Heritage Foundation: Armenia Needs to Improve Judicial Effectiveness to Have Freer Economy
Armenia has the 34th freest economy in the 2020 Index of Economic Freedom published by the Heritage Foundation.
Armenia’s economic freedom score is 70, a 2.9 point increase due to a significant spike in the fiscal health score. Armenia is ranked 18th among 45 countries in the Europe region, and its overall score is just above the regional average and well above the world average, the report says, News.am reports.
According to the report, to attract greater investment and finally break out of its holding pattern to move higher into the mostly free category, Armenia will need to focus more intently on improving judicial effectiveness and government integrity.
As for Armenia's neighbors, Georgia is 12th, Azerbaijan is ranked 44, Turkey is 77th and Iran is 164th.
Singapore tops economic freedom index.
- Armenian Parliament Approves 2019 State Budget Performance Annual Report Earlier today head of the opposition Bright Armenia faction Edmon Marukyan informed that they would vote against the report.
- IMF to Provide $ 248.2 Million to Armenia to Fight COVID-19 Consequences As a result of talks with the IMF representatives, an agreement was reached on the use of the funds as direct budget support to finance socio-economic consequences.
- US State Department: Armenia met minimum requirements of fiscal transparency for 2020 Two other neighbors of Armenia, Russia and Iran, are not included in the report.
- Armenia’s Economic Growth in 2020 Will Be Negative Due to COVID-19, New CBA President Says According to our estimations, Armenia’s economic growth based on the results of 2020 will be negative, significantly lower from our previous prediction. The most affected sectors from the pandemic are...
- Armenian Public Services Regulatory Commission Will Soon Publish New Gas Tariffs "We hope that the desired result will be achieved for everyone. In any case, we hope that the result will not lead to a worsening of the situation for the main social groups," he added.
Armenia Records 26658 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Feast of the Holy Translators St. Sahak and St. Mesrop
Republican Party of Armenia Supreme Body Holds Session Chaired by Serzh Sargsyan
Ten Thousand COVID-19 Tests Reach Armenia
PM: Compliance with three Primary Safety Rules Should be a Matter of Daily Responsibility
In Near Future I'll Try to Give more Detailed Explanations on All Issues: Armenia's 2nd President
Arayik Harutyunyan Awarded Shoushi Technological University lecturer Artyusha Harutyunyan
Nikol Pashinyan Conveys Congratulations to Justin Trudeau
Arayik Harutyunyan Handed in High State Awards to a Group of Artsakh Republic Investigation Committee Employees
Trump Says He is Becoming 'More and More Angry at China' over Spreading Virus
Mississippi Governor Signs Bill Removing state Flag with Confederate Emblem
Three Deadly Blasts Rock Ethiopian Capital during Protests
Armenia Records 26065 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Artsakh Republic President Convened an Enlarged Consultation on the Assessment of the Situation in the Agricultural Sphere and Community Issues
Japan to Provide Armenia with 3.7 Million USD for Acquiring Medical Equipment
Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew Warns Converting Hagia Sophia into a Mosque, Could Turn Christians against Islam
Schiff Wants US to Impose Sanctions against Russia
Macron Accused Turkey of Massively Importing Jihadists into Libya
New Projects are Envisaged in Hadrout
Armenia's President Says He will not Sign Amendments to Law on Constitutional Court
''Nasty Armenian'': Turkish Singer Sued for Insulting Armenians in a Post Addressed to Kim Kardashian
Karen Bekaryan: Nikol Pashinyan Has Forgotten that His Mission Is to Represent and Advocate the Interests of His Country
Reddit Cofounder Alexis Ohanian Resigns from Board, Urges Seat Be Filled by Black Candidate
Greek Defence Minister: Turkey’s Behaviour is Aggressive But Our Powerful Armed Forces is a Deterrent
Turkey Drew Up Plans to Invade Greece and Armenia: Jerusalem Post
ANCA Calls for Robust US Funding for Artsakh
Government Approves 22nd Anti-Crisis Program: Unemployed Citizens to Receive Lump-Sum Assistance at the Rate of the Minimum Wage
Armenia’s Government Should Oppose Turkey Attempts to Take Over Armenian Properties in Jerusalem
Comment by the Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Anna Naghdalyan Regarding Bellicose Statements of Various Circles of Azerbaijani Authorities
Armenia PM: Constitutional Court President will be Dismissed, Powers of CC Members will Terminate in a Few Hours
Wind: 5 km/h