Agreements on Nagorno-Karabakh Help Establish Stability, Russia's Lavrov Says
The agreements ending military activities in the Nagorno-Karabakh region, which were reached by the leaders of Russia, Armenia and Azerbaijan last year, helped establish stability in the conflict zone, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said at a press conference on Tuesday, TASS reported.
"The main thing that was achieved in nearly a year since November 9, 2020, is that stability was established and has been maintained, the presence of Russia's peacekeeping forces helps prevent violent acts, which is what we see now. The minor incidents that occurred at first were promptly resolved. I would like to reiterate that the situation is stable there though there are a lot of issues," Lavrov noted, Panorama reports.
According to him, a mine clearance operation has yet to be completed in Nagorno-Karabakh, as well as an operation to return detained persons. "The main goal currently is to build a calm, peaceful and stable life, encourage the Armenian and Azerbaijani communities to reach the mutual trust that the region lacked for decades and make sure that issues related to the return of refugees and other everyday issues are resolved," the Russian top diplomat emphasized.
- President of the Artsakh Republic Met with the Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia On November 3 President of the Artsakh Republic Arayik Harutyunyan met with Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan.
- War is Impossible – Artsakh’s Foreign Minister He clarified that Azerbaijan’s acts are directed against both Russia and Armenians.
- UN Secretary General Reiterates Full Support to the Efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs He urges all concerned to focus their attention on advancing peace and cooperation at all levels for the benefit of the people in the region.
- Ambassador: US Doesn't See Karabakh Status as having been Resolved Lynne Tracy underlined that the Karabakh status remains on the agenda of the OSCE Minsk Group.
- Only Comprehensive Resolution Can Normalize Armenia-Azerbaijan Relations - US Embassy's Response to Baku As a Minsk Group Co-Chair, we remain committed to engaging towards a lasting political settlement to the NK conflict and urge Armenia and Azerbaijan to return as soon as possible to substantive discussions...
Proposals for Large-Scale Investment Programs in the Field of Urban Development Discussed at Government
Armenian FM, US Secretary of State Make a Detailed Reference to the Nagorno Karabakh Conflict
The Ministerial Working Meeting of the CSTO Member States Took Place
Arayik Harutyunyan received responsible officials of a number of NGOs
Main Christmas Tree to Be Put Up in Yerevan
Iran Gives JCPOA Parties Proposals on Sanctions Removal, Nuclear Commitments
Robert Kocharyan Chairs Meeting of Opposition Armenia Faction
The Government Plans to Introduce an Online System for Obtaining Building Permits
Blinken Calls on Baku and Yerevan to Resolve Humanitarian Issues
Azerbaijani Side Fired in the Direction of Karmir Shuka: Artsakh Ombudsman
5-Day Weather Forecastin Armenia
EU to Provide Support to Armenia to Improve Aviation Safety Performance
EU Launches €300bn Fund to Challenge China’s Influence
Trilateral Deputy Prime Ministerial Task Force Meeting to Resume in 'Coming Days'
Armenia Records 339578 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Meeting of Foreign Minister of Armenia Ararat Mirzoyan with the Speaker of Swedish Riksdag Andreas Norlén
Lavrov Speaks about Russia's Role in Finding Solutions to Issues of Dispute Between Armenia and Azerbaijan
Some Roads Are Cosed in Armenia
Ahmet Davutoglu Asks Erdogan Not to Talk about the Exchange Rate of the Lira
Bayramov and Mirzoyan to Meet in Stockholm on December 2
Armenian Scientists Become Eligible for the EU's Largest Funding Program
Artsakh National Security Service Releases Statement on Incident Near Shushi Checkpoint
Man Detained near Shushi to Be Handed over to Artsakh Law Enforcement Agencies: Ombudsman
Ararat Mirzoyan, Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne Discussed Peaceful Settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict
West at Risk of Conflict with Russia, Britain's Army Chief Says
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Under the Guise of Unblocking the Roads, the Azerbaijani Authorities are Pursuing a Targeted Policy of Isolating the Civilian Residential Communities of Armenia: Tatoyan
Giacomo Luigi Ciamician, Armenian Chemist, the Pioneer of Solar Energy Idea
Azerbaijan Forces Open Fire in the Direction of Armenian Positions in Verin Shorzha
Another Act of Vandalism Committed by Azerbaijanis (video)