Incredible Armenians or Celebrities Who Do Not Talk About Their Armenian Roots
In the recent days the news on the Armenian roots of the founder of the fashion house "Giorgio Armani" is actively being discussed. Forbes, in particular, in its article noted that the parents of Giorgio Armani fled from the Ottoman Empire to Italy during the 1915 Armenian Genocide. For many it seemed an impossible fact, as the world-famous designer never spoke about it. Perhaps the reason is that the 83-year-old Armani is a self-contained person and very rarely gives interviews: no information about his personal life is known.
Another "incredible" Armenian is the British princess Diana, although she is only 1/64 Armenian. It turns out that her great-great-grandmother was a rich native from the Indian town of Gujarat. Her name was Eliza Kevar (Kevorkian). Several years ago in the ancestral home of the Princess of Wales letters were found in an unfamiliar language. As a result of the research, it was found out that the letters were written in Armenian. They wrote to their children and grandchildren Eliza, express.am reports.
Eliza Kevar married the Scotsman Theodor Forbes, they had a daughter named Jane. She married David Littlejohn, and their daughter Ruth married William Gil. Ruth Sylvia Gil is Lady Diana's grandmother, she married Lord Fermo. And their daughter Francis Ruth Burke Roach married Diana Erl Spencer's father VIII. It turns out that the grandmother of Lady Di's grandmother was an Armenian.
It is noted that in all probability Lady Di knew about her Armenian roots, but, given her status, she preferred not to disclose this fact.
Many say that the British comedian Rowan Atkinson, better known as Mr. Bean had also Armenian origin. But, unlike Giorgio Armani and Lady Dee, these statements are even more incredible. Surely, many just got such an impression because of his Armenian appearance and facial expressions. However, assumptions are not always facts. No matter they are Armenians or not Armenians, all these people achieved recognition because of not some national signs, but personal charm and talent ...
- Emil Jamil Lahoud: Armenian President of Lebanon Armenians, in turn, made a great contribution to the development of Lebanon. Throughout the history of living in the territory of the country, Armenians took an active part in the formation of the country...
- Kirk Kerkorian: to be Sad in a Mercedes is Better than in a Bus It should be noted here that the Armenian nation is proud of Kerkorian not for the fact that he was a successful businessman, but because he was a worthy Armenian. Kerkorian has greatly supported in the...
- Gevorg Nalbandian: an Armenian who Wrote an Anthem for an African Country The small Armenian diaspora in this exotic ancient country has always occupied an important place in all areas of state and cultural life, Dlmn.info notes.
- The Armenian Love of Aivazovsky She loved him very much and did not require more attention than he could give. She understood that she would never occupy a place in his heart equal to the painting. Aivazovsky in turn adored Anna and...
- Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand “If it were not for the Armenian identity in the family, I would not have had such accomplishments,” said Seerpoohi Elias, the first female Chief Justice of New Zealand.
Gunshots Fired at St. Sahag and St. Mesrob Armenian Cultural Center in Marseille
Biden Reverses Trump's Transgender Military Ban
30 Tons Humanitarian Aid Arrives in Armenia from Germany
Armenian Embassy in Georgia Released A Statement On Accident With Armenian Trucks
Levon Ter-Petrosyan Hosted In His House Ambassador of Russia
No Incidents Has Been Maintained Along The Armenian-Azerbaijani Line Of Contact
The Ombudsman Of Armenia Released A Guide For Persons Displaced From Nagorno-Karabakh
The Issue of Repatriation of Armenian POWs Not Included in Agenda of PACE Session
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Biden Speaks with Macron, Agrees to Coordinate on Iran Nuclear Deal
Four Players and President of Brazilian Club Palmas Killed in Plane Crash
Trump Adviser Claims Former President has no Plans for Third Political Party
Israel Decides to Ban Passenger Flights to Curb COVID-19 Spread
Armenia Records 166094 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
More Bodies Found in Battle Zones as Search Operations Continue, Says Artsakh
Armenia Ombudsman Presents Additional Evidence of Armenophobia in Azerbaijan
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Bodies of 30 Armenian Servicemen Returned by Azerbaijani Side Unrecognizable
Armenia Records 166036 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Biden Names Ike Hajinazarian as White House Regional Communications Director
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Wind: 4 km/h