''The Olive Branch'': Ankara Will Not Reconsider its Policy against the Kurds due to International Community's Concerns
Turkey's leadership should review its intervention in Syria, declared Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Hasemi, adding that "the consultations between Iran, Russia and Turkey on Syria are continuing."
Due to the developments in Afrin, many Italian political figures have opposed Erdoğan's visit today. The leader of the Left Party of Italy, Nicola Fratognani, urged the authorities of the country ''not to support the bloody and violent regime".
However, it should be noted that Ankara is not in a hurry to reconsider its policy against the Kurds due to international community's concerns.
Thus, in recent days, the Russian Foreign Ministry has expressed concern over the actions in Afrin, calling on the sides to calm down.
UN Secretary-General's spokesman in turn expressed concern over the threat to the peaceful civilian population by the Turkish Armed Forces as a result of their military operation in Afrin. "The UN urges the parties to respect the peaceful population, to provide them with the necessary humanitarian assistance and to respect their right to free movement," the UN Secretary General's spokesman added.
French President Emmanuel Macron stated that the operation of the Turkish Armed Forces in Syria against Kurdish militants should not be an excuse for occupying the lands of Syria. The French President urged Turkey to coordinate all steps in the north of Syria with NATO allies.
Ankara's attitude to the concerns of the international community is expressed in the response of Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavusoglu to Macron. "France or any other country cannot teach us lessons related to Afrin. These Europeans say you are right, and they make another statement from your back," Cavusoglu said.
- Kurds in Syria Call on US Support to Rein in Turkish Operations Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said the operation will be expanded to other areas, including Manbij, where American forces are stationed with Kurdish militia.
- Karen Karapetyan Meets with Iraqi Kurdistan Prime Minister Nechirvan Barzani The parties discussed possibilities and prospects for strengthening and developing bilateral economic ties. Prime Minister Barzani assured of their willingness to deepen cooperation with Armenia and boost...
- Two Turkish Soldiers Killed in Kurdish Attack in Southeast Another soldier was wounded in the attack which took place as the troops were carrying out security operations.
- Will the US Suspend Military Assistance to the Syrian Kurds? So, if in reality, the US is not going to suspend the military assistance to the Kurds, what is the disseminated news conditioned by?
- 15 German Police Officers Injured Dispersing Kurdish Rally in Dusseldorf Fifteen officers and at least three demonstrators were injured in the scuffles that ensued after the police moved to disperse a rally.
World Cup: Levon Aronyan Starts 1/8 Final with Draw
I am optimistic about the future. I do believe in the wisdom of our people: Serzh Sargsyan
Armenian President addresses congratulatory message on Independence Day
Google Changes Doodle to Mark Armenia’s 28th Anniversary of Independence
Armenia’s highest leadership visited the Yerablur Pantheon
Tbilisi billboards display messages with the theme of Armenia’s Independence
Armenia Now Has a Unique Opportunity to Fight Corruption: Pompeo
Hadrut region of Artsakh and the Department of Isere of France sign decleration of friendship
Artsakh's President sends congratulatory messages to Armenian President and PM
Private Equity Investment Fund Opened in Armenia with EU-EBRD Support
Foreign Ministers of Armenia, Artsakh clarify positions prior to Mnatsakanyan-Mammadyarov meeting
Armenia Marks the 28th Anniversary of Independence
"We Should Add Momentum to the Fight Against Corruption" – PM Chairs Consultative Meeting
Yerevan Court Denies Bail Petition, Ex-President Kocharyan to Remain in Custody
Saudi Arabia ‘Bullies’ Wealthy Families to Pump Cash into Oil IPO
Beijing-2022 Olympic Mascot Unveiled
Queen Elizabeth II Sent Congratulations to President Sarkissian on the Occasion of Independence Day
Facebook CEO Zuckerberg Meets Trump
Defense Minister: Exchange of Armenian Captives with Azerbaijani Saboteurs not Ruled Out
PM Introduces NSS Interim Director to NSS Senior Staff
Famous Russian Singer Lyubov Uspenskaya Performed an Armenian Song in Azerbaijan (VIDEO)
Models and Celebrities Love Kim Kardashian's Vogue Arabia Cover
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Armenia Marks the 28th Anniversary of Independence
Armenia PM: If Government Were Subjected to Pressure on Teghut Matter, Over 900 People Would Again Be Unemployed
Jerusalem Municipality Plans to Reconstruct the Armenian Patriarchate Road
Commemoration of Sts. John the Baptist and Job the Righteous
CSTO Will Always Welcome Cooperation with all the Former Republics of the USSR: Deputy Prime Minister of Russia
Georgian Parliament Approves New Prime Minister Giorgi Gakharia
The Proposal for Organizing a Meeting Between Armenian and Azerbaijani Foreign Ministers Was Voiced by the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group
Wind: 9 km/h