U official: Nothing Geopolitical About Starting Visa Liberalization with Armenia
There is nothing geopolitical at all about EU's attitude towards visa liberalization dialogue with Armenia, Deputy Managing Director for Europe and Central Asia of the European External Action Service Luke Devine said.
"I do not think that there is anything geopolitical at all, it is in competence of the EU member states. It requires member states to agree. Some of them say there are problems, issues regarding Armenian citizens, for example those seeking asylum. This needs to be addressed," he said during a press conference dedicated to the second anniversary of signing of the CEPA.
He brought an example of Russia, which remains the largest beneficiary of the Schengen visas despite problems in EU-Russia relations.
"This is evidence that there is nothing geopolitical," he added.
- Croatia Finished ratification of the EU-Armenia Agreement Croatia has finished ratification of the EU-Armenia Agreement, the Spokesperson at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia Anna Naghdalyan announced.
- French Senate Ratifies the Armenia-EU Agreement The Senate has just adopted a law authorizing the ratification of the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement between the EU and Armenia.
- Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Participated in the Meeting of the Eastern Partnership Foreign Ministers Within the framework of the 26th OSCE Ministerial Conference in Bratislava, Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan participated in the meeting between the newly appointed EU High Representative for Foreign...
- Slovenia Ratifies Armenia-EU Deal EU-Armenia Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement (CEPA) was signed in Brussels on November 24, 2017.
- Croatia Ratifies EU-Armenia Agreement The document received a unanimous support by all the 115 legislators attending the session (4 in absentia), Anna Naghdalyan, the Foreign Ministry’s spokesperson, said on Facebook.
President Sarkissian Raises Issue of Armenian Genocide Recognition by Knesset in Israel
In Presidential First, Trump Will Attend Anti-Abortion March for Life
FIDE Bans Organizer of Turkish Tournament who Asked Armenian Delegate to Cancel Participation: Maria Gevorgyan
China Shuts Down Public Transport in City at Centre of Virus Outbreak
Armenian FM Holds Phone Conversation with Cypriot Counterpart
"Apparently, Under no Circumstances Artsakh can Become a Part of Azerbaijan" – Armenia MFA
PM Holds Consultation to Discuss Regional Development Issues
Some Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass
Macron to Participate in Annual Dinner of Coordinating Council of Armenian Organizations of France
Absence of Armenia-Turkey Relations Challenge for Armenia’s Security: Armenia’s FM
Pashinyan Ensures Law Enforcement will Reveal all Circumstances of the Death of Former NSS Director
Armenia Elected to Council of UNESCO International Bureau of Education and to Legal Committee of General Conference
Serviceman Dies after Falling Down Ravine
Erdogan Says Somalia Has Invited Turkey to Explore for Oil in its Seas: NTV
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Greece Elects First Woman President
5.3 Million Euro for Hazardous Waste Management: Mayor and EU Ambassador Signed Memorandum
Armenia’s Simon Martirosyan Nommed for IWF Lifter of the Year 2019 Award
Armenia a Favorite Destination for Expert-Led Tours
Gor Melikyan Appointed Armenian Deputy Minister of High-Tech Industry
Homemade Armenian Baklava: Kourtney Kardashian's Post Angers Turks
Armenia, Artsakh and the World Around: What the Stars Say
Among His Respective Achievements Alexis Ohanian Mentioned the Visit to Armenia
A. Gundjian, K. Sarkissian Named Members of Order of Canada by Governor-General Julie Payette
Nikol Pashinyan Addresses Congratulatory Message to Armenian People From Republican Square (PHOTOS)
The Hill: Armenian Church of Iran Included in Trump's List which He Threatened to Target
The Biggest Fashion Trends to Wear for Spring/Summer 2020
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan and Catholicos of All Armenians Vsit Army Unit Ahead of Holiday Season (PHOTOS)
Armenia's Constitutional Court Has Been Working under Unprecedented Pressure for the Last 6-7 Months: CC President
For the First Time Ever Istanbul's Mayor Issues a Condolence Note on the Day of the Assassination of Hrant Dink
Wind: 6 km/h