Alen Simonyan Receives Delegation of Iranian Majlis
On December 20, the President of the National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia Alen Simonyan received the delegation led by the Head of the Iran- Armenia Parliamentary Friendship Group of the Majlis of the Islamic Republic of Iran Seyed Mahdi Farshadan.
Welcoming the guests, the RA NA President expressed conviction that the visit of the Friendship Group would be of practical significance for the Armenian-Iranian close relations for the benefit of the further strengthening of the inter-parliamentary cooperation.
The sides have recorded the political active dialogue between the two countries, which is a firm basis and guarantee for the development of the inter-state relations in numerous spheres. The development of the inter-parliamentary cooperation has been highlighted, observing it as a key platform of expansion for the framework of the friendly countries’ united viewpoints. In this context the effective activity of the Parliamentary Friendship Groups was underlined.
At the meeting a talk was held over the necessity of lasting peace and stability in the region. Alen Simonyan has touched upon the deconstructive behaviour of the Azerbaijani side, noting that it has a negative influence not only on Armenia, but also on other countries of the region.
At the end of the meeting the Head of the Iran- Armenia Parliamentary Friendship Group Seyed Mahdi Farshadan conveyed to the RA NA President the invitation of the President of the Iranian Majlis Mohammad Baqer Qalibaf for the official visit to Iran.
Other materials on this subject
- Zohouri: Armenia's security is Iran's security "I hope that this cooperation as two ancient and centuries-old countries will further develop. Work is being carried out in different directions, related to the road, economic cooperation, etc., which...
- Armenian, Iranian ministers discuss construction of Kajaran tunnel I have also touched upon the ongoing large-scale road construction works in Armenia, which will soon allow to increase the volumes of cargo transportation coming from Iran.
- Secretary of Supreme National Security Council of Iran arrives in Armenia Armen Grigoryan welcomed his Iranian counterpart at Yerevan’s Zvartnots International Airport.
- Iranian Ambassador to Armenia Visits Ararat Province Welcoming the Iranian Ambassador, the Governor of Ararat said that he attaches importance to the development and deepening of bilateral relations.
- Iranian Envoy Says New Gas Swap Agreement Likely with Armenia Soon He said that one of the important topics discussed during the 17th Armenian-Iranian Inter-Governmental Session were the energy agreements, including gas swap.
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 1.54 km/h