Armenian Weightlifter Garnik Cholakyan Crowned World Champion
20-year-old Armenian weightlifter Garnik Cholakyan made six from six to win gold at the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) Junior World Championships that began in Heraklion, Crete, on May 2, Panorama.am reports.
A European youth and junior champion, Cholakyan lifted a total of 240kg (108-132) in the men's 55kg category to become world champion.
Jose Manuel Poox of Mexico was second on 234kg and the bronze went to Mustafa Erdogan of Turkey on 228kg.
- SADA CUP: Armenia Beat Iran 77:73 Armenia will face Syria in the final match on Sunday, June 26.
- SADA Cup։ Winning Start of Armenian Team Armenia's next opponent will be Iran.
- Armenian National Team is 92nd in FIFA World Rankings The Brazilian national team is on top of the world rankings.
- FIFA President Gianni Infantinօ Sent a Letter of Gratitude to FFA President Armen Melikbekyan First of all, please allow me to reiterate my heartfelt congratulations on this historic milestone and pay tribute to all those who keep our sport alive and ensure its prosperity in Armenia, and to all...
- Two Armenian Gymnasts Crowned All-Round Champions of the World Cup Series For the first time in the history of athletic gymnastics of the Republic of Armenia, Arthur Davtyan (vault) and Vahagn Davtyan (rings) have become all-round champions of the World Cup series, the Armenian...
G7 Nations to Announce Import Ban on Russian Gold: Biden
Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Closed for All Types of Vehicles
Foreign Minister of Armenia Ararat Mirzoyan Will Leave for Athens
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Eve of the Fast of St. Gregory the Illuminator
SADA CUP: Armenia Beat Iran 77:73
Armenian-Italian Аrcheological Expedition Has Started Exploration near Dvin
Medvedev Warns about Consequences for Moldova for Supporting EU’s Anti-Russian Sanctions
Russia to Supply Iskander-M Rocket Systems to Belarus in Coming Months: Putin
Ex-President Sargsyan Turns Down Offer to Be Hayastan All Armenian Fund Board of Trustees Member
Iran Ready to Resume Talks on Nuclear Deal in Several Days: Foreign Minister
The Prime Minister Received the Representatives of the Central Board of Armenian Democratic Liberal Party-Ramgavar
Turkey Denies FlyOne Armenia Overflight Permit for Lebanon Flights
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
One Artsakh Army Soldier Killed, Four Wounded in Car Crash
The Prime Minister Participates in the Sitting of the Board of Trustees of the Hayastan All-Armenian Fund
Armenian, Russian Defense Ministers to Meet in August
Armenia PM to Soon Respond to Media Questions
UN Doing Its Best to Reintegrate Food from Russia, Ukraine into Global Market
Major Accident in Syunik: Serviceman Dies, Four People Hospitalized
May 28: the Day of Armenian First Republic
Alexander Leonovich Kemurdzhian, Designer of the First Planet Rover
Andranik Iosifyan from Artsakh: Father of Electromechanics, "Chief Electrician" of Missile Technology
The People of Artsakh Have the Same Rights as Everyone: Ararat Mirzoyan
Artsakh's NSS Urges Against Spread of Dubious News
Artsakh’s NSS Reveals Case of High Treason
Armenia is Not Only Russia’s Partner, it is a Strategic Ally, Putin Tells Khachaturyan
It Is Necessary to Work Closely to Launch Crisis Prevention Mechanisms: Pashinyan to CSTO Foreign Ministers
China Rejects Wuhan Lab Leak Theory, Calls for Investigating US Facilities
The Resident of Berdzor, Lost on the Azerbaijani Side, was Returned Through the Mediation of Peacekeepers
Wind: 0.51 km/h