The Victory of Armenia's "Both... And" Policy
In the EU Eastern Partnership Summit on November 24, the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement between the EU and Armenia was signed, which, certainly, will turn the EU-Armenia relations into a new stage. The Agreement, of course, should be considered a great achievement in Armenia’s foreign policy. Being at the crossroads of the integration processes, we managed to bypass the dilemma, considered to be inevitable in such kind of situations. Instead of contradicting the integration processes, the Armenian side employed the formula of their combination, which during these years has proved its feasibility and efficiency. The new EU-RA agreement is a bright demonstration of it.
The Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement between the EU and Armenia will have a decisive role in the RA’s European integration process, boosting cooperation and resulting reforms in such directions as justice, efficient public administration, human rights, basic freedoms etc. It is noteworthy that the cooperation opportunities presented in the Agreement are unprecedented in the RA-EU relations.
However, it is important to realize, that for the efficient implementation of the Agreement, the political will of both Armenian and European sides, as well as active engagement of the civil societies are necessary. All the necessary means should be employed, to make the Agreement implementation process transparent and inclusive. The initiatives aimed at the awareness-raising of the society on the content of the Agreement and the existing opportunities are also important.
Summing up we can state, that the Agreement is a bright and successful example of the Armenia’s complementary foreign policy, which will further boost and give new speed to the reforms simultaneously in several important directions.
- Romania Completes Ratification of Armenia-EU CEPA The Romanian Senate ratified the deal unanimously with 96 votes in favor and 0 against.
- What Does Armenian Prime Minister Expect from EU? It is quite natural that the rapid pace and success of democratic processes in Armenia are awarded a positive assessment from the EU, and this assessment must be materialized. Let's try to clarify what...
- Nikol Pashinyan and Piotr Switalski Discuss Armenia-EU Relations In particular, the PM said the recent events in Armenia significantly contributed to the development and strengthening of democracy.
- Rapid Implementation of Armenia-EU Agreement Can Open Wide Opporunities It is noteworthy that even partial, but quick implementation of the agreement will give an additional impetus to the reforms being implemented in Armenia with the EU support, as well as will deepen Armenia-EU...
- Armenia-EU Agreement Is a Unique Development Plan: Foreign Minister Since ancient times, Armenia has been a part of European civilization and tried to make its modest, but visible contribution to the latter's development.
ECHR Fines Armenia over Procedural Violations
Arpine Hovhannisyan Met with EEAS Managing Director for Europe and Central Asia
Moldovan Parliament Fails to Ensure Enough Votes for EU Integration Constitutional Clause
Bako Sahakyan Visits to the Eastern Section of the Artsakh-Azerbaijani Borderline
EU Countries Who Refuse To Host Refugees Could Pay More For Projects
Trump Threatens to Call US Military to Close Southern Border as 4,000-Strong Migrant Caravan Pushes North
Ambassador: France’s Position on Karabakh Remains the Same
Nikol Pashinyan Sends Condolence Letter on Demise of Ara Güler
Karabakh: Solemn Event Marking the Centennial of the Msmna Battle
Karabakh Settlement Issue: Armen Sargsyan's Visits to the USA, Moscow and Stepanakert:
Legendary Turkish-Armenian Photographer Ara Guler Dies at 90
Brexit: UK "May Consider Longer Transition Period'
Nikol Pashinyan, Armen Sarkissian Discuss Issues Related to Political Situation in Armenia
“We Intend to Exempt Micro Business From Taxes” - Nikol Pashinyan Visits Charity Fair Organized by Syrian-Armenians
Tusk has No Optimism on Brexit Deal
The Main Results of the Francophone Week in Yerevan
Anna Burns Wins Man Booker Prize for Milkman
Armenia Improves Positions in Global Competitiveness Index
Turkish President Erdoğan Meets Pompeo in Ankara
Trump: "My Biggest Threat is the Fed"
Brigitte Macron: We Feel So Good in Armenia that We Don't Want to Leave
In Honor of Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, RA Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan Gave Official Dinner (photos)
Macron: April 24 to be Remembered in France as the Day of Remembrance of the Armenian Genocide
It Is Suggested in Armenia to Rename one of the International Airports in Honor of the Great Chansonnier Charles Aznavour
German Publicist about Erdogan's Visit: You Mean the Carpet, which Is Painted with the Blood of Armenians?
Justin Trudeau: Many Years ago I Had the Opportunity to Visit Armenia with my Father during Summer Holidays
Aliyev Criticized International Observers' Assessment on the Yerevan Council of Elderly Elections before the Election Results Were Published
CSTO Chief of Joint Staff not Authorized to Comment on Matter Regarding Secretary General Yuri Khachaturov
Sharmazanov to Speaker of Azerbaijani Parliament: You Should Recognize the Full Exercise of Artsakh People’s Right of Self-Determination
Artsakh's Defense Army Serviceman Artsakh Hovsepyan Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Wind: 11.27 km/h