Artsakh Ombudsman: The People Of Artsakh Have Never Lived And Can Never Live In Peace With Azerbaijan
The people of Artsakh have never lived and can never live in peace with Azerbaijan, this is a reality documented by the bitterness of years, many episodes of criminal events. Artsakh Ombudsman Gegham Stepanyan wrote on his page on Facebook.
"The statements of the President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliev and the rhetoric used by the Azerbaijani authorities are a clear indication that any prospect of "peaceful coexistence" is fraught with irreversible consequences, and endangers the fundamental rights and freedoms of the people of Artsakh, first of all, the security, life, and dignity. The people of Artsakh have never lived and can never live in peace with Azerbaijan, this is a reality documented by the bitterness of years, many episodes of criminal events.
All attempts to show or stage the opposite are pointless, futile steps, the conviction of the people of Artsakh in this matter is inviolable and undeniable. The realities must be assessed truthfully and justly by all the external forces, all the international structures, which are the defenders and advocates of the right to life of a peaceful human being. The international community must finally realize that there can simply be no peaceful coexistence with a people who for years have been nourished by an indescribable "poison" of Armenophobia, who a few months ago committed the most heinous war crimes, targeting almost all the civilian settlements and population of Artsakh, tortured and inhumanely treated the Armenian prisoners of war and the bodies of the killed servicemen.
The Azerbaijani-Karabakh conflict is not solved, in the situation created after the trilateral statement on November 9, the rights of the people of Artsakh are violated every day, and yet Aliev insists that the conflict is solved and threatens with a new war. The main reason for the existence of this phenomenon is that the aggressive war unleashed by Azerbaijan against the civilian population of Artsakh in the fall of 2020 has not yet received a clear legal assessment.
If Aliev has not understood for 30 years that the conflict cannot be considered resolved at the expense of the rights of the Armenians of Artsakh, then that solution must be imposed on him.
The international community must finally understand that its passive posture directly calls into question the whole ideology of universality priority of human rights protection, and gives way to human rights and freedoms to dictatorship and aggression,". says the statement
- Ambassador: US Doesn't See Karabakh Status as having been Resolved Lynne Tracy underlined that the Karabakh status remains on the agenda of the OSCE Minsk Group.
- Only Comprehensive Resolution Can Normalize Armenia-Azerbaijan Relations - US Embassy's Response to Baku As a Minsk Group Co-Chair, we remain committed to engaging towards a lasting political settlement to the NK conflict and urge Armenia and Azerbaijan to return as soon as possible to substantive discussions...
- Aliyev Administration Says "some debates" Ongoing Over Legal Mechanisms for Russian Peacekeepers in Karabakh “As far as the additional agreements and additional legal mechanisms regarding the peacekeepers’ mandate, the sides have had initial contacts over this issue and some debates are still ongoing,”...
- Nikol Pashinyan Holds Phone Talk with Vladimir Putin An agreement was reached to continue further contacts at different levels.
- Conflict Hasn’t Been Resolved Because Status of Nagorno Karabakh Remains to be Decided – US Ambassador The US Ambassador noted that the solution of these issues is very important because civilians appear in the middle of the conflict and are being affected in terms of their safety and security in their...
Aurora to Honor the Spirit of Humanity in Venice
Secretary General of La Francophonie Sends Congratulatory Message to Prime Minister of Armenia on Independence Day
Tehran To Host Iran-Azerbaijan-Turkey Foreign Ministerial Meeting
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Armenia Ararat Mirzoyan Met with Minister of Foreign Affairs Jean-Yves Le Drian
Armenia Records 255648 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
US House Passes Amendment Demanding Immediate Release of Armenian POWs
Russia Considers Minsk Group an Important Tool for NK Conflict Settlement
President of Iran Sends Congratulatory Message to Prime Minister of Armenia on Independence Day
Kremlin Regrets Erdogan's Remarks on Crimea Amid Preparations for His Visit to Russia
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Ukrainian Presidential Aide Survives Assassination Attempt
Secretary Blinken, Turkey’s Cavusoglu Discuss Nagorno Karabakh
Armenia Records 254709 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Putin Appoints Armenia's Mikayel Aghasandyan Russia's Permanent and Plenipotentiary Representative to CSTO
Russia Regrets Turkey’s Refusal to Recognize Duma Election Results in Crimea - Kremlin
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Largest Flag of Armenia Raised in Yeraskh village of Ararat Province
Vladimir Putin Sends Congratulatory Message to Nikol Pashinyan
We Look Forward to Continuing to Support the Armenian People on their Democratic Journey - Joseph Biden Congratulates Nikol Pashinyan
Arayik Harutyunyan Visited the First President of the Republic of Armenia Levon Ter-Petrosyan
Sir Khachik Paul Chater, Father of Hong Kong
Trump Says He’d Beat Biden in a Boxing Match
Lebanese-Armenian George Bojkian Appointed Minister in the New Lebanese Government
Arayik Harutyunyan Convened an Enlarged Working Consultation
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Construction of Nord Stream 2 Completed: Gazprom
Zelensky's Speculations about Risk of Russia-Ukraine War Apocalyptic: Kremlin Spokesman
Commander of Artsakh Defense Army Mikayel Arzumanyan Relieved of Duties
Armenia Records 248397 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
US Envoy to Armenia Says they do not Consider Karabakh Conflict to be Resolved