Los Angeles: Exhibits Dedicated to the Armenian Genocide
Central Library of Los Angeles will host two simultaneous art exhibits that explore the concept of generational trauma associated with the Armenian Genocide, Los Angeles Times reports.
The main exhibit, "Nonlinear Histories," is co-curated by Ara and Anahid Oshagan as well as Isin Önol and features the works of seven artists who examine their generational ties to the Armenian Genocide by re-imagining inherited artifacts. It will run from March 17 through May 6.
The collections are inspired by the theory of "postmemory" by literature scholar and author Marianne Hirsch, which refers primarily to how the children of Holocaust survivors cope with inherited trauma.
The second exhibit, "Prosperity, Loss, and Survival: A Photographic Journey from the Dildilian Family Archive," opens March 24 and is co-curated by Armen Marsoobian.
It is an organized family archive of memoirs and photographs, which were created before and survived through the Armenian Genocide.
- Exhibition Dedicated to Memory of Armenian Genocide Victims Opened in Swedish Parliament The temporary exhibition has been prepared in 2011 by the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute Foundation and then was provided to the Union of Armenian Associations in Sweden.
- Netanyahu Delayed Armenian Genocide Debate Israely Prime Minister Benjamin Netnayahu delayed a ministerial debate of motions to officially recognize the Armenian genocide.
- Supporters of the Armenian Genocide in Turkey Received Documentary Evidence from the Prosecutor's Office of Istanbul The judgment of dropping the case also mentioned that ''the protesters didn't seek to publicly mock the Turkish nation''.
- U.S. Secretary of State Will Review the Recognition of the Armenian Genocide During the House Foreign Affairs committee hearing Congressman David Cicilline asked Pompeo whether he will recognize the Genocide perpetrated by the Ottoman Empire against its Armenian citizens.
- Judging Me Will not Force Me Abandon Fight for Justice for Genocide: Garo Paylan Paylan told that he has always called "genocide" the tragedy which his family and nation survived.
Artsakh President Introduces New Defense Minister to Supreme Command Staff of Defense Army
Levon Mnatsakanyan is Released from the Position of the Artsakh Republic Defense Minister
Donald Trump is a Serial Re-Gifter of Christmas Presents
Brexit: EU Says no to May on Renegotiating Deal
Some Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass: Vardenyats Pass is closed
Arsenal-Qarabag: A Pitch Invader Infuriated Qarabag Players
U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations Approves Nomination of Lynne Tracy as U.S. Ambassador to Armenia
Lavrov: "Russia Wants Fair and Mutually Acceptable Settlement of NK Conflict"
Presentation of the New Official Website of the Foreign Ministry of Artsakh and a Film About Artsakh (VIDEO)
The Air Temperature In The Daytime Will Go Down
Erdogan: Turkey Starts Building Land Part of Turkish Stream Pipeline
Lebanese Prime Minister Congratulated Nikol Pashinyan On His Victory
New Anti-Russia Sanctions to Complicate Talks on Kerch Strait Crisis - German Foreign Minister
Theresa May Has Won A Vote Of Confidence
Police Issue Statement on US Embassy Statement, which Urged American Citizens to Be Vigilant when Visiting Armenia
Artsakh President and Armenian PM Held Meeting in Yerevan
Russian FM to Meet with Azerbaijani President, Foreign Minister in Baku
Armenian Foreign Ministry Official to Participate in BSEC Ministerial Session in Baku
Promotion of Investments, Development of Army, Poverty Reduction: Pashinyan Outlines Government’s Upcoming Actions
Russia Ready for Constructive Dialogue with New Armenian Parliament, Government: Maria Zakharova
MFA of Artsakh: John Bolton’s Expectations For The Azerbaijan-Karabakh Conflict Settlement Are Not Realistic
President of Artsakh Met co-Chairs of Coordinating Council of Armenian Organizations of France in Paris
Nikol Pashinyan Visited Meguerian Carpet Company and had Working Dinner with Harvard University Graduates (photos)
Armenia Ombudsman Prepares Special Report on Shooting towards Armenian Border Villages by Azerbaijani Side
Artsakh's President Visited the Phonethon Center Organized in Paris by the "Hayastan" All-Armenian Fund
Armen Sargsyan: "My grandmother Fleeing from the Genocide Took the Most Precious Things – Her Son and the Bible"
Armenian President, Italian Global Leading Aerospace, Defense Company CEO Discuss Opportunities for Cooperation
Nikol Pashinyan Made a Donation to Hayastan All-Armenian Fund and Addressed the Nation in a Live Broadcast
Nikol Pashinyan Hands State Prize for Global IT Contribution to James Truchard, Co-Founder and President of National Instruments
President of the Italian National Research Council is Greatly Interested in President Sarkissian’s Theory of Quant Approach to Global Risks
Wind: 8.05 km/h