Turkey Continues Its Hostile Politics With Neighbors: Greta Avetisyan
Turkey continues its hostile stance with its neighbors. The recent statement made by the Turkish Foreign Minister regarding the Armenian-Turkish protocols proves this. This was declared by Greta Avetisyan, editor-in-chief of "Armedia" Information, Analytical Agency at the press conference entitled "Regional developments in 2017" at "Novosti-Armenia" press center.
"Turkey distorts reality and facts. Still in 2009, when Turkey failed the Zurich process, the international community, as well as a number of countries came up with statements criticizing Turkey's preconditions and the fact that it overthrew the process," Avetisyan said.
She also added that the Armenian-Turkish protocols were a tool to pursue an imitation policy for the Turkish authorities, and that's why the President of Armenia at the United Nations GA stated that if Turkey does not ratify those protocols until April 2018, Armenia will announce them null and void.
"Armenia cannot allow Turkey to take the protocols hostage and use them only for its own interests," Greta Avetisyan said.
Continuing to speak of Turkey's hostile policy towards Armenians, she recalled the new inner rules adopted by the Turkish parliament according to which the use of the words Armenian genocide and Kurdistan by the MPs is forbidden.
The speaker also mentioned that hostile politics is being carried out against Kurds both in the country and abroad, especially in Syria.
"The fight against the Kurds is being carried out in the context of strengthening Erdogan's power. In order to create "sultanate", Erdogan made constitutional changed in April, after which he began active actions to strengthen that "sultanate", arresting and prosecuting thousands of people," Greta Avetisyan said.
- US Congressman Urges Trump Administration to Stop Blocking Armenian Genocide Legislation Congressman Brad Sherman urged Trump's administration to stop blocking Congressional legislation on the Armenian Genocide.
- Minister of Defense of Cyprus Visited the Armenian Genocide Memorial and Museum Minister of Defense of Cyprus Savvas Angelides and the delegation headed by him visited the Tsitsernakaberd Armenian Genocide Memorial and Museum early in morning today on February 13.
- Luxury Launches Outlook on Sultan Mahmud I’s Exceptional Gun Designed by Armenian Jeweler (VIDEO) Armenians played a primary role in the metallurgy of the Seljuk state.
- Will Macron Succeed in Starting a Dialogue on the Armenian Genocide Issue with Erdogan? The government of Turkey, which has been pursuing a policy of denial for many years, has strongly condemned Macron's decision to declare April 24 as Armenian Genocide commemoration day in France.
- Turkish Nationalists Urge to Expel Armenian Migrants Macron’s move to declare April 24 a day of Armenian Genocide remembrance has angered the leader of a nationalist party, who called for strong government efforts towards banning Armenian citizens’ residence...
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Ararat Mirzoyan to Leave for Moscow on 25 February
Artsakh Permanent Representative to the U.S. Held Meetings in Arizona
French Climbers Rescued from Armenian Mountain, One Pronounced Dead During Medevac
Peskov: Disagreements over CSTO New Chief’s Appointment are Being Settled
Richard Hoagland: "Lavrov Plan" on Karabakh Peace not Backed by Conflicting Sides "as yet"
Lynne M. Tracy Officially Sworn in to Serve as U.S. Ambassador to Armenia
We Are for the U.S. government to Officially Recognize the Armenian Genocide: U.S. Presidential Candidate
OSCE Assesses Committment of Armenian and Azerbaijani Leaders to Prepare their Peoples for Peace a Positive Signal
Artsakh Defense Army Didn't Lose any UAV: Defense Army Statement
Stepantsminda-Lars Highway Open for all Types of Vehicles
The Possibility of Opening an Armenian Trading House in Turkmenistan Is Being Discussed
Nikol Pashinyan Receives Georgian Defense Minister
Iran Warns Israel against 'Adventurism' in Syria
Information on Downing Armenian Spy Drone by Azerbaijani Side Doesn't Correspond to Reality: Artsakh Defense Army
Turkey to Renovate the Largest Armenian Church in the Middle East
NSS Director on Possibility of Launching Criminal Case against Armenian First President
Azerbaijani President Meets with OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
Armenia, Georgia Sign 2019 Military Cooperation Program
Elderly Man in Turkey Sentenced to Read Erdogan’s Biography for Insulting Him
"I Don't Speak Armenian, but I'm Armenian": Alain Prost - Living Legend of Formula One
"I'm Armenian, but I've Never Been in my Homeland'': Anna Der-Vartanian - First Female Master Chief Petty Officer in U.S. Navy
Serj Tankian and His Wife Provided Assistance to over 200 Needy Families in Armenia
I'm Pleasantly Surprised that Armenians Haven't Destroyed Azerbaijani and Jewish Cemeteries: Lapshin Visited Armenian Yeghegis
ANCA Suggests to Rename the Washington Street in Front of the Turkish Ambassador's Residence after Henry Morgenthau
Rhetoric around Preparing Armenian and Azerbaijani Societies for Peace Needs Transparency to Make Way for "Informed Judgements"
Patrick Devedjian - Advocate of Chirac, Close Adviser of Sarkozy: Armenian, who Fight for Rights of ASALA and Monte during Court Hearings
Turkey Recalled that Venezuela Recognized the Armenian Genocide in 2005
''Knight of Cilicia'': Aram Karamanukyan – One of the Founders of Syrian Armed Forces
Wind: 6 km/h