China Bars Four from U.S. Panel on Religious Freedom in Response to Sanctions
China has barred entry to four people from a U.S. commission on religious freedom, the foreign ministry said on Tuesday, following U.S. sanctions this month against Chinese people and entities over accusations of human rights abuses in Xinjiang, Reuters reports.
The four people, from the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF), would be banned from mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau, ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said.
The USCIRF did not immediately respond to an emailed request for comment.
- European Central Bank to Raise Interest Rates for 1st Time in 11 Years The move highlights concerns about the 8.1% annual consumer price growth in May, the highest since the statistics began in 1997. The bank's target is 2%.
- U.S. Imposes Sanctions on 27 Gazprombank Executives, Russian TV Stations "This is not a full block. We're not freezing the assets of Gazprombank or prohibiting any transactions with Gazprombank," a senior Biden administration official told reporters. "What we're signaling is...
- Germany Faces Steep Recession if Russian Oil and Gas Halted, Bank Lobby Says "The situation would be even worse if imports or supplies of Russian oil and natural gas were to be halted. A significant recession in Germany would then be virtually unavoidable," Sewing told journalists.
- G7 Rejects Putin's Demand for Rouble Payment for Russian Gas - Germany "All G7 ministers have agreed that this is a unilateral and clear breach of existing contracts," Habeck, who is German economy and climate protection minister, told reporters after a virtual conference...
- EU Leaders Agree on Joint Gas Purchases Last year, the European Commission proposed to the EU countries a system of joint purchases of strategic gas reserves as a way to provide a buffer against possible supply disruptions. Fears of supply disruptions...
Prime Minister Pashinyan Discussed with Samvel Karapetyan the Course of Investment Projects of "Tashir" Group of Companies
Fourth Meeting of the Special Representatives of Armenia and Turkey
The Prime Minister Received the Federal Minister of Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany
PM Pashinyan Chairs Security Coucil Meeting
Calling NATO Exclusively Defensive Alliance is Ridiculous, Disgraceful: Lavrov
Finnish FM Speaks On Timing of Country's Entry Into NATO
Gagik Jhangiryan Resigns as Member of Supreme Judicial Council
The Prime Minister Congratulated the Employees of the Prosecutor’s Office
Poland completes Belarus border wall to keep migrants out
Erdogan Allows Sudden Start Of Military Operations In Syria
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
EU Toivo Klaar Welcomes Armenian and Azerbaijani Efforts Towards 'Peaceful Future'
German Federal Minister for Economic Cooperation Visits Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan
2 Armenia Opposition MPs are Recalled from their National Assembly Leadership Positions
President Khachaturyan Nominates Hovakim Hovakimyan for Judge of Constitutional Court
The Residents of Aghavno will be Displaced to Hin Shen and Mets Shen: Artsakh Ombudsman
The Ministries of Foreign Affairs of Armenia and Serbia hold political consultations
Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message To The Prime Minister of Canada
On July 1 at 11:00, by NA President’s Decision Extraordinary Session of National Assembly to Be Convened
Russia Ready to Meet Fertilizer Demand of Friendly States: Putin
Alexander Leonovich Kemurdzhian, Designer of the First Planet Rover
Andranik Iosifyan from Artsakh: Father of Electromechanics, "Chief Electrician" of Missile Technology
The People of Artsakh Have the Same Rights as Everyone: Ararat Mirzoyan
Artsakh's NSS Urges Against Spread of Dubious News
Artsakh’s NSS Reveals Case of High Treason
Michel Matthew Ter-Pogossian, the ''Father'' of Positron Emission Tomography
It Is Necessary to Work Closely to Launch Crisis Prevention Mechanisms: Pashinyan to CSTO Foreign Ministers
China Rejects Wuhan Lab Leak Theory, Calls for Investigating US Facilities
Armenia is Not Only Russia’s Partner, it is a Strategic Ally, Putin Tells Khachaturyan
The Resident of Berdzor, Lost on the Azerbaijani Side, was Returned Through the Mediation of Peacekeepers
Wind: 5.66 km/h