Senate Appropriations Committee 2023 Bill Reaffirms $2 Million In Demining Assistance To Artsakh
The United States Senate Committee on Appropriations released its Fiscal Year 2023 Appropriations Bill today, which reaffirms Section 907 of the FREEDOM Support Act and recommend $2 million in demining assistance to Artsakh, along with humanitarian aid to help displaced Armenians, reported the Armenian Assembly of America (Assembly).
Specifically, the Committee Report stated that “up to $2,000,000 for humanitarian demining and unexploded ordnance [UXO] clearance activities in areas affected by fighting in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, subject to prior consultation with the Committees on Appropriations” as well as “humanitarian assistance” for those displaced “by the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh.”
Last month, the House of Representatives passed its version of the Bill that called for $60 million in assistance to Armenia and $2 million for demining activities in Artsakh. The House Bill also included language on Section 907 of the FREEDOM Support Act.
"Having just returned from Armenia and Artsakh, continued U.S. assistance and engagement remains critically important,” stated Assembly Congressional Relations Director Mariam Khaloyan. “The Assembly will continue to work with the House and Senate to ensure the best outcome to help the Armenian people,” Khaloyan added.
- Azerbaijani forces violate the ceasefire in Artsakh The ceasefire violation was reported to the command of the Russian peacekeeping troops.
- Azerbaijani units violate ceasefire in several directions, Artsakh’s Defense Ministry says The Armenian side has no losses. The incidents of ceasefire violations were reported to the command of the Russian peacekeeping troops.
- Russian Diplomat Reassures Armenians Over Corridor In Karabakh "The parties are in direct contact, and I assure you that the peacekeepers will not move a single centimeter until there is a new corridor," Seleznyov said.
- Liberal Party of Australia recognized Artsakh independence, Armenian Genocide- David Babayan Recently, the New South Wales Parliamentary Friends of Armenia has also issued a statement condemning the aggressive policy of Azerbaijan towards the Republic of Artsakh.
- Artsakh MOD: Azerbaijan Again Violated Ceasefire in Some Directions Together with the Russian peacekeeping contingent, work is continuing toward further stabilization of the situation.
- US Plans To Hire Adviser To "Counter Corruption" In Armenia, Who Can Receive From $91.5 Thousand to $134.3 Thousand Per Year The main goal of the bureau’s program ... in Armenia is to support the host state in developing an effective and transparent criminal justice sector that respects human rights and actively fights corruption
- Biden’s Nominee For U.S. Ambassador to Armenia Sent to Senate Kristina Kvien arrived at U.S. Embassy Kyiv in May 2019. From 2016 – April 2019, she served as Acting DCM/Minister Counselor for Economic Affairs at U.S. Embassy Paris.
- US Welcomes First Meeting of Armenian, Azerbaijani Border Commissions: Blinken The U.S. supports the EU-brokered conversations between Azerbaijan and Armenia and encourages continued positive momentum and bilateral dialogue
- Democracy is a Continuous Process to Ensure Accountability, to Protect Human Rights: Lynne Tracy She added that problems concerning police conduct occur in the United States as well.
- United States Gained Good Partner in Person of Armenian Government: Ambassador Tracy You can’t achieve success in other areas if you don’t make investments in human capital.
Two pilots dead in light aircraft crash in Armenia
Pashinyan receives Philip Reeker
Media reports on Armenian FM having trilateral meeting with Turkish and Azeri counterparts are exaggerated: MFA
Lavrov: On the issue of the OSCE MG disintegration we should address the USA, France and Azerbaijan
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan visited painter Hagop Hagopian’s family
At the Australian Ministry of Foreign Affairs Mr. Arman Tatoyan presented the latest facts of Azerbaijani criminal invasions in Armenia and evidence of war crimes
Discussions on implementation of agreements reached between Armenia and Turkey to continue: MFA
Nikol Pashinyan sends congratulatory message to the Prime Minister of Romania
Armenia parliament speaker thanks France National Assembly for resolution condemning Azerbaijan
Armenian Foreign Minister presents consequences of Azerbaijani aggression to his Czech counterpart
Azerbaijani troops open fire at Armenian positions
Some roads are closed in Armenia
Russia finds NATO’s rapid evolution worrisome: Lavrov
The steps towards the introduction of the Universal Declaration System discussed at Government
French National Assembly adopts resolution supporting Armenia and calling for sanctions against Azerbaijan
MoD Armenia comments on another Azerbaijani disinformation
UK imposes sanctions against 22 Russian officials supporting mobilization: document
EC confirms removal of information about Ukrainian army death toll
Artsakh’s Defense Ministry denies another Azerbaijani disinformation
The Prime Minister leaves for Tunisia on a working visit
Azerbaijan's attempts to abolish the status of Artsakh as a party to the conflict is unacceptable: Artsakh MFA
Putin to attend CSTO summit in Armenia next week, Kremlin confirms
Putin and Erdogan discuss details of creating a gas hub in Turkey: Kremlin
Azerbaijan’s defense ministry spreads another misinformation: MoD Armenia
Nikol Pashinyan and Charles Michel meet in Djerba
Russia bars entry to 200 US citizens: Russian Foreign Ministry
Igor Khovaev to visit Baku
Azerbaijan carries out tactical maneuvers
Armenian Security Council Secretary and Indian PM's Advisor discuss security cooperation
Wind: 0.51 km/h