Facebook Removes Hundreds of Georgia Govt Linked Pages
Facebook, one of the most popular social media platforms, announced today about first ever Georgian takedown, that affected Georgian-government linked network on the platform, civil.ge reports.
“Today, we removed 39 Facebook accounts, 344 Pages, 13 Groups and 22 Instagram accounts as part of a domestic-focused network that originated in the country of Georgia,” Nathaniel Gleicher, Head of Security Policy of Facebook said on December 20.
“These Pages posed as news organizations and impersonated political parties, public figures, activist groups and media entities. The Page admins and account owners typically posted about domestic news and political issues such as elections, government policies, public officials, criticism of the opposition and local activist organizations,” Gleicher noted.
- Parliament Speaker Says Georgia Moving forward, Opposition Interrupts with USSR Anthem Opposition members interrupt parliament speaker's speech with USSR anthem.
- Saakashvili Says it was Mistake to Leave Georgia What I regret most of all today is that I left Georgia in 2013. I just abandoned everything and left. I did it not because I was afraid of being jailed. You know that they threatened me of the same in...
- Geogian FM: Direct Flights with Russia Should Be Resumed He stated that “none of Russian citizens” have faced any problems in Georgia since June 2019, during or after the protests in Tbilisi which were sparked by the address of Russian MP Sergey Gavrilov...
- Two Protesters Were Injured In Tbilisi Two protesters were injured while using a water cannon near the Georgian parliament in central Tbilisi, said one of the leaders of the protest movement Shota Dighmelashvil.
- Georgia Ministry of Internal Affairs Addresses Participants of Demonstration Police ensured conditions required for gathering and holding a demonstration throughout the November 17 demonstration and all night long.
The People of Karabakh Have the Right to Freely Determine Their Political Status without Limitations: Armenia's FM
Trump Offers to Mediate Between India And Pakistan
Mikhail Mishustin Appoints Trade Representative to Armenia
Armenian, Russian FMs Discussed Karabakh Conflict
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Croatia Reports The First Case Of Coronavirus Infection
Nikol Pashinyan Is Planning An Official Visit to Moldova
Iranian Deputy Health Minister Says He Has Contracted Coronavirus
Armenian, Russian FMs Hold Meeting in Geneva
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak Dies
Armenia Premier: We Started Brilliant Ecnomic Year
Karabakh Will Never Be Part of Azerbaijan: This Was the Supreme Goal of My Life and Will Follow Me Till the End - Serzh Sargsyan
Bako Sahakyan Receives ARF party Bureau Representative
We are Working on Possible Meeting of Russia, Turkey and Iran, Peskov Says
Death Toll Rises as Violence Continues for Third Day in Delhi
Israel-Gaza Ceasefire Takes Hold after Two-Day Flare-up
Seventh Coronavirus Patient Dies in Italy as Authorities Urge Calm
Some Roads are Closed in the Area of the Republic
Erdogan Hopes to Meet with Putin on March 5 ‘in the Worst-Case Scenario’
Colombia Congressional Committee to Investigate President After ex-Senator's Allegations
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
‘That Day Solidified Our Unity’: Congratulatory Message of President Armen Sarkissian on the Occasion of Artsakh’s Revival Day
Wind: 4 km/h