Library-Reading Hall of the "Matenadaran-Gandzasar" Scientific-Cultural Center
Artsakh Republic President Held a Working Consultation with the Representatives of the Askeran Regional Administration and Community Heads
Impression is As if Authorities Want Quicker Settlement of Artsakh Issue to Live Freely: Vazgen Manukyan
Statement by MFA of Armenia Regarding the Statements by the President of Turkey on Armenian Genocide Made in the United States
Azerbaijan Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border around 140 Times in One Week
Colonel Arayik Grigoryan Appointed Frst Deputy Director of the Artsakh Republic National Security Service
Wind: 4 km/h