Biden’s Nominee For U.S. Ambassador to Armenia Sent to Senate
U.S. President Joe Biden has recently nominated Kristina A. Kvien for Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the Republic of Armenia and sent the nomination to the Senate, according to Armenpress the White House said in a news release.
The respective committee of the Senate will appoint a day of hearings during which Kristina A. Kvien will answer to the questions of legislators. This will be followed by a voting in the upper house to approve her candidacy for the U.S. Ambassador to Armenia.
Kristina Kvien arrived at U.S. Embassy Kyiv in May 2019. From 2016 – April 2019, she served as Acting DCM/Minister Counselor for Economic Affairs at U.S. Embassy Paris.
Previously, Kristina served as Acting DCM and Economic Counselor at U.S. Embassy Bangkok, Thailand; Economic Counselor at U.S. Embassy London; and Director for European Union, Ukraine, and Belarus Affairs at the National Security Council in the Executive Office of the President. Kristina has also served at U.S. Embassy Moscow, Russia; the U.S. Mission to the European Union in Brussels, Belgium; and the U.S. Embassy Manila, Philippines. At the Department of State in Washington, DC, Kristina worked on European Union issues and on bilateral relations with Slovenia.
- Turkey is sending Cold War-era cluster bombs to Ukraine – FP The weapons are designed to destroy tanks by bursting into smaller submunitions, which can linger on the battlefield for years if they do not immediately explode. Each round scatters about 88 bomblets.
- Los Angeles mayor and city council president address US president on Lachin corridor issue Thank you, Mayor Bass, for joining me in communicating to President Biden the urgent need for U.S. leadership to lift the blockade and bring humanitarian relief to the people of Artsakh.
- US Committed to Helping Armenia and Azerbaijan Resolve Issues Peacefully: Blinken Spoke With Pashinyan The Secretary reiterated our commitment to helping Armenia and Azerbaijan resolve issues peacefully.
- Iran to Submit Final Conclusion Over Nuclear Deal Revival by Midnight In comments on Monday, Amirabdollahian said Iran is going to send its final conclusion about the JCPOA talks to the European coordinator in written form at midnight.
- Erdogan, Biden Might Meet in September- Media Turkey plans to buy 40 F-16 fighter jets from the US and upgrade another eighty. US President Joe Biden stated that he expects to receive the approval of the [US] Congress to sell F-16 fighter jets to...
- U.S. to remain very much engaged “to help bring about that end state” between Armenia and Azerbaijan We continue to maintain our commitment to promoting a secure, stable, democratic, prosperous, and peaceful future for the South Caucasus region.
- US Plans To Hire Adviser To "Counter Corruption" In Armenia, Who Can Receive From $91.5 Thousand to $134.3 Thousand Per Year The main goal of the bureau’s program ... in Armenia is to support the host state in developing an effective and transparent criminal justice sector that respects human rights and actively fights corruption
- Senate Appropriations Committee 2023 Bill Reaffirms $2 Million In Demining Assistance To Artsakh Specifically, the Committee Report stated that “up to $2,000,000 for humanitarian demining and unexploded ordnance [UXO] clearance activities in areas affected by fighting in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict,...
- US Welcomes First Meeting of Armenian, Azerbaijani Border Commissions: Blinken The U.S. supports the EU-brokered conversations between Azerbaijan and Armenia and encourages continued positive momentum and bilateral dialogue
- Democracy is a Continuous Process to Ensure Accountability, to Protect Human Rights: Lynne Tracy She added that problems concerning police conduct occur in the United States as well.
Today We Are Witnessing a Grave Humanitarian Crisis in Nagorno-Karabakh: Armen Gevorgyan
Talks with Russian peacekeepers continue on delivering 150 tons of humanitarian cargo to Karabakh
PACE calls on Azerbaijan to open the Lachin corridor, release all Armenian prisoners
The EU is making significant efforts at the highest level to contribute to comprehensive normalisation of relations between Armenia and Azerbaijan: Enrique Mora
Creation of humanitarian crisis by Azerbaijan for Artsakh’s people is a genocidal act. Representative of Cyprus
Kristina A. Kvien sworn in as an Ambassador by U.S. Under Secretary of State ahead of Armenia arrival
Vahagn Khachaturyan received the Minister of Finance Vahe Hovhannisyan
State Department: US welcomes EU efforts to strengthen trust between Armenia, Azerbaijan
US congressmen call on Biden to stop military support to Azerbaijan
Some roads are closed in Armenia
Meeting of Ararat Mirzoyan and Enrique Mora
A consultation on tax potential assessment held at Government
Russian MFA responds to the decision of the EU to deploy a new observation mission in Armenia
Armenia’s citizens to visit United Arab Emirates without visa
Wizz Air to start operating flights on several new routes
Gas supply to be restored in Stepanakert, but cut in the regions
Kremlin rules out any talks between Zelensky, Putin
The Secretary of the Security Council Had a Telephone Conversation with Kestutis Budrys
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Artsakh believes that "international anti-terrorist cooperation" must be considered to save blockaded 120,000 population
Merkel’s, Hollande’s remarks on Minsk Accords signify betrayal: Russian top senator
NATO Secretary General says West should prepare for protracted conflict in Ukraine
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
In the new year and coming years my only wish and counsel to our people is STRUGGLE: Serzh Sargsyan
Retired Pope Benedict XVI dies
Russian Foreign Ministry expresses concern over lack of progress in restoring Lachin corridor
People of Artsakh stand before the problem of realizing the right to life: Artsakh National Assembly President
Stranded citizens of Artsakh to spend New Year’s Eve honoring fallen troops at Yerablur cemetery in Yerevan
Garo Paylan urges Erdogan to take responsibility for ending the blockade of Nagorno- Karabakh
Iranian ambassador to Azerbaijan leaves for consultations at home
Wind: 0.51 km/h