EU-USA ''Metal War'' Will Cause New Intrigues
The United States confirmed the decision to tighten customs duties on imports of aluminum and steel. According to this decision, the customs duties on imported aluminum and steel will be increased by 10% and 25% respectively.
It is worth noting that the EU's gross national economy will suffer from this trumpet decision, as, according to the official data, the European countries suspend the abolition of the above-mentioned metals' exports to the US.
It should be also noted that the next step in the framework of the Famous Sponsorship policy of Trump may also have some negative consequences for the US economy. The thing is that the organization of the aluminum and steel, as well as any other type of production in the US, will cost a lot more for a US citizen than in case of importing them. That is, the American product will be less competitive in its own country. Perhaps this is one of the main rumors concerning Trump's decision.
The EU in its turn responded to the decision on the increase of customs duties and to the possibility for further discussions. Meanwhile, the European Union's counter-steps, according to Cecilia Malmstrom, European Commissioner for Trade, will be at three levels. First of all, the European Union, together with other countries, will sue USA to the World Trade Organization (WTO), and secondly, it will take extreme measures to execute aluminum and steel surpluses in the European market, and third, will intensify strict policies against a list of American goods already being developed. At the same time, the list is still open, ready to expand with the proposals of the European business sector.
As you can see, the situation is really tense, but not so dangerous since negotiations between the EU and the US trade ministers on the current situation are expected. As Donald Trump wrote in his Twitter account, the United States is ready to review its decision if the EU is reducing the high customs duties on American goods.
Defining the current situation as an economic war will be wrong at least at this point. This is actually a major interstate bargaining which tools are state decisions: super quick and super transparent.
- G20 Trade Ministers Say WTO Reform 'Urgent' as New Trump Tariffs Loom With U.S. President Donald Trump readying tariffs on another $200 billion in Chinese goods, the ministers said they were “stepping up the dialogue” on international trade disputes, according to the...
- U.S.-China Trade War Escalates as New Tariffs Kick in China’s Commerce Ministry said Washington was “remaining obstinate” by implementing the latest tariffs, which kicked-in on both sides as scheduled at 12:01 p.m. in Beijing.
- Current Situation of Iranian Economy Can Be Seen As an Opportunity in the Context of Extending Armenian-Iranian Economic Relations The matter is that the use of US sanctions will dramatically decrease the circulation of American currency in Iran, which will result in the Iranian "Riyal" devaluation.
- US-China Currency War Will Affect All the Developing Economies The consequences of these mutual trade operations are not just the concern of these two economies, and it is explained not only by the fact that they are superpowers, but also by measures taken as a result...
- China Says U.S. Pressure will not Impact Trade Talks Speaking on the sidelines of a meeting with Southeast Asian foreign ministers, Wang said pressure from the United States would not have any impact on any trade negotiations.
Nikol Pashinyan Meets with UN Secretary-General António Guterres
In theFramework of the Summit of Minds President Met with the Leaders of Over Two Dozen Companies
Poland to be Referred to EU's Top Court
Russia to Send S-300s to Syria within 2 Weeks
Armenian PM Instructs to Set Up Working Group to Study Gas Prices
Moldova Court Suspends President Dodon
Shinzo Abe and Trump Hold Constructive Talks on Trade and North Korea
Rouhani: Americans Want Iran to Have no Security
Artsakh's Defense Army Serviceman Artsakh Hovsepyan Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
UN Gen-Sec Admired at Peaceful Power Change in Armenia
Powerful People, Powerful Citizens – PM Pashinyan about Election Results
Yerevan Election Vote Tallying Concluded, Hayk Marutyan to Assume Office as Mayor on October 10
Aliyev Criticized International Observers' Assessment on the Yerevan Council of Elderly Elections before the Election Results Were Published
Voter Turnout in the Yerevan City Council Elections is 34.72% - CEC
Armenian Genocide Memorial Blessed in Boise
"Historic Selfie" of Nikol Pashinyan and Catholicos Garegin II
Armenian FM to attend UN General Assembly session in New York
President Armen Sarkissian Took Part in the Annual Summit of Minds in Chamonix
Ara Babloyan: It is Too Eearly to Speak about the Early Dissolution of Parliament
PM Nikol Pashinyan Departed to New York
Pashinyan: Karabakh Should Become a Part of Armenia
Erdogan Wants to Build a Seljuk Style Presidential Palace on Shores of Lake Van
Dan Bilzerian Registers in the Armenian Armed Forces
Merkel Left Azerbaijan with ''Armenian Flags''
US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan
Gevorg Harutyunyan Took the Third Place at the "New Wave -2018" International Music Contest
Feast of Exaltation of the Holy Cross
"Declaration of Independence Laid Foundation of Artsakh’s State-Building’ – Armenian President Extends Congrats on 27th Anniversary
Dan Bilzerian Heads to Artsakh
Jean-Claude Van Damme to Be on Hand at Comedy Club Festival in Yerevan
Wind: 11.27 km/h