Brexit Fears May See 15% of UK University Staff Leave
The government must maintain free movement for EU academics or risk losing up to 15% of staff at British universities, a leading German academics’ body has warned.
It comes as evidence mounts that European researchers and lecturers are leaving or rejecting UK higher education posts because of Brexit fears, - Guardian reports.
Margret Wintermantel, the head of the academic exchange service DAAD, which represents more than 300 higher education institutions and student bodies across Germany, said uncertainty about future working and residence conditions was "proving painful" and prompting top academics to turn down British university jobs.
- Boris Johnson Hides in Fridge to Avoid Questions as Aide Swears at GMB Reporter (video) The Conservative Party leader was delivering milk in the marginal seat of Pudsey, West Yorkshire this morning, as he continues his whistle-stop tour of key battleground electorates on the eve of the election.
- Johnson Says Britain Can Soon Stop Talking about Brexit if He Wins Vote Johnson, 55, has pledged to push through his divorce deal by Jan. 31 if he wins the election. The European Union granted Britain a third delay to Brexit, which was originally supposed to have taken place...
- Johnson Replaced by Ice Sculpture in TV Debate The Tories say they offered Michael Gove - the party's former environment secretary - and said there was precedent for senior party figures standing in for leaders during debates.
- BrExit: Second Round "We all know that breaking up is hard. But breaking up and building a new relationship is much harder," Tusk said.
- British Snap Elections or May's Unjustified "Risk" However, the recent terrorist attacks in Britain brought some changes in the moods of the voters. In the light of Brexit, many Britons felt abandoned against the threat of terrorism, so they made choice...
Greta Thunberg Named Time Person of the Year For 2019
Patriarch-Elect Sahak Mashalian Addressed the Armenian Community of Istanbul
President Sarkissian Hosts UNICEF Armenia Team Representatives
No Breakthrough in Russia-US Relations: Peskov
Armenia PM's New Year Message to Be Broadcast Live from Yerevan Republic Square
President of Artsakh Convoked a Working Consultation around a Number of Issues on the Activities of Transport Police
Trump's Meeting with Lavrov "Important' But Not a Sign of Thaw in US-Russia Relations, Kremlin Says
Israeli Lawmakers Expedite Bill to Dissolve the 22nd Knesset
Bishop Sahak Mashalian Elected 85th Armenian Patriarch of Constantinople
Russia’s Tula Region Interested in Multilateral Cooperation with Armenia
Boris Johnson Hides in Fridge to Avoid Questions as Aide Swears at GMB Reporter (video)
Federal Judge Blocks Trump Plan to Spend $3.6 Billion in Military Funds on Border Wall
Weather Forecast in Armenia: the Air Temperature will Gradually Go up
Scenario Seems to Be Imposed on Karabakh Implemented with Participation of Armenian Authorities: Robert Kocharyan
Armenian Parliament Completely Passes Bill on Early Retirement of Constitutional Court Judges
World's First Fully Electric Commercial Aircraft Takes Flight in Canada
UN Investigators Unable to Trace Saudi Aramco Attack to Iran
4 Killed in Jersey City Shooting
Roadways in RA are Mainly Passable
Armenian Monastery Among Europe's Host Endangered Heritage Sites
"You and Erdogan Brought ISIS": Cher Comments on Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Komitas Statue to Be Unveiled in Front of Istanbul’s Armenian Patriarchate
Pope Francis Refers to Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Artsakh Republic President Participated in the Opening Ceremony of the Library-Reading Hall of the "Matenadaran-Gandzasar" Scientific-Cultural Center
Revolution Turns into Ashes when the Given Promise Isn't Kept: Aram I Catholicos
Artsakh Republic President Held a Working Consultation with the Representatives of the Askeran Regional Administration and Community Heads
Impression is As if Authorities Want Quicker Settlement of Artsakh Issue to Live Freely: Vazgen Manukyan
Statement by MFA of Armenia Regarding the Statements by the President of Turkey on Armenian Genocide Made in the United States
Azerbaijan Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border around 140 Times in One Week
Colonel Arayik Grigoryan Appointed Frst Deputy Director of the Artsakh Republic National Security Service
Wind: 5 km/h