Ilham Aliyev’s Statements Demonstrate the Degree of Confusion of the Azerbaijani Authorities: Artsakh MFA
The Information and Public Relations Department of the Foreign Ministry of the Republic of Artsakh issued a statement on Ilham Aliyev’s remarks during a video format at the 75th session of the UN General Assembly.
The statement reads:
''On 21 September, the President of Azerbaijan, speaking in video format at the 75th session of the UN General Assembly, once again reproduced the repeatedly refuted speculations of the Azerbaijani side regarding the Azerbaijan-Karabakh conflict. It is noteworthy that this speech at the UN General Assembly was preceded by a similar emotional interview of the Azerbaijani President on 19 September during an event at the “Absheron” gas field.
The statements made by the Azerbaijani President during the interview with regard to the Azerbaijan-Karabakh conflict settlement process, demonstrate the degree of confusion of the Azerbaijani authorities in conditions when the long-standing strategy of Baku, based on blackmail and threats, proved to be ineffective and completely exhausted.
The long-term practice of the Azerbaijani authorities in distorting the essence of the Azerbaijan-Karabakh conflict, hindering the restoration of full-format negotiations, biased interpretation of international law aimed at justifying territorial claims both against the Republic of Artsakh and the Republic of Armenia and ascribing to themselves an alleged right to unleash a new aggression has led the conflict settlement process into the situation where it is now, without bringing any additional political dividends to official Baku. The policy of isolating Armenia and Artsakh and hindering the economic growth of the two Armenian states declared by the President of Azerbaijan, as well as attempts to exploit the religious factor in the context of the Azerbaijan-Karabakh conflict turned out to be equally ineffective.
It is obvious that, having lost its main instrument, which was limited to striving to achieve unilateral concessions through threats and coercion, official Baku found itself outside its comfort zone and is trying to return to its usual environment, increasing the intensity of bellicose rhetoric directed not only against the Armenian parties, but also the settlement process as a whole.
If the authorities in Baku are really interested in achieving lasting peace in the region, they must abandon the policy of military blackmail and threats, recognize the fact that the people of Artsakh have realized their right to self-determination, and sit down at the negotiating table in order to find solutions to eliminate the consequences of the armed conflict unleashed by Azerbaijan itself''.
- Russian Peacekeepers Ensure Security of Vehicle Traffic via Lachin Corridor Troops of Russia’s peacekeeping contingent are ensuring security of vehicle traffic and movement of citizens via the Lachin corridor in Nagorno-Karabakh
- Berdzor Residents Receive Security Guarantees and Stop Evacuation “Without elaborating, I can say that agreements were changed, we’ve received security guarantees. Under my direct responsibility we stopped evacuation in these settlements and we will remain in place,”...
- Defense Army Publishes List of 34 Deceased Servicemen The Defense Army of Artsakh published list of 34 servicemen killed while defending homeland. By now Armenian side published names of 1,712 servicemen killed during the war.
- Artsakh's Charektar and Aknaberd Villages to Remain Under Armenian Party's Control “The residents of Charektar have mainly taken their items and burned their homes, and nobody knows if they will return or if a military base will be deployed in the village,” the village head told...
- Kremlin Does not Comment on Erdogan's Words on Expanding Ceasefire Efforts on Karabakh “The modalities of joint work along the lines of the joint monitoring center" were also at the focus, Peskov added.
Lynne Tracy Stresses US Commitment to Efforts to Pursue Lasting, Sustainable Solution to Karabakh Conflict
Artsakh President Sees Opportunity for Formation of Authorities of National Consent
Berdzor Mayor Presents Details Amid Vague Situation
Russian Peacekeepers Ensure Security of Vehicle Traffic via Lachin Corridor
Russian peacekeepers defuse nearly 1,000 explosives in Karabakh
Armenia Records 135967 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Roads are Mainly Open in the Republic of Armenia
Syunik Governor Hunan Poghosyan Resigns
Artsakh President: Over 600 Bodies Retrieved from Conflict Zone
Ameriabank Successfully Placed Its First Ever Green Bond
Prime Minister Holds Meeting with Judiciary
President Sarkissian Sends a Letter to Putin
Oil Prices Fall as OPEC+ Members Debate 2021 Output Policy
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Coronavirus Pandemic Unlikely to End Soon, WHO Official Says
Lt. General Jalal Harutyunyan Recovers Normally, to Be Discharged from Hospital Soon
France Wins 18th Junior Eurovision Song Contest
More Than 55,000 Residents of Artsakh Already Back Home – Government Says
Armenia Records 135124 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Kim Kardashian on New Initiative for Children of Artsakh
Cher Appeals to US Government to Help Armenia, Artsakh (VIDEO)
Kim Kardashian Speaks on Artsakh Peace Deal: This is Goodbye, for Now
Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Held Phone Conversations with the Representatives of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair Countries
Territorial Concessions and the Announced Terms Have Not Been Discussed with the Authorities of Artsakh: Vahram Poghosyan
A New Era Starts in the Caucasus: Georgian President
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Sent a Letter to the UNESCO Director-General Audrey Azoulay
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
First Aurora Humanitarian Aid Projects for Artsakh Announced
Ara Ayvazyan Appointed Minister of Foreign Affairs of Armenia
Wind: 4 km/h