New Evidence On The Use Of Chemical Weapons In Artsakh By The Azerbaijani Armed Forces
Armenia’s Human Rights Defender Arman Tatoyan visited the National Burn Center today together with a staff doctor, where they acquired new evidence of use of mass destruction weapons containing chemical elements (possibly white phosphorus) by Azerbaijan against Artsakh.
“We carried out the examination with the help of special devices. The recorded facts come to substantiate this assumption,” the Ombudsman said.
According to the doctors, the injuries and swellings of the servicemen (especially in the upper extremities) persist for a long time, the wounds caused by the burns are deep in some places, with gray edges, occasionally bleeding, difficult to treat.
Low levels of calcium and hemoglobin in the blood (hypocalcemia), enlargement of the liver and spleen (hepatosplenomegaly) are observed.
According to doctors, the substances emitted from the used weapons enter the body through the respiratory tract, causing damage to internal organs, which can lead to long-term deterioration of health and even death.
Doctors say the burns of various degrees most of the people received from the first days of the war were different from the cases they had encountered in their practice before.
During the visit Arman Tatoyan held discussions with the medical staff, the injured servicemen and their families, Armradio reports.
The above-mentioned and all other facts have received the necessary legal recording in the Office of the Human Rights Defender, additional professional studies will be carried out and necessary steps will be taken depending on the results.
Մարդու իրավունքների պաշտպանն Այրվածքաբանության ազգային կենտրոնում ձեռք է բերել նոր ապացույցներ ադրբեջանական զինված...Опубликовано ՀՀ Մարդու իրավունքների պաշտպան - Human Rights Defender of Armenia Суббота, 5 декабря 2020 г.
- The Main Messages of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs' Statement Despite some really important observations, there are a number of problematic points in the statement...
- OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Call on Parties to Resume Dialogue Under their Auspices at Earliest Opportunity The Co-Chairs note with satisfaction the consolidation of the ceasefire, and are closely monitoring the implementation of the agreement reached by the parties on 9 November 2020.
- Russian, Azerbaijani Military in Close Dialogue over Debris of Iskander Missiles — Kremlin The issue of Baku’s claims that some debris of Iskander-M missiles have been found in Nagorno-Karabakh is being closely discussed by the Russian and Azerbaijani military, Russian presidential spokesman.
- The MFA of Armenia Reacted To The Opening Of The "Park" Dedicated To Artsakh War On one hand, the Azerbaijani leadership is making observations about possible revanchisme on the part of Armenia, and on the other hand, with such exhibition, attempts to perpetuate the revanchisme, inhumanity...
- Grigory Karasin Highlights OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs’ Role in NK Conflict Settlement In an interview to the Kommersant, Mr. Karasin stated that the cessation of bloodshed in Nagorno Karabakh and the signing of the trilateral statement on November 9, 2020 were possible thanks to the responsible...
Lebanese Delegation Arrives in Yerevan to Attend Armenian Genocide Commemoration Event
Two More Armenian Soldiers’ Bodies Retrieved In Hadrut
Over 20 Russian Black Sea Fleet Warships Hold Joint Drills with Aircraft in Crimea
Armin Laschet Backed by Merkel Party in Chancellor Race
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Captives in Azerbaijan Given Opportunity to Contact with Family Members
Armenia’s Security Council Secretary to Visit Tajikistan and Russia
Former Vice President Walter Mondale Dies at 93
Armenia President Sarkissian, Ombudsman Tatoyan Discuss Post-War Situation in Davit Bek During Visit to Village
Iran Says it Always Welcomes Dialogue With Saudi Arabia
Covid-19 Breathalysers Could Be Used on Large Scale in Singapore Soon
Caucasus Heritage Watch Warns of Possible Danger of Armenian Church in Artsakh
Vaccinations against Coronavirus Start in Artsakh
World on the Verge of Climate "Abyss", as Temperature Rise Continues: UN Chief
Armenian President and Ombudsman Visit St. Gregory the Illuminator Church in Syunik Province
Armenia Records 209485 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
US-Russia Sanction War: Reasons and Goals
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
The Situation On Armenia-Azerbaijan Border Remains Stable
ARFD Plans to Participate in Snap Parliamentary Elections
David Dickinson - British Television Presenter with Armenian Roots
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenian-Australian Community Appeals to Prime Minister Scott Morrison to Recognize the Armenian Genocide
US State Department Confirms Turkish Participation in Nagorno-Karabakh War, Highlights Azerbaijani War Crimes
Armenia's Ombudsman Addresses CoE Committee of Ministers for Immediate Return of Armenian POWs in Azerbaijan
Can’t Rely on Their Mood: Lavrov Excoriates Washington’s 'Dead-End' Policy toward Russia
Slovakia’s National Council Adopts Resolution on Nagorno Karabakh
The Feelings and Emotions We Had During the 44-Day War in Artsakh: Interview with the Author of the Book "On This Side of the Window"
Nagorno-Karabakh: The Мystery of the Мissing Church (BBC)
Residents of the Border Village of Aravus Were Urged to Leave Their Homes under the Threat of Azerbaijani Drone Strikes: Armenia's Ombudsman
Wind: 6 km/h