Adam Schiff Urges Textbook Publishers to Include More Information on Armenian Genocide
After Armenian constituents raised concerns over the lack of in-depth information provided to students about the Armenian Genocide, Adam Schiff (D-Burbank) and seven of his Congressional colleagues sent letters to history textbook publishers in California, urging them to include additional details about the tragedy in forthcoming textbook editions, "Los Angeles Times" reports.
"It’s a really necessary part of any student’s education to understand what people are capable of and under what circumstances it takes place, and how it can be avoided in the future," Schiff said.
Letters were sent to major textbook publishers, such as Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, McGraw-Hill and Pearson, said Emilie Simons, a spokeswoman for Schiff.
In 2014, Gov. Jerry Brown signed AB 1915, which required the Armenian Genocide be included in high school curricula. In 2016, Glendale Unified’s history and literature teachers underwent additional training with genocide experts to better instruct students about the Ottoman Turks’ massacre of 1.5 million Armenians beginning in 1915.
- President Sarkissian Congratulates Ambassador Richard Mills on US Independence Day President Sarkissian congratulated Ambassador Richard Mills and in the person of him, the good people of the United States, on this important holiday and wished welfare and constant development.
- Nikol Pashinyan Received US Ambassador to Armenia "The US government is committed to assisting the goals on democracy, human rights, transparency and accountability that will improve Armenia’s business environment and will make the country more attractive...
- United States is Ready to Co-operate With the New Government of Armenia ''As a partner and the friendly country of Armenia, the US always encouraged constructive dialogue overcome the political impasse'', State Department Spokesperson noted.
- Richard Mills: A Way to Democracy Is Not Electing Prime Minister's Candidate on the Streets During the discussion Ambassador Mills once again reaffirmed the US government's stance and stressed that all the processes should take place according to the Constitution. He added that there is no alternative...
- Glendale City Council Approves the Idea of Creating Armenian American Museum Museum representatives presented their vision for a three-story, 59 800 square-foot cultural and educational complex that would be located in the southwest corner of Central Park.
CSTO Chief of Joint Staff not Authorized to Comment on Matter Regarding Secretary General Yuri Khachaturov
EU Leaders Try to Tackle the Migration Crisis
Artsakh’s President Sent a Congratulatory Letter to President of the South Ossetian on Independence Day
Japan's Abe Re-elected as Party Head, to Stay on as PM
Spokesperson of the MFA Armenia Comments on Situation on Border Between Armenia and Azerbaijan
Robert Kocharyan: Putin's Call Is a Serious Support
Ural Airlines Is Opening Direct Flights from Anapa to Yerevan
Idlib: Who Has Benefits from Putin-Erdogan Agreement?
“Fort Trump” in Poland
Dollar Continues to Fall in Armenia
Two Koreas Agree to Connect Railways and Roads
Turkey Reduces Investment Levels for Turkish Citizenship
Armenia, China Sign Air Communication Agreement
Russian MoD Blames Israel for Attack Which Led to Downing of Il-20 by Syria
21 Killed in Iranian Road Accident
Levon Aronian's Wife to Solo Cycle through Turkey and Iran to Armenia
Pope to Armenian Monks: Continue to Illuminate the Path to Unity
Fire on the Slopes of Mount Ararat Has Started to Quickly Spread Again
North, South Korean Leaders Kick off 3-day Summit
Armenia’s Human Rights Defender's Office Praised by European Union for "Excellent" Job
Belgian King and His Family Are on Vacation in Armenia
Pashinyan: Karabakh Should Become a Part of Armenia
Erdogan Wants to Build a Seljuk Style Presidential Palace on Shores of Lake Van
Angela Merkel Arrived in Armenia
Armenian-Chinese Friendship School Opens in Yerevan
Dan Bilzerian Registers in the Armenian Armed Forces
Merkel Left Azerbaijan with ''Armenian Flags''
US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan
Feast of Exaltation of the Holy Cross
Berlin Regrets Azerbaijan's Decision to Ban German Parliamentarian from Entering the Country Due to His Visit to Karabakh
Wind: 11.27 km/h