Los Angeles: Exhibits Dedicated to the Armenian Genocide
Central Library of Los Angeles will host two simultaneous art exhibits that explore the concept of generational trauma associated with the Armenian Genocide, Los Angeles Times reports.
The main exhibit, "Nonlinear Histories," is co-curated by Ara and Anahid Oshagan as well as Isin Önol and features the works of seven artists who examine their generational ties to the Armenian Genocide by re-imagining inherited artifacts. It will run from March 17 through May 6.
The collections are inspired by the theory of "postmemory" by literature scholar and author Marianne Hirsch, which refers primarily to how the children of Holocaust survivors cope with inherited trauma.
The second exhibit, "Prosperity, Loss, and Survival: A Photographic Journey from the Dildilian Family Archive," opens March 24 and is co-curated by Armen Marsoobian.
It is an organized family archive of memoirs and photographs, which were created before and survived through the Armenian Genocide.
- Magnifier: The Emphasis of the International Recognition of the Armenian Genocide “Magnifier” deals with the international recognition and condemnation of the Armenian Genocide.
- INSIGHT From Yerevan: Turkey’s Genocide Policy “Insight from Yerevan: Planet” hosts Ruben Safrastyan, head of RA NAS Oriental Institute, Turkologist, to discuss the recognition process of the Armenian Genocide and the Turkish policy over the issue.
- Garo Paylan Calls on the Turkish Parliament to Hold Parliamentary Discussion on Armenian Genocide Although the losses of 1915 cannot be returned, but from the view of living together, accepting the pains created inside the memory of the society and working on improving one another are valuable.
- This Is a Cut-and-Paste Policy, Set in Ankara by Turkish Dictators: ANCA Slams Trump over Failure to Condemn Genocide The Armenian National Committee of America (ANCA) commented upon the official statement of the US President Donald Trump on Armenian Genocide.
- ''Today, We Commemorate the Meds Yeghern''- Donald Trump We recall the contributions of generous Americans who helped save lives and rebuild Armenian communities.
Russia to Make Every Effort to Improve Relations With US
"Traitors" Among Armed Forces Should Be Detained: Maduro
President of Artsakh Congratulates Major-General Arkady Ter-Tadevosyan on His 80th Jubilee
China's Got Its Own Anti-U.S. Trade War Song
Dutch Parliament Discusses Erdogan's Hate Speech on Armenian Genocide
Washington Gives Ankara Two Weeks to Abandon S 400 Deal
Former President of Ukraine Poroshenko Accused of Treason
U.S. Says Syria May Be Using Chemical Weapons
Air Raids Kill 12 Civilians in Jihadist-Held Syrian Town
Putin Discusses Syria, Ukraine with Merkel, Macron
Armenia to Host Summit of Minds
Terrorist Attack Neutralized in Central Russia
EU Ready to Support Armenia in the Reforms in the Justice Sector: Switalski
Iran President Seeks Wartime Executive Powers Following US Tensions
CNN Host Calls on to Boycott Game in Baku
Issues of Reforming Family Vulnerability Assessment System Discussed in Government
Child Marriages Still in Place in India
Iran Refuses Trump's Offer of Talks Unless US Shows "Respect"
Suspension of Turkey’s NATO Membership is Not Realistic in the Near Future
Venezuelan Ambassador to Moscow Denies Rumors about Russian Military Base
It Is a Crime that Turkey Doesn't Want to Return Mount Ararat to Armenians: Zhirinovsky
French MP on Notre Dame de Paris Fire: How Can One Blame God For Fire? (Exclusive)
Recognition Path of the Armenian Genocide Through 2018-2019
Nubar Pasha, Armenian, the First Prime Minister of Egypt
This Year Marks the 150th Birthday of Renowned Armenian Composer Komitas
INSIGHT From Yerevan: Turkey’s Genocide Policy
INSIGHT FROM YEREVAN: The Legal Aspects of the Armenian Genocide
Erdogan Follows the Footsteps of His Criminal Ancestors
Anna Kazanjian Longobardo, Armenian, Designer of the American Missile Navigation System
"During its EAEU Presidency, Armenia will Make Every Effort to Back the Positive Dynamics of Integration" - Eurasian Intergovernmental Council Meets in Yerevan
Wind: 4 km/h