Los Angeles: Exhibits Dedicated to the Armenian Genocide
Central Library of Los Angeles will host two simultaneous art exhibits that explore the concept of generational trauma associated with the Armenian Genocide, Los Angeles Times reports.
The main exhibit, "Nonlinear Histories," is co-curated by Ara and Anahid Oshagan as well as Isin Önol and features the works of seven artists who examine their generational ties to the Armenian Genocide by re-imagining inherited artifacts. It will run from March 17 through May 6.
The collections are inspired by the theory of "postmemory" by literature scholar and author Marianne Hirsch, which refers primarily to how the children of Holocaust survivors cope with inherited trauma.
The second exhibit, "Prosperity, Loss, and Survival: A Photographic Journey from the Dildilian Family Archive," opens March 24 and is co-curated by Armen Marsoobian.
It is an organized family archive of memoirs and photographs, which were created before and survived through the Armenian Genocide.
- Dutch FM addresses letter to Armenian counterpart on Genocide’s 106th anniversary He noted that he has emotional memories from his visit to the Armenian Genocide Memorial last year and the stories presented there.
- Vice-President of the German Bundestag: We Must Keep The Memory Of All These People "We Germans have set ourselves the task of promoting reconciliation and rapprochement between Armenia and Turkey", he added.
- A French Senate Delegation Visits Armenian Genocide Memorial A French Senate delegation, led by president Gerard Larcher of the Senate, on Saturday visited the Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan on the 106th anniversary of this tragedy
- Armen Sarkissian: The Recognition And Condemnation Of The Armenian Genocide Are Necessary To Ensure Lasting Peace And Stability In Our Region Armenia’s President Armen Sarkissian on Saturday issued a message on the occasion of the 106th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide. The president's office informed Armenian News-NEWS.am about this.
- Pro-Kurdish Party of Turkey: We Confront Armenian Genocide with Shame The Armenian Genocide has been recognized by dozens of parliaments around the world, but the parliament of the country of that crime does not speak about it for already 105 years.
Commemoration Day of the Discovery of the Relics of St. Gregory the Illuminator
Statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia Regarding the Inadmissibility of the False Charges Against Armenian POWs and Captured Civilians
You will Never Feel Deceived - Robert Kocharyan
There Were and Are Those Who Will Put Aliyev in His Place
Armenia, Iran Plan to Create Operational Communication between Meghri and Norduz Checkpoints
"Armenia" Bloc – 28,7%, Civil Contract 25,2% - Gallup Publishes Poll Results
Russia in Contact with all Parties over Settlement of Situation over Karabakh - Kremlin Spokesperson
Two New Cases of Coronavirus Reported in Artsakh
Armenia Reports 86 New Cases of Coronavirus
Delimitation, Demarcation Issues Should not be Discussed Only from the Political and Military Viewpoints: Armenia Ombudsman
Return of 15 Armenian POWs Instills Hope for Major Change in Regional Atmosphere: Pashinyan
The Comment of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the Declaration Signed by the Presidents of Turkey and Azerbaijan
Zakharova: Russia Sees Need to Demarcate and Delineate Armenia-Azerbaijan Borders as Soon as Possible
3 More Bodies Found in Thursday’s Search for Artsakh War Casualties
Sergei Lavrov and OSCE Secretary General Helga Schmid to Discuss Nagorno-Karabakh
Erdogan Does Not Exclude the Creation of a Turkish Military Base in Azerbaijan
EU, WHO Hand over 22 Ventilators to Armenia’s Health Ministry
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Quake Hits Armenia
Parents of Missing Soldiers Meet with Caretaker PM Pashinyan
United States Calls on Azerbaijan and Armenia to Relocate Forces to the Positions They Held on May 11
Elections in Armenia: To Be or Not to Be?
Situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border Tense, 500-600 Azeri Militaries are in Armenia’s Territory: Pashinyan
German Chancellor Angela Merkel to Visit White House on July 15
Biden Administration Proposes $24,005,000 Post-War Aid Package for Armenia
ECHR Examines Armenia’s Appeal Over Case of Six Servicemen Captured by Azerbaijani Forces
CSTO Countries to Carry out Thunderbolt-2021 Drills in Armenia with Involvement of Armored Vehicles, Aviation
Moscow Calls on Yerevan and Baku to Resolve All Emerging Problems Peacefully
OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Call for Release of All POWs, Relocation Troops
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia