US Senator Criticized Azerbaijan
United States Senator from Illinois, Richard Durbin, made an announcement calling on the US administration on the background of global challenges – the aggression against Ukraine, the fight against ISIS, the war in Syria, etc., not to forget about the struggle for fundamental political freedoms.
''I would like to mention a few brave souls, who sit in prison for the promotion of democratic values. Firstly, I am deeply concerned about the recent repression of human rights defenders in Azerbaijan. This is a disturbing trend in this country, which has deteriorated significantly over the last year. Aliyev wants the world to believe that Azerbaijan is a model country that professes moderate Islam, has strong relations with the West and is the perfect host for the upcoming European games. At the same time, the country has more political prisoners than Russia and Belarus together," – Turan quotes Durbin’s words.
- Magnifier: Baku’s Imitation of Democracy And Peace-loving The program “Magnifier” dealt with issues related to human rights, recent amnesty and peace preparation in Azerbaijan.
- European Court Announces Two New Decisions against Azerbaijan The Strasbourg Court decided that each applicant should be paid an award of EUR 7,500 and another EUR 2,500 to reimburse the court expenses.
- ECHR Rejects Azerbaijan’s Appeal: What Is Next? The following measures will be either to suspend Azerbaijan’s voting rights and to expel Azerbaijan from the organisation.
- Composer of "The Promise" Movie Song Got Human Rights Watch Award The inaugural honor was given to the late legendary singer and songwriter Chris Cornell in recognition of his song, The Promise. The award was presented at The Voices for Justice Human Rights Watch Annual...
- UNESCO: 930 Journalists Have Been Killed in Last 11 Years In 2016 alone, the UNESCO Director-General condemned the killing of 102 journalists, media workers, and social media producers of public interest journalism. In 2012, the deadliest year for journalists,...
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 1.03 km/h