Meghri Border Checkpoint to Be Upgraded
It is envisaged to upgrade the Meghri border checkpoint through funding from the European Union and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and this border checkpoint is very important for effective transit through Armenia. This is what United Nations Development Program Resident Representative in Armenia Dmitry Mariyasin told journalists today, news.am reports.
He stated that it takes 5-6 hours to travel from the Meghri border checkpoint and that it is clear that it is necessary to make an investment for enhancement of the infrastructure in order to improve the procedure for cargo and customs declarations. "It will take less time for freight carriers transporting cargo from Iran to Armenia or from member states of the Eurasian Economic Union via Armenia since they won’t have to fill out a customs declaration the second time. There will be an electronic declaration system and a one-stop shop system that will reduce corruption risks," he stated.
According to Mariyasin, Armenia’s signed documents with Georgia and Iran on the use of information between the customs services will allow to make it faster for passengers and freight carriers to cross the border, and this is very important in the context of the reforms that Armenia is making in the sector of provision of state services, as well as in the context of integration into the Eurasian Economic Union.
- PM Pashinyan Chairs Consultation on Introduction of Universal Income Declaration System for Natural Persons The Minister of Finance Tigran Khachatryan presented the general description of the proposed system with a comparative analysis with the current declaration system.
- The End of Armenia's Investment Attractiveness It’s no secret that the investment attractiveness of our country has been problematic for many years both for subjective and objective reasons, including the "no war, no peace" situation in which we...
- Embargo on Imports of Turkish Goods: Policy Uncertainty The Armenian government still remains undecided about restrictions on imports of Turkish goods.
- Armenian State Commission for Economic Competition Protection and Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service Sign MoU The State Commission for the Protection of Economic Competition of Armenia and the Federal Antimonopoly Service of the Russian Federation signed a Memorandum of Mutual Understanding in the competition...
- Armenia Central Bank Keeps Refinancing Rate Unchanged The rate of funds attracted from banks by the CBA is 4%.
Some Roads are Closed and Difficult to Pass in Armenia
US Authorities Inform Kiev on Response to Russia’s Proposals, Says Department of State
NATO Will Send a Written Proposal to the Kremlin Later This Week
White House Says Biden Has No Intention, Desire to Send Troops to Ukraine
Remains of Another Fallen Soldier Found During Artsakh Search Operations
Erdogan Receives Chairman of the Union of Armenian Foundations
Croatia to Withdraw Its Forces from NATO in Event of Russia-Ukraine Conflict
Austrian Foreign Minister to Visit Armenia
Armenian Military Receives Modern Multi-Role Helicopters
Turkey Reportedly Plans to Launch Flights to Various Regions of Armenia
Eurovision 2022: Armenia Will Play in the First Semifinal
Lukashenko Says Doesn’t Want War but Calls for Being Prepared for any Scenario
Do Not Assume COVID Pandemic Reaching 'End Game', Warns WHO
Court Hearing in Kocharyan's Case Postponed
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Delimitation of Armenian-Azerbaijani Border Will Help Exclude Armed Clashes: Bordyuzha
PM Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message to the Newly Elected Prime Minister of North Macedonia
Armenia Records 353731 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Foreign Minister Ararat Mirzoyan Will Leave for Luxembourg
Serzh Sargsyan turned to mediators to restore point on holding a referendum: Pashinyan
The Prime Minister Awards the 10 Best Athletes of the Year
Turkey Announces One of Its Preconditions for Normalization of Relations with Armenia
Zakharova Speaks about First Meeting in Moscow of Armenia, Azerbaijan Elites after Karabakh War
Armenian Aviation Regulator Grants Permit to Flyone Armenia to Operate Yerevan-Istanbul Flights
The Process of Armenian-Turkish Normalisation Dangerous, Does Not Consider Armenia's Interests - Artur Vanetsyan
Artsakh Defense Army Denies Shooting at Employees of Azerbaijani Company
Whole World Will Benefit from Normalization of Armenian-Turkish Relations: Dmitry Polyanskiy
Artsakh Republic President Received Staff Members of Schools of Hadrout and Shoushi
3rd President Sargsyan Pays Tribute to Armenians who Sacrificed Their Lives for the Homeland (PHOTOS)
Armenia Records 344930 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases