Glendale Shopping and Entertainment Center Agrees to Advertise "Architects of Denial" Documentary
The Americana at Brand shopping and entertainment complex in Glendale reveresed its decision to ban an advertisement for a documentary about the Armenian Genocide to be displayed, News.am reports.
The decision came before the Armenian National Committee of America was set to announce a boycott of all properties owned by businessman Rick J. Caruso and his company Caruso Affiliated, including the Americana.
The Armenian National Committee of America – Glendale received a letter from Caruso Affiliated Executive Vice President of Operations, Jackie Levy condemning "violence and atrocities of any form anywhere in the world, including the Armenian Genocide that has impacted the lives of Armenians in our community." The letter also states that Caruso Affiliated will work with the producers of "Architects of Denial" and the City of Glendale in an effort to display the advertisement at the Americana at Brand, at no cost to the producers.
The ANCA Glendale welcomes this important albeit delayed response as the first step in addressing a larger issue of insensitivity toward the Armenian-American community and utter lack of outreach and understanding.
"We especially want to thank the grassroots in our community who rose to the occasion by making our collective concerns heard on a larger scale. This outcome shows that when the community is activated, decision makers will hear its voice.
We are sincerely grateful to our elected officials – specifically State Senator Anthony Portantino who joined us on the ground from day one, members of the Glendale City Council who supported our position, as well as US Congressman Adam Schiff, LA County Supervisor Kathryn Barger, and Los Angeles Councilmember Paul Krekorian for responding to the call for action and providing their staunch support that made this possible," ANCA said in a statement.
- Trump Signs Executive Order to Impose Sanctions Against any Election Interference The process, according to Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats and White House national security adviser John Bolton, would take a total of 90 days.
- "Fake, Fake, Disgusting News": Trump Slams Media for Bad Coverage of His Summits US President Donald Trump on Thursday resumed his attacks on media at a rally in Pennsylvania, slamming news as "fake" and "disgusting."
- Trump National Security Team says Russia Behind Effort to Meddle in U.S. Elections U.S. President Donald Trump’s national security team said on Thursday that Russia is behind “pervasive” attempts to interfere in upcoming U.S. elections, in a rejection of denials of meddling that...
- Increasing Tension in Turkish-American Relations In the first case, Ankara categorically refused to release a US cleric detained for involvement with coup organizers and Kurdish militants in Turkey in 2016.
- Trump: I'll be Putin's Worst Enemy "Getting along with President Putin, getting along with Russia, is positive, not a negative," the US President Donald Trump said.
Meeting between Armenian Foreign Minister and OSCE Minsk Group Co-Cahirs Has Already Started
Trump: Iranians Must 'Change Their Tune' before any Meeting
Google Chrome Authorizes Users Without Their Consent
Nikol Pashinyan Visits Armenia Exhibition at New York’s Metropolitan Museum (Photos)
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received the Delegation of the French Town of Alfortville
North Korea Made Great Progress in Denuclearization
Russian President holds phone talks with Israeli PM
First Meeting of EU-RA Partnership Committee in Trade Configuration under the CEPA to Be Held in Yerevan today
Azerbaijani Opposition Figures Oppose Putin's Visit
EU to Set Up a Mechanism to Continue Legitimate Business with Iran
Excessive Drinking Killed over 3 million People in 2016
"Days of Artsakh in France" Festival to be Concluded
PM Nikol Pashinyan Attends Nelson Mandela Peace Summit at UN Headquarters and Delivers a Speech
Nikol Pashinyan Meets with UN Secretary-General António Guterres
In theFramework of the Summit of Minds President Met with the Leaders of Over Two Dozen Companies
Poland to be Referred to EU's Top Court
Russia to Send S-300s to Syria within 2 Weeks
Armenian PM Instructs to Set Up Working Group to Study Gas Prices
Moldova Court Suspends President Dodon
Shinzo Abe and Trump Hold Constructive Talks on Trade and North Korea
Pashinyan: Karabakh Should Become a Part of Armenia
Erdogan Wants to Build a Seljuk Style Presidential Palace on Shores of Lake Van
Dan Bilzerian Registers in the Armenian Armed Forces
US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan
Gevorg Harutyunyan Took the Third Place at the "New Wave -2018" International Music Contest
Feast of Exaltation of the Holy Cross
Jean-Claude Van Damme to Be on Hand at Comedy Club Festival in Yerevan
"Declaration of Independence Laid Foundation of Artsakh’s State-Building’ – Armenian President Extends Congrats on 27th Anniversary
Dan Bilzerian Heads to Artsakh
In the Past There Were More Armenians in Baku than Azerbaijanis, and More Armenians in Tbilisi than Georgians - Zatulin
Wind: 17.70 km/h