Armenian Community of France to Reintroduce Criminalization of Armenian Genocide denial into Agenda of 2018
The Armenian community of France is planning to reintroduce the issue of criminalizing the denial of the Armenian Genocide into the agenda in 2018, Harut Martirosyan, Chairman of the Armenian National Committee of France told Armenpress.
''We are actively working with lawyers. We will definitely find a solution to bring the issue to the agenda once again. This isn’t only the issue of the Armenian National Committee, Armenian organizations of France also putting efforts for this work'', he said.
During the year the committee will continue works relating to the Armenian issues. Martirosyan mentioned that significant work needs to be done this year in the parliamentary sphere.
''Significant part of the lawmakers have changed after the election and not everyone are well aware on the Armenian issues. Therefore we must actively work with MPs'', he said.
This year, the visit of French politicians and public figures is planned to be carried out to Armenia and Artsakh. Martirosyan said that the 100th anniversary of the First Republic of Armenia is a good occasion.
Events on the anniversary will also be held in France, he said.
''Few know that during the independence years of the First Armenian Republic, the embassy of our country operated in France'', he said.
Books and films relating to the protection of Artsakh’s rights, denial of the Armenian Genocide will be presented to the French public.
- Netanyahu Delayed Armenian Genocide Debate Israely Prime Minister Benjamin Netnayahu delayed a ministerial debate of motions to officially recognize the Armenian genocide.
- Supporters of the Armenian Genocide in Turkey Received Documentary Evidence from the Prosecutor's Office of Istanbul The judgment of dropping the case also mentioned that ''the protesters didn't seek to publicly mock the Turkish nation''.
- U.S. Secretary of State Will Review the Recognition of the Armenian Genocide During the House Foreign Affairs committee hearing Congressman David Cicilline asked Pompeo whether he will recognize the Genocide perpetrated by the Ottoman Empire against its Armenian citizens.
- Judging Me Will not Force Me Abandon Fight for Justice for Genocide: Garo Paylan Paylan told that he has always called "genocide" the tragedy which his family and nation survived.
- Aleppo: Events Dedicated to the 103rd Anniversary of the Armenian Genocide Similar other commemoration events took place in the city.
Trump: US Will Pay Nothing for Pastor
Turkey Arrests Another German Citizen
Angela Merkel to Visit Armenia Next Week
Guinea Citizen Ilegally Crossed Armenia-Turkey Border
"Armenian Velvet Revolution" Book Released
Turkey's Biggest Mobile Phone Importing Companies Cancel their Phone Orders
Government Creates Favorable Conditions for Doing Business and Making Profits – PM Pashinyan
Nikol Pashinyan: "Over the past 100 days, we have solved the key problem: we have ensured the country’s normal functioning and economic development"
Armenian PM, Russia President Talk on Phone
Turkey Intends to Establish Close Ties with EU
Trump Says His Tariffs will Rescue US Industry
Main Side of the Conflict Cannot be Withdrawn or Put Aside from Negotiation Table – Artsakh Parliament Speaker
Dollar Drops in Armenia
At Least 25 Killed in Suicide Blast in Kabul
Turkish Court Releases Local Chair of Amnesty International
Information of the Artsakh Republic State Commission on Prisoners of War, Hostages and Missing Persons
President Sahakyan Visited the Town of Martouni
Nikol Pashinyan Extends Condolences to Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte
Juncker Welcomes Release of 2 Greek Border Guards From Detention in Turkey
Artsakh Republic Convoked the Meeting of the Security Council
New Wave of Hysteria Raised in Azerbaijan Due to the Possible Visit of Russian Singer with Armenian Surname
Artsakh Republic President Sahakyan, Minister Minasyan Discuss Economic Cooperation Between Artsakh and Armenia
Any constructive contact initiated by the parties should serve for settlement of NK conflict, Russia says
Robert Kocharyan Released: Court of Appeals Approves Attorneys’ Appeal
Israel: All the Citizens are Equal, but Jews are More Than Equal
Armenia PM: Every Penny Stolen from People Will be Returned
"We are Gure to Gain a Victory in our Common Mission" – Nikol Pashinyan Attends Event Dedicated to Armenian General Athletic Union Centenary
Greens Call for New Zealand's Parliament to Recognise Armenian Genocide
Foreign Minister of South Ossetia Congratulated on the 25th Anniversary of the Establishment of the MFA of the Republic of Artsakh
Artsakh MFA Received Congratulatory Message from Abkhazia MFA on the 25th Anniversary of the Establishment
Wind: 28.97 km/h