''The Olive Branch'': Ankara Will Not Reconsider its Policy against the Kurds due to International Community's Concerns
Turkey's leadership should review its intervention in Syria, declared Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Hasemi, adding that "the consultations between Iran, Russia and Turkey on Syria are continuing."
Due to the developments in Afrin, many Italian political figures have opposed Erdoğan's visit today. The leader of the Left Party of Italy, Nicola Fratognani, urged the authorities of the country ''not to support the bloody and violent regime".
However, it should be noted that Ankara is not in a hurry to reconsider its policy against the Kurds due to international community's concerns.
Thus, in recent days, the Russian Foreign Ministry has expressed concern over the actions in Afrin, calling on the sides to calm down.
UN Secretary-General's spokesman in turn expressed concern over the threat to the peaceful civilian population by the Turkish Armed Forces as a result of their military operation in Afrin. "The UN urges the parties to respect the peaceful population, to provide them with the necessary humanitarian assistance and to respect their right to free movement," the UN Secretary General's spokesman added.
French President Emmanuel Macron stated that the operation of the Turkish Armed Forces in Syria against Kurdish militants should not be an excuse for occupying the lands of Syria. The French President urged Turkey to coordinate all steps in the north of Syria with NATO allies.
Ankara's attitude to the concerns of the international community is expressed in the response of Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavusoglu to Macron. "France or any other country cannot teach us lessons related to Afrin. These Europeans say you are right, and they make another statement from your back," Cavusoglu said.
- Kurds in Syria Call on US Support to Rein in Turkish Operations Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said the operation will be expanded to other areas, including Manbij, where American forces are stationed with Kurdish militia.
- Karen Karapetyan Meets with Iraqi Kurdistan Prime Minister Nechirvan Barzani The parties discussed possibilities and prospects for strengthening and developing bilateral economic ties. Prime Minister Barzani assured of their willingness to deepen cooperation with Armenia and boost...
- Two Turkish Soldiers Killed in Kurdish Attack in Southeast Another soldier was wounded in the attack which took place as the troops were carrying out security operations.
- Will the US Suspend Military Assistance to the Syrian Kurds? So, if in reality, the US is not going to suspend the military assistance to the Kurds, what is the disseminated news conditioned by?
- 15 German Police Officers Injured Dispersing Kurdish Rally in Dusseldorf Fifteen officers and at least three demonstrators were injured in the scuffles that ensued after the police moved to disperse a rally.
Weather Forecast in Armenia: the Air Temperature Will Gradually Go Down and Go Up Equally
Armenia's Embassy in Iran Temporarily Suspends Work of Consular Section
Bako Sahakyan and Nikol Pashinyan Convened a Working Consultation
Armenian Apostolic Church Celebrates Eve of Great Lent or Great Barekendan
Iran Records 5th Coronavirus Death
"Interaction between Armenia and Artsakh is the key to our people’s security": Nikol Pashinyan
Ara Shahverdyan, Robert Beglaryan Elected Members of Iranian Parliament
Azerbaijan Violates Truce 190 Times Past Week
Coronavirus: China Reports Drop in Recorded Cases as toll Reaches 2,345
Armenia's Ombudsman Visits Artsakh Military Units
Joint Meeting of the Security Councils of Artsakh, Armenia held in Stepanakert
Armenian Embassy in Iran Urges Armenia Nationals to Stay in Touch
Putin Expresses Concern Over Aggressive Actions in Idlib During Talks with Erdogan
First European Dies from Coronavirus in Italy
David Yurchenko to Play for Armenian National Team
Armenia’s DM Instructs Strengthening Discipline and Growth of Quality of Operative-Intelligence Works at Military Police
Mher Grigoryan Attending The Meeting of The Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission
ANCA Calls on US to Match Armenia and Azerbaijan Military Assistance
Putin, Macron and Merkel Call for Resuming Political Dialogue on Libya: Kremlin
Iran Confirmed 13 More New Coronavirus Cases
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
Armenian Human Rights Activist Was Searched Naked in Turkey (video)
Wind: 5 km/h