Minister of Foreign Affairs of Artsakh Sent Letters to the UN SG and Specialized Bodies
On May 5, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh David Babayan sent letters to the UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres and specialized bodies within United Nations regarding Azerbaijan’s policy of forced evictions in relation to the Armenian population of the town of Shoushi.
The letters in particular state, that the forced evictions carried out by Azerbaijan in Shoushi violate, directly and indirectly, the full spectrum of civil, cultural, economic, political and social rights of the Armenian population enshrined in numerous international instruments.
It is stressed that the policy of forceful reshaping of historical, cultural and architectural landscape in the occupied territories of Artsakh is blatant form of discrimination and xenophobia.
The letters underscore that the international community should stand against Azerbaijan’s unabated crimes against humanity committed against the people of Artsakh. Any activity by Azerbaijan in the occupied territories of the Republic of Artsakh, undertaken against the norms and principles of international law and in order to consolidate consequences of unlawful use of force against the self-determination of the people of Artsakh, should not be tolerated and should be condemned outright by the international community of states.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh invites to undertake appropriate measures to activate the United Nation’s international legal toolkit in a directed effort to gain unimpeded access of international specialized agencies to Artsakh to address these devastating and ongoing violations.
- Artsakh Ombudsman: The People Of Artsakh Have Never Lived And Can Never Live In Peace With Azerbaijan All attempts to show or stage the opposite are pointless, futile steps, the conviction of the people of Artsakh in this matter is inviolable and undeniable.
- Artsakh Defense Army: Our Units did not Open fire on Azerbaijan Positions at Shushi Outskirts The statement adds that the Artsakh Defense Army's vanguard units, adhering to the agreements reached, continue adhering to the ceasefire, and do not resort to actions destabilizing the situation.
- US Welcomes Release of 15 Armenian Captives by Azerbaijan, Calls for Return of All Detainees These actions follow Azerbaijan’s June 12 release of Armenian detainees and Armenia’s decision to provide Azerbaijan information to facilitate humanitarian demining.
- 3 More Bodies Found in Thursday’s Search for Artsakh War Casualties The remains were retrieved from the areas of the Martuni region occupied by Azerbaijani forces during the war, the State Service of Emergency Situations of Artsakh’s Interior Ministry reported.
- Two Armenian Villagers Were Released By Azerbaijan On June 12, two residents of Tegh village of Syunik Province (in the section of the border with Azerbaijan) were disoriented and found themselves in the territory of Azerbaijan while carrying out agricultural...
President Sarkissian and Ombudsman Arman Tatoyan Discuss Border Situation
Hakob Arshakyan Elected RA NA Vice President
Martakert Will Have at Least 500 New Apartments in Near Future
Armenia Records 230993 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Situation Relatively Calm on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border
The Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Islamic Republic of Iran to the Republic of Armenia Visited Gegharkunik Region
French President Expresses Support to Armenia, Sends 200,000 Doses of COVID-19 Vaccine
Azerbaijani Servicemen Stole 8 Cows and 1 Bull Belonging to 3 Families of Syunik Province's Villages
A Large HPP Will Be Built in Martakert Region
Tokyo 2020: Armenia’s Simon Martirosyan Wins Silver in Weightlifting
Zelensky Will Have to Answer for Crimes against Ukraine: Crimean Governor
Appeal of Armenian Refugees from Azerbaijan, Nagorno Karabakh to International Community and PACE
Crimea Will Never Become Part of Russia: Zelensky
Tokyo 2020: Wrestler Artur Aleksanyan Takes Silver
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Central Bank of Armenia Raised Refinancing Rate by 0.5 Percentage Point
Armenia Records 230713 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Vladimir Putin Congratulates Nikol Pashinyan on Being Appointed Prime Minister of Armenia
Armenian Gymnast Artur Davtyan Wins Bronze at Tokyo Olympics
Armenia's Ruling Civil Contract Faction Elects Alen Simonyan Parliamentary Speaker
Nikol Pashinyan Receives Deputy Chief of RF Armed Forces General Staff Sergey Istrakov
Assistance in Future Solution to Nagorno-Karabakh Issue in South Caucasus Is Required: Lukashevich
Armenia Funeral Commission Set Up in Connection with Djivan Gasparyan's Passing
ECtHR Issues Badalyan v. Azerbaijan Case Decision, Confirms Torture and Illegal Imprisonment
Comment of the Foreign Ministry on the Statement of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
European Parliament Rapporteurs Condemn Azerbaijan’s Provocative Actions
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
US Congresswoman Urges Azerbaijan to Immediately Withdraw from Armenian Territories and Stop Violence
US Left Afghan Airfield at Night, didn’t Tell New Commander
Statement of the MFA of the Republic of Armenia