U.S. Imposes Sanctions on 27 Gazprombank Executives, Russian TV Stations
The U.S. on Sunday imposed sanctions on three Russian television channels, banned Americans from providing accounting and consulting services to Russians, and imposed sanctions on Gazprombank executives, Reuters reports.
"This is not a full block. We're not freezing the assets of Gazprombank or prohibiting any transactions with Gazprombank," a senior Biden administration official told reporters. "What we're signaling is that Gazprombank is not a safe haven, and so we're sanctioning some of their top business executives ... to create a chilling effect."
Americans will be banned from providing accounting services, trust and corporation formation services, as well as management consulting services to Russians, although the provision of legal services is still allowed.
It is noted that U.S. President Joe Biden held a video conference with his G7 colleagues from his home in Delaware, where he is spending the weekend.
The White House said the leaders will discuss recent developments in the war, its global impact, and support for Ukraine and its future.
In addition, the U.S. imposed some 2,600 visa restrictions on Russian and Belarusian officials "in response to their ongoing efforts to undermine Ukraine's sovereignty, territorial integrity or political independence.”
- Russia, Iran are negotiating creation of common steblecoin on gold The Iranian government intends to secure this token with gold, that is, it will be a kind of steblecoin. The token is expected to work in a special economic zone in Astrakhan, which will receive cargo...
- G7 coalition has agreed to set fixed price for Russian oil The initial price itself has not been set, but should be in coming weeks, multiple sources said. Coalition partners agreed to regularly review the fixed price and revise it as needed, the source said,...
- Details of 8th package of EU sanctions against Russia became known Thus, Brussels will establish a legal basis for determining the price ceiling for Russian oil for its transportation by sea from December and oil products - from February 2023.
- White House Accuses Opec+ of Aligning with Russia The Opec+ group said it would reduce production targets by 2mn barrels a day, equivalent to 2 per cent of global supply, following its first in-person meeting in two years in Vienna. The actual cut in...
- UNCTAD Warns of Policy-Induced Global Recession According to the report, rapid interest rate increases and fiscal tightening in advanced economies combined with the cascading crises resulting from the COVID pandemic and the war in Ukraine have already...
Turkey and Azerbaijan plan to conduct more than 10 joint military exercises in 2023
NATO blames Russia for failing to comply with new START Treaty
European Commission points to Kiev's deficits as part of EU acceptance process
Despite the geopolitical tension, mutual trade in EAEU continues to show positive dynamics: Pashinyan
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenian parliament opposition holds hearings on Azerbaijan's Artsakh blockade
Artsakh Foreign Minister Sends Letters to Ambassadors of a Number of Countries in Armenia
Lilit Makunts briefed the US Middle East Institute president on peace agenda of Armenia
Congressman Pallone joins demonstrators at Capitol opposing Azerbaijan’s blockade of Lachin corridor
Development of digital economy has been and remains one of the most important priorities for Armenia: Pashinyan at Digital Almaty 2023
Commemoration of the Prophet Jonah
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Preventing a second Armenian Genocide: Ruben Vardanyan participated in the Columbia University online discussion
Turkish, Russian, Syrian delegations to meet soon: Turkish defense minister
Our top priority is to preserve Russia: Putin
Nikol Pashinyan and Mikhail Mishustin meet in Almaty
EU intends to impose new anti-Russian sanctions by special op anniversary
Deputy Prime Minister Tigran Khachatryan received the representatives of the Konrad Adenauer Foundation
Turkish Defense Minister also demands 'Zangezur corridor'
Nikol Pashinyan participates in the narrow-format session of the Eurasian Intergovernmental Council
"Michelangelo in the Ballet": Armenian Agrippina Vaganova, the Founder of the Theory of Russian Ballet
The comment of the Press Secretary of the MFA of Armenia on the psychological terror and violation of rights of Armenian children by Azerbaijan
Europe faces unprecedented crisis due to Ukraine conflict, Macron says
Azeri 'eco-activists' couldn't reach Lachin corridor without authorities' permission: Tatoyan Foundation
Pentagon commits another $2.5 billion in aid to Ukraine
Ruben Vardanyan offers condolences to families of soldiers killed in barracks fire
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
We highly appreciate the appeal of the European Parliament to the international community: Artsakh Foreign Ministry
Armenian Caucus leaders urge Biden Administration to consider emergency airlift, Azerbaijan sanctions to end Artsakh blockade
Ararat Mirzoyan received Anne Louyot, the Ambassador of France to Armenia
Wind: 0.51 km/h