Heritage Foundation: Armenia Needs to Improve Judicial Effectiveness to Have Freer Economy
Armenia has the 34th freest economy in the 2020 Index of Economic Freedom published by the Heritage Foundation.
Armenia’s economic freedom score is 70, a 2.9 point increase due to a significant spike in the fiscal health score. Armenia is ranked 18th among 45 countries in the Europe region, and its overall score is just above the regional average and well above the world average, the report says, News.am reports.
According to the report, to attract greater investment and finally break out of its holding pattern to move higher into the mostly free category, Armenia will need to focus more intently on improving judicial effectiveness and government integrity.
As for Armenia's neighbors, Georgia is 12th, Azerbaijan is ranked 44, Turkey is 77th and Iran is 164th.
Singapore tops economic freedom index.
- Armenian Government Develops Multi-Billion Business Aid Packages An additional 80-billion-dram fund will be developed aimed at re-organization of the economy and its positioning in accordance to the parameters of the post-crisis period, PM Nikol Pashinyan said at the...
- Shopping Conditions, Hygiene Rules Get tighter in Armenia (VIDEO) It is also important that shopping conditions and hygiene rules have been tightened in Armenia several times.
- Armenia Cenbank Says Ready for Potential Coronavirus-Related Economic Impacts According to current assessments it is expected that these impacts, both on the global economy and the Armenian economy, will be short-term. Nevertheless the Central Bank is monitoring the developments...
- Armenian Economy Minister Receives Moody's Experts Deputy Minister Avag Avanesyan touched upon the economy and the steps aimed at increasing competitiveness and productivity of industry and talked about the need for enterprises to absorb innovative technologies.
- Armenia Premier: We Started Brilliant Ecnomic Year In January, inflation was only 0.2 percent, the salary increase - 5.9 percent. In short, we have started a brilliant economic year.
72.7% of Eligible Citizens of Artsakh Participate in National Elections
Trump, Erdogan Stress Importance of Adhering to Syrian and Libyan Ceasefires: TASS
US Looking at Other Activities that Can Contribute to Karabakh Resolution: US Ambassador
Minsk Group: the Co-Chairs Recognize the Role of the Population of Nagorno-Karabakh in Deciding Its Future
Armenia Security Council Secretary's Spokesperson Resigns
One More Coronavirus Patient Has Recovered in Armenia: Healthcare Minister
At 2pm 48.3% Of The Voters Casted Their Ballots In Artsakh Elections
Nikol Pashinyan, Alexander Lukashenko Discuss Interaction Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic
Armenia: The Commission for Coordination of Activities to Prevent the Spread of Coronavirus Holds Regular Meeting
US Extends Iran Nuclear Cooperation Sanctions Waivers
President Armen Sarkissian Discussed Via a Video Call the Situation Created by the New Coronavirus with the Ambassador of India to Armenia
Armenia Confirms 50 New Coronavirus Cases Bringing Total to 532
Nikol Pashinyan Sent Condolence Message By Over Passing Of Levon Aronian’s Spouse
Artsakh MFA: the Statement of the MFA of Turkey Another Example of Ankara’s Biased Position
Armenia Will Be Supplied With 100 Ventilators, 60,000 Coronavirus Test Kits
Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway Open Only For Trucks
President Sarkisisan Sent a Letter to the President of PRC Xi Jinping
The statement of the MFA of Turkey is yet Another Expression of Turkey's Hostile Policy towards the Armenian People: Armenia
Armenian Grandmaster Levon Aronian’s wife Arianne Caoili Dies
Trump: Russia Sends Plane with Medical Equipment to US (TASS)
Garo Paylan: Putin Made Erdogan Sit under the Statue of Catherine the Great who Symbolizes Russia's Victory over the Ottomans
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
This Is Our Armenian Pizza: Turks Have Lashed Out at Kim Kardashian for Describing Lahmacun as Armenian Pizza (VIDEO)
Aliyev Angered by Armenian Toponyms on Azerbaijani Museum Maps, Orders New Ones (VIDEO)
French Armenians Alarm About Links Between Paris Mayor Candidate and Azerbaijani Authorities
March 15: Tehlirian’s Bullet Toppled Talaat to the Ground
Daughter of Emir of Kuwait Told about Her Armenian Grandmother, who Survived the Armenian Genocide
Kim Kardashian Visits White House with Prisoners She Helped Free
Joaquín Caparrós Appointes as Armenian National Team Head Coach
Armenian Coat of Arms Printed on Famous American Rapper's Jacket
Wind: 5 km/h