China Bars Four from U.S. Panel on Religious Freedom in Response to Sanctions
China has barred entry to four people from a U.S. commission on religious freedom, the foreign ministry said on Tuesday, following U.S. sanctions this month against Chinese people and entities over accusations of human rights abuses in Xinjiang, Reuters reports.
The four people, from the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF), would be banned from mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau, ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said.
The USCIRF did not immediately respond to an emailed request for comment.
- U.S. Imposes Sanctions on 27 Gazprombank Executives, Russian TV Stations "This is not a full block. We're not freezing the assets of Gazprombank or prohibiting any transactions with Gazprombank," a senior Biden administration official told reporters. "What we're signaling is...
- Germany Faces Steep Recession if Russian Oil and Gas Halted, Bank Lobby Says "The situation would be even worse if imports or supplies of Russian oil and natural gas were to be halted. A significant recession in Germany would then be virtually unavoidable," Sewing told journalists.
- G7 Rejects Putin's Demand for Rouble Payment for Russian Gas - Germany "All G7 ministers have agreed that this is a unilateral and clear breach of existing contracts," Habeck, who is German economy and climate protection minister, told reporters after a virtual conference...
- EU Leaders Agree on Joint Gas Purchases Last year, the European Commission proposed to the EU countries a system of joint purchases of strategic gas reserves as a way to provide a buffer against possible supply disruptions. Fears of supply disruptions...
- Oil Falls on Talks to End Ukraine War and Ahead of Fed Meeting Both contracts have surged since Russia's Feb. 24 invasion of Ukraine and are up roughly 40% for the year to date.
A Large Aluminum Extrusion Plant to Be Established in Armenia
May 28: the Day of Armenian First Republic
NATO’s ‘Line of Defense’ May Be Moved to South China Sea: Lavrov
Four US Biolabs Operate in Nigeria, Where Monkeypox Came From: Russian Defense Ministry
Ukraine Should Demine Its Ports As Soon As Possible: Putin to Nehammer
President of Artsakh Receives Delegation Led by Mayor of Paris Anne Hidalgo
Blinken Was Spreading False Information about China - Foreign Ministry
Space Camp 2022 Registration Begins
'Shushi: Amen': History that will Never be Forgotten
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
Armenian Deputy PM describes first border commission meeting with Azerbaijan as ''constructive''
Nikol Pashinyan Receives French Ambassador to Armenia Anne Louyot
West Has Declared Total War On Russian World: Lavrov
PM Pashinyan Receives Russian Ambassador to Armenia
Iranian Envoy Says New Gas Swap Agreement Likely with Armenia Soon
Finance Minister Holds Meeting with Asian Development Bank Armenia Country Director
Opening Iranian Consulate in Kapan, Syunik Expected to Boost Cooperation, Trade – Says Ambassador
Alen Simonyan Receives Delegation Led by President of Montenegro Milo Đukanović
Paris Mayor Arrives in Armenia on Official Visit
The Prime Minister Sends Congratulatory Message to the President of Uruguay
Artsakh Can Never Be a Part of Azerbaijan, State Minister Reiterates
Lazar Serebryakov, Russian Admiral of Armenian Descent, One of the Founders of Novorossiysk
Arayik Harutyunyan Received Members of the Artsakh Football Federation
Artsakh Republic President Arayik Harutyunyan Chaired a Security Council Sitting
Turkey Not Positive Concerning Sweden’s, Finland’s Possible Joining NATO: Erdogan
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Finland Sees No Direct Military Threats from Russia: Permanent Representative to NATO
Armwrestling: Artsakh Athlete, Who Lost Both Legs in 2020 War, Beats Turkish Rival to Win European Gold
The Prime Minister Received the Minister of Sport of the Russian Federation Oleg Matytsin
Wind: 1.54 km/h