Biden to Sign Historic Executive Order to Advance Effective, Accountable Policing and Strengthen Public Safety
Two years ago, the murder of George Floyd exposed for many what Black and Brown communities have long known and experienced - that we must do more to ensure that our Nation lives up to its founding promise of fair and impartial justice for all. The incident sparked one of the largest social movements this country has ever seen, with calls from all corners to acknowledge the legacy of systemic racism in our criminal justice system and in our institutions more broadly, the White House press office announced.
Today, President Biden will sign a historic executive order (EO) to advance effective, accountable policing and criminal justice practices that will build public trust and strengthen public safety. Police cannot fulfill their role to keep communities safe without public trust and confidence in law enforcement and the criminal justice system. Yet, there are places in America today where the bonds of trust are frayed or broken. To heal as a nation, we must acknowledge that fatal encounters with law enforcement have disproportionately involved Black and Brown people.
President Biden’s EO will enhance public trust by promoting accountability, transparency, and the principles of equality and dignity in policing and the larger criminal justice system. Increased trust makes policing more effective and thereby strengthens public safety. Without that trust, victims do not call for help. Witnesses do not step forward. Crimes go unsolved. Justice is not served. The EO mandates measures for all Federal law enforcement agencies, leveraging the President’s direct authority over the executive branch. The EO also requires the use of federal tools such as guidance on best practices, training and technical assistance, and grantmaking to support reforms at State, Tribal, local, and territorial law enforcement agencies that will strengthen public trust and improve public safety across the nation.
- Armenia Anti-Corruption Committee, US Federal Bureau of Investigation Sign Cooperation Memorandum Also during the visit, a memorandum of cooperation was signed between the Anti-Corruption Committee of Armenia and the US Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- White House Confirms Biden's Intention to Run for A Second Term All I can say is that the president intends to do what the president plans to do.
- Joe Biden To Head To Hollywood For 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' The 54-year-old comedian also shared word on social media, tweeting that there was "no malarkey" about the upcoming appearance.
- Joe Biden Urges Congress to ‘Meet the Moment’ On Gun Control It’s about protecting children, protecting families, protecting whole communities, protecting our freedom to go to school, to a grocery store, to a church and not being shot and killed.
- Pelosi's Husband Charged with Driving Under the Influence Paul Pelosi, 82, was arrested at 11:44 p.m. PT and charged with driving under the influence and driving with a blood alcohol content of 0.08% or higher, according to the Napa County Criminal Justice Network's...
G7 Nations to Announce Import Ban on Russian Gold: Biden
Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Closed for All Types of Vehicles
Foreign Minister of Armenia Ararat Mirzoyan Will Leave for Athens
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Eve of the Fast of St. Gregory the Illuminator
SADA CUP: Armenia Beat Iran 77:73
Armenian-Italian Аrcheological Expedition Has Started Exploration near Dvin
Medvedev Warns about Consequences for Moldova for Supporting EU’s Anti-Russian Sanctions
Russia to Supply Iskander-M Rocket Systems to Belarus in Coming Months: Putin
Ex-President Sargsyan Turns Down Offer to Be Hayastan All Armenian Fund Board of Trustees Member
Iran Ready to Resume Talks on Nuclear Deal in Several Days: Foreign Minister
The Prime Minister Received the Representatives of the Central Board of Armenian Democratic Liberal Party-Ramgavar
Turkey Denies FlyOne Armenia Overflight Permit for Lebanon Flights
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
One Artsakh Army Soldier Killed, Four Wounded in Car Crash
The Prime Minister Participates in the Sitting of the Board of Trustees of the Hayastan All-Armenian Fund
Armenian, Russian Defense Ministers to Meet in August
Armenia PM to Soon Respond to Media Questions
UN Doing Its Best to Reintegrate Food from Russia, Ukraine into Global Market
Major Accident in Syunik: Serviceman Dies, Four People Hospitalized
May 28: the Day of Armenian First Republic
Alexander Leonovich Kemurdzhian, Designer of the First Planet Rover
Andranik Iosifyan from Artsakh: Father of Electromechanics, "Chief Electrician" of Missile Technology
The People of Artsakh Have the Same Rights as Everyone: Ararat Mirzoyan
Artsakh's NSS Urges Against Spread of Dubious News
Artsakh’s NSS Reveals Case of High Treason
Armenia is Not Only Russia’s Partner, it is a Strategic Ally, Putin Tells Khachaturyan
It Is Necessary to Work Closely to Launch Crisis Prevention Mechanisms: Pashinyan to CSTO Foreign Ministers
China Rejects Wuhan Lab Leak Theory, Calls for Investigating US Facilities
The Resident of Berdzor, Lost on the Azerbaijani Side, was Returned Through the Mediation of Peacekeepers
Wind: 1.03 km/h