EU-USA ''Metal War'' Will Cause New Intrigues
The United States confirmed the decision to tighten customs duties on imports of aluminum and steel. According to this decision, the customs duties on imported aluminum and steel will be increased by 10% and 25% respectively.
It is worth noting that the EU's gross national economy will suffer from this trumpet decision, as, according to the official data, the European countries suspend the abolition of the above-mentioned metals' exports to the US.
It should be also noted that the next step in the framework of the Famous Sponsorship policy of Trump may also have some negative consequences for the US economy. The thing is that the organization of the aluminum and steel, as well as any other type of production in the US, will cost a lot more for a US citizen than in case of importing them. That is, the American product will be less competitive in its own country. Perhaps this is one of the main rumors concerning Trump's decision.
The EU in its turn responded to the decision on the increase of customs duties and to the possibility for further discussions. Meanwhile, the European Union's counter-steps, according to Cecilia Malmstrom, European Commissioner for Trade, will be at three levels. First of all, the European Union, together with other countries, will sue USA to the World Trade Organization (WTO), and secondly, it will take extreme measures to execute aluminum and steel surpluses in the European market, and third, will intensify strict policies against a list of American goods already being developed. At the same time, the list is still open, ready to expand with the proposals of the European business sector.
As you can see, the situation is really tense, but not so dangerous since negotiations between the EU and the US trade ministers on the current situation are expected. As Donald Trump wrote in his Twitter account, the United States is ready to review its decision if the EU is reducing the high customs duties on American goods.
Defining the current situation as an economic war will be wrong at least at this point. This is actually a major interstate bargaining which tools are state decisions: super quick and super transparent.
- Gazprom, Turkey Discuss Using TurkStream for Gas Supplies to Europe Earlier, Burmistrova said that Gazprom may consider delivering some of TurkStream’s gas further to Europe, on the condition that the demand for gas in the country continues to decline. Gas purchases...
- China's Economy Will Grow 2% This Year and 7.9% in 2021 "A premature policy exit and excessive tightening could derail the recovery," the World Bank said in its latest economic update on China, released Wednesday. It predicts the world’s second-largest economy...
- World Oil Prices Dropping And the Brent oil futures for February supplies fell by 2.97 percent to $50.71 a barrel.
- Oil Prices Fall as OPEC+ Members Debate 2021 Output Policy "Last week’s optimism is taking a hit this morning and longs are edging towards the exit ahead of the OPEC+ talks," said oil broker PVM’s Tamas Varga, after OPEC+ failed to agree on policy in informal...
- OPEC Sees Steeper Oil Demand Drop as Virus Remains Challenging World oil demand will tumble by 9.46 million barrels per day (bpd) this year, the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries said in a monthly report, more than the 9.06 million bpd decline expected...
Armenia Records 166427 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Armenia, Iran FMs' Private Conversation Kicks Off
Some Roads are Closed and Difficult to Pass in Armenia
Vladimir Putin Had a Telephone Conversation with Joseph Biden
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif Arrived in Armenia
Opposition Prosperous Armenia Party Leader Meets with Russia Ambassador
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Sent Letters to the UN Secretary General and UNESCO Director-General
Armenia PM Appoints First Deputy Health Minister
Nikol Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message to India’s Prime Minister
Italian PM Conte to Resign Following Pandemic Criticism
There is a Positive Dynamic in President Armen Sarkissian’s Health Condition
PACE Calls on to Implement Provisions of Trilateral Statement on Karabakh
Artsakh Reports 21 New Cases of COVID-19 over Past Day
Human Rights Ombudsman’s Office of Artsakh Published a Report on the Threat to Armenian Cultural Heritage
138 COVID-19 New Cases Reported in Armenia
Artsakh Defense Army Published List Of 65 Servicemen Killed
Four More Bodies Of The Artsakh War Casualties Were Found
Ombudsman: The Issue Of Demarcation Is Of Fundamental Importance For The Rights Of The Border Residents Of The Syunik Region
Russian, Armenian And Azerbaijani Vice Premiers To Meet On January 27
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Biden Names Ike Hajinazarian as White House Regional Communications Director
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Wind: 3 km/h