The Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group Stressed that There is No Military Solution to the Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict
The Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group (Igor Popov of the Russian Federation, Stéphane Visconti of France, and Andrew Schofer of the United States of America) met separately and jointly via video conference on 29-30 June with Armenian Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan and Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov to discuss the public health situation in the region, current dynamics in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, and next steps in the peace process. Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office (PRCIO) Andrzej Kasprzyk also participated in these discussions.
The Co-Chairs emphasized the importance of promoting and maintaining an atmosphere conducive to peace and favorable to substantive negotiations. They assessed positively the relative stability on the ground and expressed satisfaction that the sides continue to use existing direct communication links to avoid escalation. Recalling their statement of 9 March, 2019, however, the Co‑Chairs noted with concern that recent provocative statements, inflammatory rhetoric, and possible steps intended to change the situation on the ground in tangible ways could undermine the settlement process.
The Co‑Chairs stressed that there is no military solution to the conflict. They urged the sides to take additional steps to strengthen the ceasefire and to prepare the populations for peace. The Co-Chairs also stressed the urgency of resuming monitoring exercises under the leadership of the PRCIO as soon as conditions allow.
The Co‑Chairs and Foreign Ministers agreed to hold another joint video conference in July and to meet in person as soon as possible.
- Artsakh Defense Army Successfully Repels Azerbaijani Attacks, The Enemy has Losses The divisions of the Artsakh Defense Army are successfully repelling the attacks launched by the Azerbaijani armed forces against Artsakh.
- Ten Servicemen Die as a Result of Military Actions Unleashed by Azerbaijan in Direction of Artsakh “We have 10 victims. I am speaking about servicemen. We have wounded among civilians, we have wounded among children,” Babayan said, stressing that information will be summed up and published at the...
- Statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh The actions of the Azerbaijani side constitute an act of aggression against the Republic of Artsakh, which, in accordance with the provisions of the UN Charter, exercises its inherent right to self-defense...
- Azerbaijan Losses 2 Helicopters, 14 UAVs and Armored Vehicles: Defense Army (photos) The front divisions of the Defense Army are successfully throwing back all the attacks of the adversary.
- Artsakh President Declares Martial Law and Mobilization for Groups above 18 Artsakh president Arayik Harutyunyan stated that an urgent session of the Artsakh NA has been convened during which he declared martial law and mobilization for the groups above 18.
Artsakh Defense Army Successfully Repels Azerbaijani Attacks, The Enemy has Losses
Ten Servicemen Die as a Result of Military Actions Unleashed by Azerbaijan in Direction of Artsakh
As of the Moment the CSTO Secretariat has not Received Any Appeals from Armenia: CSTO Spokesperson
Armenia’s Government Declares Marital Law, General Mobilization
Statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh
Azerbaijan Losses 2 Helicopters, 14 UAVs and Armored Vehicles: Defense Army (photos)
Artsakh President Declares Martial Law and Mobilization for Groups above 18
Catholicos Garegin II Cuts Short Italy Visit and Returns to Armenia Amid Azeri Attacks
This is Լife-and-Death Struggle, We Accept It with Nation and will Win it with Nation: Artsakh President
Azerbaijan Planned Military Actions Long before: MOD Spokesperson
Azerbaijan's Large-scale Attack on Artsakh Settlements Has Resulted in Civilian Casualties and Destructions. Human Rights Defender
Armenia’s Armed Forces Hit Azerbaijani UAV: MOD Spokesperson
Armenian Side Has Few Injured as Result of Azerbaijan’s Attack: Vahram Poghosyan
Armenia’s FM in Contact with OSCE Minsk Group co-Chairmanship
Armenia’s MFA: The Military Political Leadership of Azerbaijan Bears Full Responsibility for the Consequences of Their Aggression
Adversary Suffers Human and Technical Losses, in Particular 3 Tanks: MOD
Armenian PM Says Opponent Launched Offensive in Artsakh Direction
Armenia’s Defense Minister Briefs the Situation to Andrzej Kasprzyk
Serbian President Congratulates Armenian Counterpart on Independence Day
Arayik Harutyunyan Partook in a Solemn Ceremony to Mark the Day of Stepanakert
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Artsakh Women Participate in 1-Week Combat Preparedness Training at Initiative of Armenian PM’s Wife (PHOTOS)
Ancient Armenian Fortress Surfaces from under Lake Van
Artsakh Republic President Approved the New Composition of the Security Council of the Country
ICRC Representatives Visited Armenian Captives In Azerbaijan
Internal investigation Will Reveal All Circumstances of Disappearance of the Armenian Officer - Defense Minister
Azerbaijani Side Launches New Fortification Works on the Border, Armenian Side Suspends such Activities
Armenia, Artsakh ex-President Kocharyan: Nagorno-Karabakh Republic Has Never Been Part of Independent Azerbaijan
Armenia Records 47877 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Invited the Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan to Meet Individually
Wind: 8 km/h