''The Olive Branch'': Ankara Will Not Reconsider its Policy against the Kurds due to International Community's Concerns
Turkey's leadership should review its intervention in Syria, declared Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Hasemi, adding that "the consultations between Iran, Russia and Turkey on Syria are continuing."
Due to the developments in Afrin, many Italian political figures have opposed Erdoğan's visit today. The leader of the Left Party of Italy, Nicola Fratognani, urged the authorities of the country ''not to support the bloody and violent regime".
However, it should be noted that Ankara is not in a hurry to reconsider its policy against the Kurds due to international community's concerns.
Thus, in recent days, the Russian Foreign Ministry has expressed concern over the actions in Afrin, calling on the sides to calm down.
UN Secretary-General's spokesman in turn expressed concern over the threat to the peaceful civilian population by the Turkish Armed Forces as a result of their military operation in Afrin. "The UN urges the parties to respect the peaceful population, to provide them with the necessary humanitarian assistance and to respect their right to free movement," the UN Secretary General's spokesman added.
French President Emmanuel Macron stated that the operation of the Turkish Armed Forces in Syria against Kurdish militants should not be an excuse for occupying the lands of Syria. The French President urged Turkey to coordinate all steps in the north of Syria with NATO allies.
Ankara's attitude to the concerns of the international community is expressed in the response of Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavusoglu to Macron. "France or any other country cannot teach us lessons related to Afrin. These Europeans say you are right, and they make another statement from your back," Cavusoglu said.
- Kurds in Syria Call on US Support to Rein in Turkish Operations Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said the operation will be expanded to other areas, including Manbij, where American forces are stationed with Kurdish militia.
- Karen Karapetyan Meets with Iraqi Kurdistan Prime Minister Nechirvan Barzani The parties discussed possibilities and prospects for strengthening and developing bilateral economic ties. Prime Minister Barzani assured of their willingness to deepen cooperation with Armenia and boost...
- Two Turkish Soldiers Killed in Kurdish Attack in Southeast Another soldier was wounded in the attack which took place as the troops were carrying out security operations.
- Will the US Suspend Military Assistance to the Syrian Kurds? So, if in reality, the US is not going to suspend the military assistance to the Kurds, what is the disseminated news conditioned by?
- 15 German Police Officers Injured Dispersing Kurdish Rally in Dusseldorf Fifteen officers and at least three demonstrators were injured in the scuffles that ensued after the police moved to disperse a rally.
Armenia Records 337 522 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Tatev-Aghvani-Kapan Road Section is Difficult to Pass
Commemoration of Sts. Gregory the Thaumaturge, Pontiff Nikoghayos and Bishop Muron
Prime Minister of Armenia Sums Up the Results of the Trilateral Meeting in Sochi
Armenia Defense Minister Meets with Karabakh President, Situation on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Line of Contact Discussed
Congratulatory Message of Stanislav Zas to Suren Papikyan
Armenian Prime Minister, Russian President, Azerbaijani President Adopt Joint Statement
Armenia is Ready to Start the Process of Border Delimitation and Demarcation: the Speech of Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan at Trilateral Negotiations in Sochi
Armenia, Belarus Seek to Increase Mutual Trade
Putin Will Hold a Meeting of Security Council on November 26: Peskov
Putin Regrets that Incidents Still Occur in Karabakh
Putin Holds Bilateral Meeting with Aliyev
President of the Artsakh Republic Sent a Condolence Letter to Vladimir Putin
Armenian Embassy Condemns New “Despicable and Futile” Azeri Propaganda Provocation in Thessaloniki
PM Pashinyan Arrives in Sochi on a Working Visit
Delegation Led by RA NA President Alen Simonyan Takes Part in Conference and IPA CIS Council Meeting in Saint Petersburg
Azerbaijan Returns Two Armenian Captives
PM Pashinyan Pays Working Visit to Russia
Armenia Records 337005 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Roads are Mainly Passable in the Republic of Armenia
Gevorg Nalbandian: an Armenian who Wrote an Anthem for an African Country
Trilateral Working Group Most Optimal Format for Unblocking Communications: Zakharova
PM Pashinyan receives Deputy Chief of the General Staff of the RF Armed Forces
The Government Will Provide Another Financial Assistance of 13 Billion 575 Million AMD to the Republic of Artsakh
Armenia Records 304546 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Facebook Changes Its Name to Meta in Major Rebrand
Armenian Scientists Become Eligible for the EU's Largest Funding Program
Man Detained near Shushi to Be Handed over to Artsakh Law Enforcement Agencies: Ombudsman
Artsakh National Security Service Releases Statement on Incident Near Shushi Checkpoint
Biden Meets with Pope Francis at the Vatican