French President Emmanuel Macron Offers his Support to Prime Minister Pashinyan
President of France Emmanuel Macron has sent a letter of support to Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan. The letter reads:
“Dear Mr. Prime Minister,
I was pleased to learn of your recovery from COVID-19, and I am happy that you and your family are in good health again.
Today both France and Armenia are facing major healthcare, social and economic challenges. The crisis cannot force us to back down. Instead, we should see it as a unique opportunity to make joint efforts against the pandemic and its consequences.
Strong with this spirit, I want to assure you that France will stand by you and is ready to assist Armenia. France will back you with both its contribution to EU’s unprecedented support package and through bilateral assistance channels. Over the next couple of days France will send a new team of volunteer doctors to relieve those who are helping their Armenian colleagues in fighting COVID-19.
This crisis is also a challenge for our economies. Mediating the French Development Agency, France is prepared to consider providing a state policy loan worth Euro 50-80 million, which will come to partially cover those additional budgetary needs that your country is facing this year. Aimed at strengthening Armenia’s capacity to withstand emergencies, the project shall be co-funded by other international lenders, such as the World Bank. The emphasis can be placed on healthcare and social protection needs, as well as on efforts to defy the impact of climate change.
Hoping that mutual support and friendship will help us overcome this trial, Mr. Prime Minister, please accept the assurances of my highest respect.”
- The 6th Meeting of the Armenia-EU Joint Visa Facilitation Committee Took Place The importance of the continuous mutual efforts aimed at promoting the mobility of citizens, fighting illegal migration and opening in due course the Visa Liberalization Dialogue has been underlined.
- Export From Armenia To The EU In 2019 Was 196.6 Million EUR Armenia has the highest percentage of the use of the preference among all the EU GSP+ beneficiaries in 2019, EU delegation in Armenia informs.
- Austria Completes Internal Procedures Necessary for Ratification of Armenia-EU CEPA Austria notified on July 22 the General Secretariat of the European Council and the Council of the EU about the completion of its internal procedures necessary for the ratification of the Armenia-EU Comprehensive...
- EU Summit: Leaders Meet for Fourth Day after all-Night Talks Yield no Agreement Eastern Europe leaders have opposed attaching rule of law conditions, while southern European countries are rejecting demands from the so-called frugal four, now five, countries - Netherlands, Austria,...
- Presidents of European Council and European Commission Address Joint Letter to Armenia’s PM President of the European Council Charles Michel and President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen addressed a joint letter to Prime Minister of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan.
Embassy of Armenia in Russia Condemns Act of Vandalism against Armenian Cemetery in Yaroslavl Region
Turkish Defense Ministry Uses Word ''Genocide'' then Deletes It
Armenia has returned all Azerbaijani POWs: Anna Naghdalyan
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Artsakh Sent Letters to the OCSE Minsk Group Co-Chairs and the PR of the OSCE CiO on the Threat to Water Security of Artsakh
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia Records 218681 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Canada Calls for Release of All Armenian Captives
France Calls for Release of all Armenian POWs
U.S. Considering 'Additional' Military Assistance To Ukraine, Blinken Tells
Some Road in Armenia is Difficult to Pass
OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Return, New Agenda Is Being Formed
Armenian Foreign Ministry Salutes Declaration of Latvia's Parliament Recognizing Armenian Genocide
Robert Kocharyan, ARF-D and Opposition "Reviving Armenia" Party to Hold Rally on May 9 in Yerevan
The Peace Process Needs to be Resumed in Order to Reach a Final Settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict: Nikol Pashinyan to Sergey Lavrov
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Lavrov Confident POW Issue Will Be Soon Solved
Artsakh to Develop New Concept Paper on Agriculture Development
Sergey Lavrov, Ara Aivazian Visit Victory Park in Yerevan
Reviving Armenia Party to Run in Snap Parliamentary Elections with ex-President Kocharyan-led Bloc
Lavrov Responds to Aliyev's 'Zangezur Corridor' Claims
Even if Biden Uses the Term "Genocide", it Wouldn't Be Right to Consider it as Final Recognition: Interview with Harut Sassounian (Exclusive)
Armenian-Australian Community Appeals to Prime Minister Scott Morrison to Recognize the Armenian Genocide
The Feelings and Emotions We Had During the 44-Day War in Artsakh: Interview with the Author of the Book "On This Side of the Window"
Armenia's Ombudsman Addresses CoE Committee of Ministers for Immediate Return of Armenian POWs in Azerbaijan
Can’t Rely on Their Mood: Lavrov Excoriates Washington’s 'Dead-End' Policy toward Russia
Silent Protest Demanding the Return of Armenian PoWs Canceled in Warsaw Due to Turkish-Azerbaijani Threats
OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Call on Parties to Resume Dialogue Under their Auspices at Earliest Opportunity
Artsakh Reports 8 Daily Coronavirus Cases
The Tragic Events in Maragha will Remain an Incurable Wound in the Memory of Our People: Armenia's MFA
Secretary of State Blinken Visits Afghanistan Day After US Announces Plans for Withdrawal
Wind: 8 km/h